Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 01:56 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
When they kill innocents and nothing changes that is saying **** the citizens.
Again, show me some policy changes to protect the innocent. All I hear is crickets.
police use of force policy is based on a US Supreme Court case Graham v. Connor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2020, 01:59 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The jury was filled with statist bootlickers.

Easy to find. That's 99% of the population.

that is not how jury is selected

have you been on a jury duty before? I'm asking you this because you sound dumb.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
always have, shoot to kill or don't shoot at all.
Aiming for center mass does not equate with shooting to kill. Aiming for the head is shooting to kill. Aiming for the head results in more misses, thereby putting bystanders at risk. That's one reason cops are trained to aim for center mass. But you think cops should aim for the head instead?

Old 03-08-2020, 02:14 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

have you been on a jury duty before? I'm asking you this because you sound dumb.
They won't pick me; I know too much.

Which, in some cases, is a pity. I understand that in domestic violence cases, the jury is unaware the reasons behind of "why didn't she just leave?". Of course, with my background, I know why........

.........but I guess that's just the way it works, that the jury is composed of people not so studied in security matters.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:27 PM

4,909 posts, read 2,060,853 times
As for everybody who is critical of the police... Why don’t you volunteer and become a police officer? They won’t because these people, who believe that cops are some type of blood thirsty killers, do not want to be put in a life or death situation... Or deal with the sheet law enforcement officers have to deal with every single day.

Because of these people, the country, as a whole, is having problems in recruiting AND retaining officers... Who wants to be a LEO when half the country hates you, BUT!! Has no issues in calling the cops when they need one.

It’s easy to beech about something that you know nothing of, but it’s a different story when it’s time to step up to the plate and do something... Other than beech about something that you have never done before or ever will.

Please talk to a police recruiter AND be that “mythical” law enforcement officer AND lets see how long you last in the real world.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:00 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The jury did not give him his old job back so he could get his pension for life. His buddies did.
He'll be sucking off the govt tit for the rest of his life.
Once he was found not guilty, he was going to appeal his termination. There was a potential that he would be reinstated as an active police officer on patrol again, against the wishes of the police department. The city was trying to avoid him working again, so they cut a deal that made sure he would not be in contact with citizens. Their hands were tied since they fired him largely due to the shooting, which he was cleared of by the jury.

This is really not that difficult to understand.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflGwyWcft8

Watch that, it's very clear no one posed any threat yet the guy was shot dead just for pulling his pants up, by a guy who had a gun that whom the pieces of garbage had a "YOU'RE ******" on his weapon yet wasn't allowed to be used as evidence against the guy by a very evil judge who is very obviously racist, sexist, loves evil doers and loves subverting the law.

What happened in the aforementioned video is completely unjustified yet happened anyway. Obviously the same judge would have been completely been cool had the same guy that did that brutally raped a woman than shot her dead, not like he would have cared.

I wish that like in the military cops had an "Don't fire unless fired upon" mindset. Far better is it for a cop to be shot and killed than an innocent civilian. May sound harsh, but given the vast majority of cops comprise of the losers in high school that, while those of us had an IQ above 50 went on to college, these losers and freaks ended up going nowhere in life? Have you ever noticed how most of the jackasses you knew in high school ended up becoming either nurses or cops because they love having the power and control over others?
You listen and live. Idiot I guess didn’t want to live.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by du ma View Post

lol

Old 03-08-2020, 06:14 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
cops find about 1 out of 25 who apply suitable for employment.

Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 PM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
And people who defend every action of the police want to live in a police authoritarian state. We know who you are as well.
The fact that the United States has so many illegal aliens is irrefutable proof that millions of people will break the law without a second thought if they feel they can get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies