Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 03:43 PM

9,356 posts, read 14,299,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
DEAR BLACK PEOPLE perhaps some of us SHOULD register as Republicans
A significant swathe of actual voters change so-called party, opportunely and appropriately, as often as every two years, regardless of how they are "registered". By the same token, a lot of them lie, opportunely and appropriately, about their intentions when asked by professional so-called pollsters who themselves are hired by opportunistic liars.

As the saying goes, don't put all of your eggs into one basket.

That is the third party.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Old 02-09-2020, 03:56 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Hillary Clinton said she has black women in her pocket. She was right, 96 percent of black women voted for Hillary in 2016. It is hard for black American to support Buttigieg due to him being gay, and to support Bernie. If you are a black academic, you cant support straight white males like Biden and Sanders, like wise for lying Warren on her Native American ancestry. The black vote is scerewed for 2020. My best bet if you are a Black American is to stay in your lane and worry about your local elections like what I'm doing. Your local election is just as important than the presidential election.
What's everyone saying here about blacks not voting for Buttigieg because he's gay? Is the claim that blacks are more prejudiced against gays than whites are? If so, that's odd. You would think that a people who have seen or experienced the consequences of prejudice would be less likely to be prejudiced against others.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The only time blacks are pandered to is during the primaries, after that, no one cares because they overwhelmingly vote Democrat no matter what, and are mostly located in heavy Democrat districts that will go for the Democrats anyway despite the turnout. Election after election it is like this.
That’s the only time YOU’RE pandered to also. After the election, they start taking care of the wealthy and the corporations.

So blacks are no different than any other group.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:04 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Because the margins of winning are usually much smaller than 12%.

If Blacks alone form a major third party, then the 2 party system effectively becomes a guaranteed indefinite 1 party rule (by the GOP).
Maybe if the Democratic vote among southern Whites was alot higher, maybe smaller margins would play a role. However, Blacks are more numerous in the South than any other region. That region continues to be red states, with some exceptions. The GOP has that region, without much Black support. What was a surprise was Trump getting Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. PA is about 11% Black and WI is 6% Black. Trump barely won those two states. Black voter participation DROPPED in Wisconsin. This is what gave

In the region where Blacks are the most numerous, it hasn't made that much of a difference. It MIGHT make a difference in Michigan, New York, and Illinois.

It won't matter in the South. What would hurt the GOP in the South is if more Whites started leaving the GOP and/or if the Hispanic and Asian populations started rising (i.e. Northern Virginia).

If a 3rd party got higher than normal votes, and pretty much all the Black vote went to a 3rd party, I have to think about this. Maybe more people would give a 3rd party a shot. My theory is that these things could happen.

1) Both the GOP and the Democrats would have to do some strategizing.
2) More non-Blacks who are of independant political mindset might put their weight to a 3rd party the next time around, provided there is a good strong 3rd party candidate. I think Gary Johnson would have done better by Blacks than Trump.

Tell you what, you tell me what you think would be a better solution. I don't see voting GOP as a great solution.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:25 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If blacks pulled their votes from both parties, then Trump definitely wins.
Not necessarily. Independents may vote for Dem or Rep.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What's everyone saying here about blacks not voting for Buttigieg because he's gay? Is the claim that blacks are more prejudiced against gays than whites are? If so, that's odd. You would think that a people who have seen or experienced the consequences of prejudice would be less likely to be prejudiced against others.
In the black community..........homosexuality isn’t looked at positively. That said, there are homosexuals who are racist. BLACK LGBTQ folks have had to form their own support groups because they aren’t accepted by the larger population.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:29 PM

3,746 posts, read 1,441,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IIRC, Trump got around 19-20% of the black vote.
Trump got around 15 percent of the black vote. Most of it coming from black males. My warning to black men in America is this. If you are married or enganged or with a girlfriend who is anti Trump and you as a black male vote for Trump. Expect either a divorce or break up and that black woman you are with will wreck you life with alimony and child support. The black American female is not playing with black males anymore.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:30 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Trump got around 15 percent of the black vote. Most of it coming from black males.
Trump got 8% of the Black vote, less than what Bush II got. And less than 15% of the Black male population supported Trump. And then consider the voter participation rate dropped.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:31 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Not necessarily. Independents may vote for Dem or Rep.
You mean independent blacks? There aren't enough of them. More than 90% of blacks vote Dem, so it would stand to reason that if blacks pull back their votes, it is the Dems who would suffer - and Trump would win.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've thought about something else. I've wondered the value of telling both parties to take a hike. If Blacks pulled their votes from both parties and put their vote to an independent party or their own party, I wonder if this would get both parties to wake up. I would like to talk abotu D vs R later. However, I figured if neither party got the Black vote, if both parties would have to strategize elsewhere. Or perhaps other people would follow behind that party?
I’ve wondered that too. My concern would be that many blacks would just ditch voting all together and THAT is not what should be happening. That said, we do either need to tell D and R to kick rocks or change the political climate of the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies