Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2020, 12:06 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The good news is that my youtube channel is getting more traffic and my monthly income will perhaps increase too.
I hope it works out for you. I have a web site to sell my photography. I expect my views to go up, but my sales to go down.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:08 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I hope it works out for you. I have a web site to sell my photography. I expect my views to go up, but my sales to go down.
Any mail order business sale will go down. Maybe it is the time to set up a youtube channel, teaching people something and get some ad revenue, More cash in your pocket. Maybe teaching people how to be a photographer.

I am lucky that I don't have a financial concern, at least.

The good news is that after this pandemic is over, and it will be over, (3 month, 6 month?) people will buy again.

If I get quarantined, I decide to record my daily life and post them on youtube. LOL at least make some money this way.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:08 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Trump told state governors in the conference call today that they are on their own when it comes to getting needed medical equipment. Don't wait for the feds. Translation: there is no equipment held by the US. That seemed pretty obvious when pharma lobbyist Azar dodged the question on how many masks we had because "it was a national security secret".

Old 03-16-2020, 12:10 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Several members of Trump's Coronavirus Task Force have said in briefings that we need to set aside partisanship and stop the political bickering.

Donald Trump moments ago, takes a jab at NY Governor Cuomo, someone Trump hates.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...07610669699073

Old 03-16-2020, 12:12 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump told state governors in the conference call today that they are on their own when it comes to getting needed medical equipment. Don't wait for the feds. Translation: there is no equipment held by the US. That seemed pretty obvious when pharma lobbyist Azar dodged the question on how many masks we had because "it was a national security secret".
For some reason, Fema does have 10s of thousands of rubber vaults/caskets readily available.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:13 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
the younger the country, the fewer the cases, because they don't need to test so many people.

The number can be very misleading.
At the same time a low median age of a country means that the virus will be more widely spread because children are super distributors without knowing it.

Many African countries have a median age between 15 and 20 years, which should make them less vulnerable. Then again, due to poverty in every way, many of those young people are not overly healthy to begin with.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:13 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
No national response. We are absolutely f'ed on this because Trump is a total potato. We are careening toward "worst case scenario" numbers and Trump is using his time on the phone with the Governors of this country to do his best Baghdad Bob impression while valuable time ticks away.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...eir-own-2020-3

The Times reported that Trump used most of his conference call with governors to paint a rosy picture of the disease, which contradicts what scientists and public-health experts have said.

"We're going to get it remedied and hopefully very quickly," the president said. "We broke down a system that was broken, very badly broken," he added, and said his administration would create a new system that "is going to be the talk of the world."

Old 03-16-2020, 12:14 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:

Quote:
"Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves," Trump told the governors during a phone call, The New York Times reported. "We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves.
Not exactly the same as saying they are on their own.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:15 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Several members of Trump's Coronavirus Task Force have said in briefings that we need to set aside partisanship and stop the political bickering.

Donald Trump moments ago, takes a jab at NY Governor Cuomo, someone Trump hates.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...07610669699073
I really wish he didnt always feel the need to hit back, at least not right away. Believe it or not, I understand some of your guys complaints. Hope you all can reciprocate.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:18 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You begin developing symptoms and get retested?

We've seen the symptoms for 3 1/2 years now. Many psychiatrists have made their conclusions. Supporters have looked the other way. Now it could cost you your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies