Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 02:10 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If you can't stomach either candidate, then you do have other choices. You know this, correct? In 2008, I couldn't stomach either McCain or Obama so I voted third party. You could do that or you could sit out the election. Why not try that instead of blind loyalty to one party?
In another post a few days ago, Scooby Snacks posted that she’s not going to vote for Biden. Re the post you were replying to above, it sounds as though her (Scooby’s) wife is still going to vote for Biden.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:11 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Trump is just doing the opposite of what Obama/Biden did during the swine flu disaster where 13,000 were killed here. That is the clear path to success.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:16 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
I don't understand why Lefters aren't double-downing on their open border

It's times like these where we all most come together...literally...right?

Last edited by HansProof; 03-20-2020 at 02:26 PM..

Old 03-20-2020, 02:19 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You do know masks don't prevent you from catching COVID-19, don't you? The masks only work if a sick person wears them when they go outside. IOW, it keeps the sick person from spreading the virus.

Here's an article from a website that is one you would like:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/do-fa...b6ce51a4ec0a09

From the article:

But the masks aren’t foolproof, and just because you’re wearing one does not mean you’re in the clear.
In the last week or so, I’’ve seen exactly one person wearing a mask each time I’ve been in a Walmart, Kroger, or HEB.

This morning I was in a Kroger, and I saw three people wearing masks.

I asked the cashier keeping an eye on/running the self serve checkout area if she had noticed an increase in the number of people wearing masks, and she said no.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:22 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I don't understand why Lefters aren't double-downing on their open boarder

It's times like these where we all most come together...literally...right?
Because closing the border for scientific reasons in the face of a pandemic is obviously not the same as closing the border because your aren't satisfied with your lot in life and you want to blame it on illegals because you damn sure aren't going to take the blame for it yourself.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:26 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
In the last week or so, I’’ve seen exactly one person wearing a mask each time I’ve been in a Walmart, Kroger, or HEB.

This morning I was in a Kroger, and I saw three people wearing masks.

I asked the cashier keeping an eye on/running the self serve checkout area if she had noticed an increase in the number of people wearing masks, and she said no.
We haven't been outside since Sunday. When we were out getting groceries, we didn't see anyone wearing a mask.

What I've read is that wearing disposable gloves is helpful. The staff at the front desk in our building has been wearing them because they still have to handle packages that come in. One staff member said to us she was glad that they have them now. She pointed out that she's noticed just how much cleaner her hands are due to using them.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:30 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Trump has become very good at addressing this virus. Liberals are tearing their hair out because of it. fun to watch...

Old 03-20-2020, 02:38 PM

12 posts, read 4,097 times
I don’t like Trump, but he is better than Biden.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:41 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I reject the premise of the Op's question. The Op's question implies that Trump, and debacle, are linked. They are not, and IMHO, and 55% of those asked in a recent survey, agree Trump's response to this biologic pandemic that broke out in China, has been good, and getting better, as it progresses.

If Biden were in charge of the same situation, the word "debacle" would not be strong enough to describe Biden's actions. Disaster, calamity, train wreck, catastrophe, deplorable would all be words we would be seeing tossed about. We'd be hearing the word Vice-President more than the word President, or Biden.

Trump's approval rating will eventually rise as a result of his actions. Trump clearly cares about America, Americans, and is fighting like he*& to defeat this thing.

I'll take Trump over Biden to share my foxhole any time. Trump is who I'd prefer to go to war with....guy's a street fighter.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:45 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I reject the premise of the Op's question. The Op's question implies that Trump, and debacle, are linked. They are not, and IMHO, and 55% of those asked in a recent survey, agree Trump's response to this biologic pandemic that broke out in China, has been good, and getting better, as it progresses.

If Biden were in charge of the same situation, the word "debacle" would not be strong enough to describe Biden's actions. Disaster, calamity, train wreck, catastrophe, deplorable would all be words we would be seeing tossed about. We'd be hearing the word Vice-President more than the word President, or Biden.

Trump's approval rating will eventually rise as a result of his actions. Trump clearly cares about America, Americans, and is fighting like he*& to defeat this thing.

I'll take Trump over Biden to share my foxhole any time. Trump is who I'd prefer to go to war with....guy's a street fighter.
We will see if that those polling numbers hold as the number of cases starts to spike, particularly in pro-Trump areas. He told everyone that we we have "fantastic control" over it 10 days ago. When people start losing loved ones to it, they might not be so supportive of his approach compared to today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies