Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 08:16 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,886,464 times

Advertisements

Entire Florida county school district shuts down until after Labor Day because of covid problems. Gulf County has all of a 33% vaccination rate as of 8/31

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/loc...nearly-a-week/

Old 09-01-2021, 08:35 AM

2,669 posts, read 3,869,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
The problem is when we have a Joe schmo believing that because he took x treatment or eats x food and it works for them that they claim this is evidence for the effectiveness of that treatment, supplement, food etc.
I like it

My watch also serves as a Tiger repellant. I have been wearing it for 10 yrs and never once have I been attacked by a Tiger. It works!!

Old 09-01-2021, 08:42 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,412,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
For the people who believe in science and facts...this is what we are up against. Psychosis. Delusion. These people are living in an alternate reality of false information and crazy.

Citing her authority as a Christian, a conservative anti-masker woman says school board members are demonic entities and then she threatens police officers.

https://twitter.com/AndyOstroy/statu...30279559450626
Our country is doomed. The stupidity is just overwhelming.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
No, there's no problem if someone talks about what they do personally to stay healthy.

No one is claiming conversation is scientific peer reviewed evidence.

You do you. Others may decide to make a healthy change.
Actually it is a problem because they tout their way as the best way to others. Others will believe them and when they realize it is not the best way then they are the ones that end up suffering. IE: Keto dieters are notorious for this.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:56 AM

1,969 posts, read 677,908 times
Quote:
Our country is doomed. The stupidity is just overwhelming.
Did you listen to the entire thing? Which part is stupid?

Old 09-01-2021, 08:58 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,059,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
I like it

My watch also serves as a Tiger repellant. I have been wearing it for 10 yrs and never once have I been attacked by a Tiger. It works!!
Well, I suppose it is all in the interpretation.

I was reflecting this morning of here is this old spy, living along on a ranch to get away from it all. No white Bengals, a gift from a Sultan for services rendered (some spy novel).....but I have my own Tigers.....of a sort.

What's the point? Well, just like the song "One Tin Soldier"(was that its title) and the lyric of you can justify it all in the end......one can interpret just about anything anyway.......in the end.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Did you listen to the entire thing? Which part is stupid?
Do I really have to explain that to you? Saying people are demonic entities? Everything coming out of her mouth is pure fantasy.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:10 AM

1,969 posts, read 677,908 times
Quote:
Do I really have to explain that to you? Saying people are demonic entities? Everything coming out of her mouth is pure fantasy.
Well that part is a religious statement. I make it a point not to delve into that stuff. If that's your only issue then fine. I thought you were critiquing here statements about health or being a board ICU nurse (iirc), or her statement about natural immunity.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:13 AM

19,718 posts, read 12,289,701 times
Quote:
Actually it is a problem because they tout their way as the best way to others. Others will believe them and when they realize it is not the best way then they are the ones that end up suffering. IE: Keto dieters are notorious for this.
Sorry, we still need freedom to express our thoughts, opinions and beliefs.

There are lots of people talking about the best way to do this or that- do we shut them all down? This is almost all of youtube, lol. What about when the government encourages something that is wrong, like when they said everyone should be able to own a home and let those sub prime loans fly.

What about the food pyramid full of carbs? That's gotta be worse than Keto.

Of course the joke that is masks for Covid. Not all masks, some types can be quite effective, you just can't breathe very well in them.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:19 AM

18,550 posts, read 15,624,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Well that part is a religious statement. I make it a point not to delve into that stuff. If that's your only issue then fine. I thought you were critiquing here statements about health or being a board ICU nurse (iirc), or her statement about natural immunity.
If someone is making a religious belief into a medical claim, then they are effectively no longer speaking as a doctor, but as a private citizen, who is giving religious rather than medical advice. You can believe whatever religion you want, but that doesn't make it the same thing as medical science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies