Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 09:04 AM

7,817 posts, read 6,405,698 times

Advertisements

if the hospitals are overrun, he needs to make sure Americans get priority over illegals.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:05 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,966,054 times
All he has to do is be truthful. Something that he is incapable of.

In past times of crisis, the American public has rallied behind a President who is straight with them.

30,331 posts, read 23,808,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Make sure you're taking enough Vit D. I take 5000 IU/day and have for years. Recent published study said it's fine to take even up to 50,000/day (I wouldn't personally do that much). This goes to pumping up your immune system. Of course, discuss w/ your doctor, but many aren't that well versed as to dosage to keep your levels up. Adequate fluids, lots of vegies and fruits

I'm personally avoiding crowds, but I've always done that, just more so. I shop in the early am, store is empty, but avoiding places of congestion w/ people. For people that must be in contact, try to keep more distance, wash hands (have sanitizer in your pocket), etc.

There are herbs that can improve immune functioning, too. https://www.gaiaherbs.com/blogs/seed...-immune-health

Here's a long study (if you want to read that much) about Vit. C, Echinacea, Vit. D and Zinc and their role together in fighting the common cold by helping the immune system. I have zinc lozengers at home, along w/ Echinacea. You can't wait till your sick. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5949172/
This is pretty much how I live my life anyway. Sometimes I can’t avoid the crowds, but for convenience reasons, I go out when most people are home.

Problem is now that more will be doing that, completely destroying the point of doing so.

As for vitamin D, my doc said just 10 minutes a day of sunlight was enough (when I tested too low in 2016 - cause of that whole “avoiding people” thing). But people should be able to just stand in their yard or just out the front door of their apartment building for 10 minutes or so and get their necessary levels. Or was my doc wrong about 10 minutes in the sun?

Also, I’ve let people have it when they hack away with their mouths wide open as they come towards me. Perhaps it’s time for people to stop being silent and give them hell. Not just because of this thing, but because they can spread nasty crap any time.

I wrote about the petri dish experiment we did in science class in 8th grade. If everyone had done that in school, no one would be silent when an open mouthed cougher or sneezer who blasts their snot particles everywhere walks by.

Time to be quiet and nice has been over. Shame those pigs.

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
He wins by being an adult during a crisis and not acting like a spoiled child.
Trump acting like an adult?? That’s funny. Try again.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:10 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,183,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm assuming you made the exact same post when Obama cut the payroll tax for a year-ish.

That payroll tax cut included a provision that redirected other federal monies into the Soc Sec and Medicare budgets to make up for the revenue shortage. I don't know if Trump's proposal includes a similar provision.

51,660 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
If only 1% of the population becomes infected, our health care system will be overwhelmed.

Yikes!

16,912 posts, read 10,617,763 times
They were supposed to have a hearing about the virus but it turned into a political hit against officials then got cut off to cover idiot Weinstein.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Option 1:
Trump closes borders and orders wide spread quarantines.
Leftists whine that he's a racist and trampling on civil liberties

Option 2:
Trump takes more measured approach as to not incite panic
Leftists whine that Trump doesn't understand the problem and is incompetent.

The games continue, meanwhile the media pours gasoline on a smoldering fire, and the stock market keeps crashing.
You certainly have a hold on what is happening. I think Pence's daily update is priceless but how many on the other side is even watching? The fact that Trump is trying to do what he can to stop the spread and yet trying to keep us all calm is a great start. When the liberal govn of CA said Trump is doing a good job, he must be doing something right?

Old 03-11-2020, 09:12 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
It is astounding that every national challenge is weaponized to be a presidential folly
And yet fires, crime, pelosi villages, funds misappropriation and virus rage in California my home state -and Yet seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day -home on the rang -sing it governor newsom

Old 03-11-2020, 09:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
He wins by being an adult during a crisis and not acting like a spoiled child.
Are you saying he is acting like a spoiled child? Please tell me I am missing something!!!

jjrose: what has he lied about? And gives us your source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies