Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2021, 07:39 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,517,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Keep going. That's exactly what the government wants you do to.....hate your fellow man.

Don't be angry at the government for lying about the pandemic, the vaccines and other pandemic issues.
Don't be mad that our government has politicized this pandemic for their own agendas.

No...the benevolent government has all fingers pointed at unvaccinated people as the sole reason for this surge.

I would rather wear a "tin foil hat" than "drink the koolaid"

Old 08-14-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I think it's irrational for you to be mad about things that you cannot control and that don't have a direct effect on you.

There are several posters here who seem to be directing a lot of anger towards people that are unvaccinated. If that's you, congrats on being a tool of the system - you are being played by the media and the federal government and every political group that wants to drive division.
No, after going round and round with her - she always jumps over key parts of someone's posts, and just continues. I believe she pushes the agenda of shots at all cost, is not open to reason, and is here for a reason to push that agenda. There's been too many interactions that shows this.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
We are all being played to some degree by the media, but that doesn't make it a good thing to drag out a horrible pandemic because, "Muh freedomz!".
I think it’s really sad that you think protecting freedom is stupid and something that is worthy of mocking.

Not getting the vaccine is not akin to dragging out the pandemic. If anything, not considering a variety of strategies to with covid has held us back as we out all of our eggs in “the vaccine will save us” basket and it turns out the vaccine does not work as well as hoped.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:50 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think it’s really sad that you think protecting freedom is stupid and something that is worthy of mocking.

Not getting the vaccine is not akin to dragging out the pandemic. If anything, not considering a variety of strategies to with covid has held us back as we out all of our eggs in “the vaccine will save us” basket and it turns out the vaccine does not work as well as hoped.
Everyone makes mistakes. But freedom still has limits. You do not have an unlimited "right" to strain your healthcare system and put others in excessive danger.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:54 AM

8,155 posts, read 3,684,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So you're going to make up future scenarios that 1. may not even happen and/or 2. may not happen to you and be worried about that?

Gosh, all you guys do is worry about things.
Ok, so by how much should ICUs in particular area overflow before it's ok to start worrying?

Old 08-14-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I agree, no one can control the vaccination numbers. Trying to force people to take a non-FDA approved vaccine only makes them want to reject it even more.
Exactly. 1+1 just doesn't add up to 2 for some people.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:57 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Everyone makes mistakes. But freedom still has limits. You do not have an unlimited "right" to strain your healthcare system and put others in excessive danger.
I draw the line at controlling what is put into my own body. The vaccine has not been proven safe or effective and I will not accept being coerced into getting injected with it. I will not accept my kids being forced to get it.

My body my choice was not just a passing fad for me. I meant it then and I mean it now.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
The thing is - why are you even here? It 1000% does NOT matter what anyone says here to you here... You just won't stop your bizarre rationalizations and your strange examples to equate things to other things that do not equate.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:59 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Ok, so by how much should ICUs in particular area overflow before it's ok to start worrying?
Why are you so worried about what you have no control over?

Did you also worry when hospitals experienced surges during bad flu seasons? Probably not - because the media didn't tell you needed to be angry and scared and direct your anger at the unvaccinated.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:01 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I draw the line at controlling what is put into my own body. The vaccine has not been proven safe or effective and I will not accept being coerced into getting injected with it. I will not accept my kids being forced to get it.

My body my choice was not just a passing fad for me. I meant it then and I mean it now.
Ok, but then you can't turn around and insist that you should be allowed to force others to treat you the same as a vaccinated person. You have the right to refuse to be vaccinated and New Yorkers have the right to refuse to allow you into their restaurants and bars. And Californians. And whoever else.

Your body your choice. Their restaurants, their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies