Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 03:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times

Advertisements

You need guns to protect your 57 rolls of toilet paper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 04:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
If you would like to understand the tension in NY between the Asian and Black community, please read about former NYPD cop Peter Liang
Yeah, well that was just an awful situation. But Liang got off easy by doing no jail time. I disagreed with the Chinese activists in that case, but I can understand them wanting Liang to walk since white officers were routinely being let off the hook for unjustified shootings.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:03 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And Asians can’t be racist against blacks and Hispanics? LMAO...how about answering that!! Try being black and dealing with people from India.

In any case, I know what this is on your behalf. You most certainly see it as being to your benefit if all these minorities all hate each other. It furthers the White Conservative agenda. Just read through this thread and it’s insanely palpable.
When I said Asians, I was referring to East Asians. Sorry for not making that clear.

And I don't want minorities to hate each other. I just don't like it when they gang up to hate me.

Quote:
Speaking of Britain, most of their immigrants are Asian. You DO realize that, right?
Most British immigrants are South Asian. Culturally speaking, South Asians and East Asians are quite different, on average. Do you not know this?

Old 03-16-2020, 06:52 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I personally dont get attacking Asians to begin with. Eastern Asians , Chinese, Japanese, Korean, are probably the most American acclimated demographic of immigrants there is.
Yeah, sometimes we're the yellow peril. Sometimes we're a model minority until it's convenient to scapegoat us for something else.

Like the WWII internment of Japanese Americans.

Like the Red Scare in the 1950s.

Like Wen Ho Lee in the late 1990s.

Like crap about COVID-19 and subsequent racist attacks on Asian Americans today.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
When I said Asians, I was referring to East Asians. Sorry for not making that clear.

And I don't want minorities to hate each other. I just don't like it when they gang up to hate me.

Most British immigrants are South Asian. Culturally speaking, South Asians and East Asians are quite different, on average. Do you not know this?
Look, all I know is that whatever Asians you folks are talking about, y’all sure as hell are happy about them potentially hating US (meaning black folks), and you do all you can to promote it too. You’re QUICK to propagate the notion that blacks (and sometimes Hispanics) are their enemies.

And on CD (and offline too), you’re quick to tell blacks that Hispanics hate blacks and how illegal immigration hurts blacks. I see it all the time.

But behind our backs, you THEN tell Hispanics that they’re really white people who have commonalities with Anglos, and “the blacks” are against them because we’re jealous about this or that, and that they’re better than blacks because they work much harder than we do (ignoring the fact that Hispanics work much harder than you folks too )....you conservative whites have the game down cold.

But of course, I see it all play out and I’m not about to play that tricknologist game. I’m not looking for allies from outside of my community anyway. So I’m not gonna be pitted against other races of people.

But you can best believe that I peep game regularly, and I’m quite aware of what’s going on.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:37 PM

929 posts, read 399,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
My point is made with your own words
LOL...lets be honest though, which religion killed more of their own people and other people around the world?

Old 03-16-2020, 10:46 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Yeah? So what? I happen to be of East Asian descent and have lots of South Asian neighbors and colleagues.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:53 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
And Asians can’t be racist against blacks and Hispanics? LMAO...how about answering that!! Try being black and dealing with people from India.

In any case, I know what this is on your behalf. You most certainly see it as being to your benefit if all these minorities all hate each other. It furthers the White Conservative agenda. Just read through this thread and it’s insanely palpable.
Asians not only can be racist but can be among the worst. Chinese and Japanese are hard core. They can be extremely racist against other Asians even.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
LOL...lets be honest though, which religion killed more of their own people and other people around the world?
Christians win that battle hands down.

The numbers in the Holocaust ALONE make Christians the clear winner.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:31 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yeah, sometimes we're the yellow peril. Sometimes we're a model minority until it's convenient to scapegoat us for something else.

Like the WWII internment of Japanese Americans.

Like the Red Scare in the 1950s.

Like Wen Ho Lee in the late 1990s.

Like crap about COVID-19 and subsequent racist attacks on Asian Americans today.
East Asians have had a rough go in the US . Starting with the Chinese in the 19th century. I spent some time growing up in Japan and the PI. So I've been around East Asian people both here in the US and overseas.

I'll never forget the Chinese guy I met once. He was born here in the US but when he started talking he had a serious TX accent. LOL, it was great. Had a lot of fun working with him. He had a very good sense of humor with the incongruity of his Chinese heritage and TX drawl.

Now, she on the other foot a lot of Americans dont get it that we come off the same way say in Japan. Speaking Japanese with an American accent. I think we come off extremely hilarious to people from Hokkaido listening to Japanese spoken with say a TN drawl. LOL.

Many Americans dont take into account we DO have accents. Just speaking another language doesnt mean the people your among can understand you. But anyway, the Chinese in the 19th century through all the things you listed to now are a black eye on our history.

I really don't get holding this Coronavirus thing against Chinese or any othe East Asians here in the US. That's just ignorant. Unfortunately the US has a lot of ignorant people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies