Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 10:06 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times

Advertisements

A friend had just come home from hunting. He was getting out of his car with his rifle when a cop pulled in on the passenger side. The cop jumped out, gun drawn and told him to put down his gun. (it was never explained why the cop was there). My friend laid his rifle on top of his car, raised his hands in the air and walked backwards. After about 3 steps, the cop shot him through the neck. Luckily he survived. Nothing was ever done to the cop. My friend had no warrants and had never even been arrested. The rifle was not loaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2020, 10:08 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
Many of the comments are spot on.

wuschelbeutel
congratulations, people of mesa, AZ - he just got rehired thanks to your elected board. that cop was, at best, incompotent and, at worst, psychopathic.

Brandon Platt
When the government tells you that you dont need an AR15, you need two, 10 magazines, and 500 rounds of ammo for cases just like this.

Code Ninja
He was killed for a reactionary movement to pull up his shorts when they were falling down. If you have any ticks, Tourettes, or seizures you better hope you're never in a situation like this.

Ba A
I've seen the full video and I am convinced this was a cold blooded execution by a happy trigger cop. He shot the innocent and unarmed man for absolutely no reason. The man posed no threat at all at any time and yet the cop's finger pulled the trigger.

voicedify
Tells man to keep hands in air.
Intimidates man and confuses him.
Tells man to crawl towards him.

No matter what choice the man chose to do, it was the wrong one.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:11 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflGwyWcft8

Watch that, it's very clear no one posed any threat yet the guy was shot dead just for pulling his pants up, by a guy who had a gun that whom the pieces of garbage had a "YOU'RE ******" on his weapon yet wasn't allowed to be used as evidence against the guy by a very evil judge who is very obviously racist, sexist, loves evil doers and loves subverting the law.

What happened in the aforementioned video is completely unjustified yet happened anyway. Obviously the same judge would have been completely been cool had the same guy that did that brutally raped a woman than shot her dead, not like he would have cared.

I wish that like in the military cops had an "Don't fire unless fired upon" mindset. Far better is it for a cop to be shot and killed than an innocent civilian. May sound harsh, but given the vast majority of cops comprise of the losers in high school that, while those of us had an IQ above 50 went on to college, these losers and freaks ended up going nowhere in life? Have you ever noticed how most of the jackasses you knew in high school ended up becoming either nurses or cops because they love having the power and control over others?
I think your perception is way off, and this rambling stream of thoughts do not make any sense.

As an example, nurses are highly educated people, and unlike your characterization of them, they became nurses to help people, not have power to control them.
Then you go off about evil judges who are ____ists. Those two sweeping generalizations alone are an indictment of your thought process.

As to LEO's, like any profession, most are good people and not reflective of the few bad apples within their ranks.
There are approximately 1 million LEO's in this country, and if most were "evil doers", innocent people would be dropping like flies. Unlike the movies, most LEO's never shoot anyone, much less kill innocent people.

So I suggest you educate yourself better on the subject, rather than impugn several professions as all bad people looking to perpetrate evil upon society.

`

Old 03-08-2020, 10:14 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A friend had just come home from hunting. He was getting out of his car with his rifle when a cop pulled in on the passenger side. The cop jumped out, gun drawn and told him to put down his gun. (it was never explained why the cop was there). My friend laid his rifle on top of his car, raised his hands in the air and walked backwards. After about 3 steps, the cop shot him through the neck. Luckily he survived. Nothing was ever done to the cop. My friend had no warrants and had never even been arrested. The rifle was not loaded.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you are not going to post a link to your story that is accessible online.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
90% of the time, nothing is done.
There was a case where a gas can blew up in a guys car.
He suffered burns all over his body and when the cops arrived, he was uncooperative because he was out of his mind with pain.
They wanted him to lay down on the hot pavement and he refused.
They shot and killed him and nothing was ever done to these cockroaches.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:24 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you are not going to post a link to your story that is accessible online.
Happened a long time ago. No internet at the time. Just shows that cops have always been above the law. Lloyd still has a big scar as a reminder.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
How about this one?
he was carrying a gas can that exploded and subsequently rear ended cars ahead of him when he caught fire.
He had third degree burns over the majority of his body with strips of flesh hanging down.
He escaped from the vehicle and was catatonic sitting Indian Style when 2 policemen arrived.
They ordered him to lie down and when he did not respond, they tasered him. The barb got stuck in his burned flesh and he jumped up and then they shot him to death.

Toxicology Reports Came back negative
One of the officers was fired for an unrelated incident involving Driving while Drunk, constantly saying, I am a cop, give me a break and breaking into his Ex Girlfriends house and terrorizing her. The other is still roaming the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anDbhBHaG38[/quote]

Old 03-08-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The North Hollywood Shootout back in 1997 resulted in changes nationwide in police departments, being beefed up and more militarized because 12 cops got injured from that incident.

It stands to reason, if we have many innocent people being killed by cops, and we do, then we also deserve changes nationwide being made to protect the innocent.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Cops are held accountable.
Only when the Feds and the ACLU get involved.
Police Internal Affairs, is nothing but a cover up position within the very agency being "investigated".
How many times have we heard, "An internal review has determined no wrong doing" After we all witnessed the video and can judge for ourselves, with a much different view. The Unionized Police State... Us v. Them

Old 03-08-2020, 11:12 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Bijan Ghaisar was shot dead a year ago by US Park Police. His family still doesn't know why

'No transparency. No answers. No justice.'--CNN

Another unjustified police shooting from my neck of the woods. One of the cops claims "self-defense". Two cops fired 10 rounds at Ghaisar as he slowly drove away after being pulled over. Four of the shots were head shots. So much for aiming at center mass and shooting to stop. Now cops go straight for a kill shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies