Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 07:23 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You said the hospital was totally overwhelmed with new covid patients.

I wanted to check and see if that was accurate.

I guess it's not.
When was the last time it took you 30 minutes to get a seat in the waiting room of an ER.

The last time you had to wait in a parking lot to be seen in an ER?

Sounds like the ER was overwhelmed with new patients of some kind..........

Old 08-05-2021, 07:27 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The poster said the ER was full of patients presenting with Covid symptoms and that because of that, it took a lot longer to be seen than usual. The ER was overwhelmed.

They didn’t say anything about the hospital admitting all those patients (they likely sent most of them home).
They said it was overwhelmed with new covid patients. Full stop.

It doesn't matter though - her hospitals aren't overwhelmed. I figured out myself which two hospitals she most likely meant - there's 821 beds (not including the children's portion which has an additional 111) and 28 patients.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:30 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
When was the last time it took you 30 minutes to get a seat in the waiting room of an ER.

It happens. Pre covid our local hospitals could be jam packed - you can track the wait times now online.

Several years ago there was so many people at Munster Community (in Indiana) we there for 6 hours. We sat outside the majority of the time.

30 years ago you could spend all day waiting at Ingalls Memorial in Illinois.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:35 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
As Ron Desantis continues his anti-mask crusade, Florida leads the entire country in daily covid cases and covid hospitalizations.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:38 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
It happens. Pre covid our local hospitals could be jam packed - you can track the wait times now online.

Several years ago there was so many people at Munster Community (in Indiana) we there for 6 hours. We sat outside the majority of the time.

30 years ago you could spend all day waiting at Ingalls Memorial in Illinois.
I sliced my finger open on a Friday afternoon in NYC and duct-taped it rather than go to the ER. I would have been there for the entire evening. Had it been a Tuesday morning, no problem.

But I agree that having 28 Covid patients is unlikely to mean the hospital, whether ER or other area, made it ‘overrub’.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:03 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
“A very large number” is speculation.

Noting factual supports this.
Nothing factual? Surely we KNOW what the positive case numbers are. At the very least, those who were tested, many more exist who were not tested. Right? I mean, they have only been blasted at us daily for over a year now. They also have been telling us, daily, that very number is "very large". Doesn't sound like speculation or are you saying they are "speculating" the positive cases? Those are the natural immunity numbers. The most difficult part is the overlap of vaccinated people who have had Covid. (and it wouldn't be difficult if they wanted you to know that information, but imagine that "very large" number of people knowing they have immunity and don't need the shot. Can't have that so the information remains in the background, rarely reported on by MSM.)

Old 08-05-2021, 08:12 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

Assuming you believe that anyone had to wait for a seat or wait in a parking lot.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:18 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...nited-kingdom/

Forbes: A Warning About The Future Of Covid-19 From The Scientific Advisory Group For Emergencies Of The United Kingdom

This is a UK story about what the scientific advisory group there believes will happen. Not good at all for vaccinated people like me. Not good for anyone really. If someone is thinking about getting vaccinated. Perhaps wait and read the link. If I currently was unvaccinated I would hold off on getting the vaccine. As a vaccinated person its quite chilling. Not only do you have a vaccine that is worrisome but you probably will get covid also just like someone without the vaccine.

The report outlines four scenarios:

Scenario one: The Delta variant mutates to a point of increased lethality. Under this scenario, the virus has the potential to kill between 10 and 35% of people infected, as did SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, up from the 1 to 2% lethality, characteristic of the current strains. ( The SAGE report considers the development of strains with increased lethality a realistic possibility.)

Scenario two: The Delta variant mutates to evade vaccines. ( The SAGE report considers the possibility that the virus will develop into what I call “vaccine-busting variants” to be an almost certainty.)

Scenario three: The Delta variant mutates to a point of multi-drug resistance, challenging antiviral treatments designed to prevent and treat disease. ( The SAGE report considers the possibility that the virus will develop antiviral drug resistance to be likely.)

Scenario four: The Delta variant mutates to become less harmful, similar to the four coronaviruses circulating today, such as the common cold. ( The SAGE report considers the possibility that the virus will develop decreased virulence to be a realistic possibility, only in the long term.)

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-05-2021 at 08:29 PM..

Old 08-05-2021, 09:12 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...nited-kingdom/

Forbes: A Warning About The Future Of Covid-19 From The Scientific Advisory Group For Emergencies Of The United Kingdom

This is a UK story about what the scientific advisory group there believes will happen. Not good at all for vaccinated people like me. Not good for anyone really. If someone is thinking about getting vaccinated. Perhaps wait and read the link. If I currently was unvaccinated I would hold off on getting the vaccine. As a vaccinated person its quite chilling. Not only do you have a vaccine that is worrisome but you probably will get covid also just like someone without the vaccine.

The report outlines four scenarios:

Scenario one: The Delta variant mutates to a point of increased lethality. Under this scenario, the virus has the potential to kill between 10 and 35% of people infected, as did SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, up from the 1 to 2% lethality, characteristic of the current strains. ( The SAGE report considers the development of strains with increased lethality a realistic possibility.)

Scenario two: The Delta variant mutates to evade vaccines. ( The SAGE report considers the possibility that the virus will develop into what I call “vaccine-busting variants” to be an almost certainty.)

Scenario three: The Delta variant mutates to a point of multi-drug resistance, challenging antiviral treatments designed to prevent and treat disease. ( The SAGE report considers the possibility that the virus will develop antiviral drug resistance to be likely.)

Scenario four: The Delta variant mutates to become less harmful, similar to the four coronaviruses circulating today, such as the common cold. ( The SAGE report considers the possibility that the virus will develop decreased virulence to be a realistic possibility, only in the long term.)
Do you stay up at night worrying and searching out the worst news possible?
This is their opinion from what they know.
Other experts would argue that Delta is less lethal and that’s the most usual progression.
If I remember correctly you had Covid, right?
You have nothing to be afraid of.
Give your immune system some credit.

Your article is reinforcement of control measures. We need to get on with life. Some experts say mass vaccination has caused mutations.

In order to prep for more control they say:
QUOTE:
“Human behavior is a driving factor in the spread of the virus. Behavior modifications including mask-wearing, isolation, lockdowns, contact tracing, all combined with vaccines and antiviral drugs—something I am calling “Multimodal Covid Control”—holds a prospect for effective management of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Toss this piece of fear mongering article in the trash.
Or be very afraid if you like.
But I hope you’re not going there.
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies