Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 12:46 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Stupid analogy considering those that travel daily to and from the U.S. and Taiwan and the differences in population. Plus you’re saying if the U.S. doesn’t have the lowest rate of CV in the world they’re a failure. Carry on.
All you have to do is look how fast the virus is growing in US vs Taiwan. Did you forget that Taiwan's population is much more densely compact than the US. If anything cases should multiply much faster in Taiwan than in the US simply because everyone is so much closer together.

The US doesn't have to have the lowest CV rate. Just look how fast this is spreading compared to other countries that are prepared and organized like South Korea where cases are now leveling out. US has been unprepared and disorganized from the beginning. How do you not see that? If we are so prepared and organized why are we suddenly on the brink of running out of medical supplies in NY hospitals?

This is a total cluster and will only get much worse.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
China hid the virus and one of the first things Trump did was cutoff China travel, that saved a bunch of us right there. Nobody saw this coming and at first it appeared to be very mild with some experiencing no symptoms and some just a light fever for a day or two........then the nasty stuff hit some oldies and it was a calamity certainly HYPED by the Trump hating media that you obviously enjoy...........

I shudder to think what would happen if the Hildebeast had got in.............
Gimme a break. We knew back on Dec 31st. Why didn't Trump do anything then? All the way through February he basically downplayed it. Here is video proof:
https://twitter.com/jheil/status/124...290821640?s=20

Old 03-20-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Can you even imagine Bernie or Biden running the show? God Saved Us... We got Trump at the right time in history.

He is going to be re-elected. No doubt about it.
God Bless America

& God Bless Donald J. Trump - Still Your President
No, just watching in real life this cluster of a situation this President has gotten us into.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:03 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Democrats still trying to politicize a national/world crisis. Pathetic. We need to unite.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:08 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Democrats still trying to politicize a national/world crisis. Pathetic. We need to unite.
I'm not uniting behind a cretin who lied about the threat this virus posed to Americans. Why would any rational person do that?

Old 03-20-2020, 01:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
How soon you forget the last guy who spent eight years trying his best to destroy America. obama is an anti-America, white hating, police hating, military hating racist.
Trump had done great things for America. You need to tune out CNN, you look rather foolish with your ignorant posts...
TRUMP 2020 Four more years....
Not everyone believes in those alternative facts.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:13 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So the rest of Europe and Asia must have had competent leaders in place since they've been able to respond quicker and more effectively than America. South Korea had their first diagnosed person on same day we did. Why are they miles ahead of us in response?
Lies, France, Italy, Spain and the UK have all just shut down; their economies are suffering just as ours are, they've limited social activity in the last few days. France, Spain, Italy, the UK, and Iran all have either a higher total death number or higher percentage relative to their population.

South Korea has done a solid job considering they have a much smaller population, and a much more homogeneous population.

What "miles" are any of these countries ahead in? The time line for everyone is separated by days if not hours.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
This is an anecdotal report and subject to confirmation, but my son received information from a Denver news station where he has a contact (we recently moved to Tennessee from there) that TODAY, Trump sent their station a message asking them to NOT report unemployment numbers "in the best interests of the nation."

"Interests of the nation?" Right!!
The Labor Department asked state labor offices not to release data on unemployment claims before the information is incorporated into its national weekly statistics.

The letter to state labor agencies Wednesday, first reported by the New York Times, notes that the jobless claims data "is monitored closely by policymakers and financial markets" and said state offices, when talking to the press, should confine themselves to using "generalities to describe claims levels (very high, large increase)."
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...numbers-139268

Old 03-20-2020, 01:27 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Before all was said and done, I said, "I'll be happy voting for anyone but Biden. Buttigieg, Warren, Klobuchar, Steyers, Bloomberg, Sanders, they are all fine with me. I just don't want Biden. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. Plus he's not there mentally." Wife said, "I don't care for him either. He's OK I guess. I'll vote for him is if he's the nominee but he's my last choice." And who do my fellow Dems go for? The worst candidate of all! And they aren't even excited about him. All they talk about is how they voted for him based on his theoretical choice for VP because his memory loss is so bad!
If you can't stomach either candidate, then you do have other choices. You know this, correct? In 2008, I couldn't stomach either McCain or Obama so I voted third party. You could do that or you could sit out the election. Why not try that instead of blind loyalty to one party?

Old 03-20-2020, 02:00 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
95% of the population wears masks when going out. Much more stringent and just more prepared in general.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...virus-n1153826
You do know masks don't prevent you from catching COVID-19, don't you? The masks only work if a sick person wears them when they go outside. IOW, it keeps the sick person from spreading the virus.

Here's an article from a website that is one you would like:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/do-fa...b6ce51a4ec0a09

From the article:

But the masks aren’t foolproof, and just because you’re wearing one does not mean you’re in the clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies