Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 11:07 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Couldn't agree more. Remember when he met with Obama at the White House shortly after the election? LOL. He looked scared to death. He knew damn well he was in over his head.

And he's never had the capacity to keep his cool the way Obama almost always did.

Obama didn't give two ****s...

Old 03-20-2020, 11:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many didn't like Bush but he really stepped up after 911. He was such a calming influence which our country desperately needed.
Bush was awesome at talking. He was great. I was at the 2001 National Boy Scout Jamboree and he had a good inspiring speech, if even it was via satellite due to a severe storm the day of the stage show he was supposed to be at. I started liking Bush less and less as 2004 came and turned into 2005. That said, had I been born before November 2004, I would have voted him over Kerry. Compare that to Trump at the 2017 National Boy Scout Jamboree and it is night and day. It became a Trp rally with a lot if inappropriate for Boy Scouts as an organization comments.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:16 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Ridiculous. The question was simply, "what do you say to Americans who are scared." This was Trump's time to shine, to project that calm demeanor you talk about. Trump did exactly the opposite -- he became rattled, and unglued. Later on in the press conference, Pence was asked exactly the same question and Pence nailed it. In a calm voice he explained that were on it and was optimistic for the future. So if it was such a set-up and nasty question, then why was Pence able to supply a decent answer? The answer is because Trump is unglued, and unfit. He's in the way, and needs to go.

Trump has lied from the beginning about the virus, or just been plain stupid. On every news conference in Jan and Feb he claimed the virus was not problem and under control. Then he just recently reversed direction and admitted it was a pandemic, but claimed he knew it all along. He's mentally ill, this man, and so are his followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I disagree. There are a lot of worried and scared people out there. Not everyone is optimistic and a lot of disinformation is out there both good and bad.
It's ok for both of you to disagree with my opinion. On the other hand, I still hear my husband in the back of my head staying calm, saying we are going to be fine, and everything is under control. He's matter of fact and honestly, my husband was the same way. Part of that is what is helping me from freaking out.

Trump may be rough around the edges but I think he is doing pretty damn good with this. This is also with me being upset toward his administration for something completely off subject.
He has also done a heck of a job trying to keep the media on the subject that he had been talking about the entire news conference with the crappy media trying to bring it to something else.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 PM

32,070 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
It's ok for both of you to disagree with my opinion. On the other hand, I still hear my husband in the back of my head staying calm, saying we are going to be fine, and everything is under control. He's matter of fact and honestly, my husband was the same way. Part of that is what is helping me from freaking out.

Trump may be rough around the edges but I think he is doing pretty damn good with this. This is also with me being upset toward his administration for something completely off subject.
He has also done a heck of a job trying to keep the media on the subject that he had been talking about the entire news conference with the crappy media trying to bring it to something else.
Trump lies all the time and the media call him out on it. We need the truth, not lies Trump tells.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Trump lies all the time and the media call him out on it. We need the truth, not lies Trump tells.
Ok. lol!

So Trump saying America needs to rely on itself is a lie?
This is a prime example of why America needs to be self sufficient.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:25 PM

32,070 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Ok. lol!

So Trump saying America needs to rely on itself is a lie?
This is a prime example of why America needs to be self sufficient.
Well that wasn't the question asked.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Well that wasn't the question asked.
You said that Trump lies all the time...so? You brought it up, I asked a question.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:32 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drandolph74 View Post
Truth hurts I guess.....
Drop the game.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:39 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
LOL Ooook! LOL! You can't handle the truth.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
my wife can't stand Trump but thinks he's doing a good job with CV. He'll ride that into a second term. Kinda puts that failed impeachment into perspective.
She surely loves Trump for saying CORVID-19 was under tremendous control and would probably be gone in April when the weather warms up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies