Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 11:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

It's disgusting a reporter would ask the President what he wants to say to Americans who are nervous about the virus.

Disgusting...can you imagine.

Can you imagine giving the President time to some words of comfort. I can't imagine the President having to figure out wht he wants to say to Americans at this difficult time -- especially the ones who are scared or nervous about their health, their jobs. How ridiculous for a President to be expected to say something about this.

No the President is way too busy having feelings about medicine he knows nothing about and contradicting the health experts.

It's ridiculous to expct him to have something to offer up to the American people.

People are expecting too much of him -- they have to stop now.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:44 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
LOL Ooook! LOL! You can't handle the truth.
We don't have any truth from Trump. Sorry you are so blind to it. But that's just TDS for you.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
He's an absolute BEAST!

He is the president I've been waiting for practically all my life...certainly since Reagan!

I love that he has no qualms about shutting people down who lie, twist and sensationalize.
Then, no doubt, you love Trump for saying CORVID-19 was under tremendous control and would likely be gone in April when the weather warms up.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Love it when he calls this out

Reporter: "Why are you giving people a false sense of hope?"

What kind of question is that to ask the POTUS??

That guy should've have been booted out the room and fired.

I love how he answered that.
Then don't you strongly and proudly stand with Trump for saying CORVID-19 was under tremendous control and would likely be gone in April when the weather warms up?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:52 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's disgusting a reporter would ask the President what he wants to say to Americans who are nervous about the virus.

Disgusting...can you imagine.

Can you imagine giving the President time to some words of comfort. I can't imagine the President having to figure out wht he wants to say to Americans at this difficult time -- especially the ones who are scared or nervous about their health, their jobs. How ridiculous for a President to be expected to say something about this.

No the President is way too busy having feelings about medicine he knows nothing about and contradicting the health experts.

It's ridiculous to expct him to have something to offer up to the American people.

People are expecting too much of him -- they have to stop now.
This - Trump seemed insulted by the idea people are scared. Like it was a personal attack.

It has seemed that way for some time - that he can't separate the situation from his ego. This incident puts that in bold relief. It really is not all about him. Is he denying some people are scared? A lot are.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Trump is a terrible human being. He is incapable of empathy. He has no words of comfort because he doesn't care in the least about others. So all he can do is attack the press. What a complete POS.
Trump's lack of empathy simply reflects the lack of it in the people who absolutely adore and look up to him. They easily forgive him for his lack of good judgement in facing the CORVID-19 crisis early on. Fortunately, Trump has finally started treating the crisis seriously. A lot more had to be done than just barring travel from China on Jan. 31.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This - Trump seemed insulted by the idea people are scared. Like it was a personal attack.

It has seemed that way for some time - that he can't separate the situation from his ego. This incident puts that in bold relief. It really is not all about him. Is he denying some people are scared? A lot are.
He looked like a crazy man. Pomepo's performance at the end was disgusting.

The media has been keeping us informed and was letting us know how serious this was long before the President would acknowledge it.

If we had listened to them, maybe we would have been better prepared.

Ironically -- Burr says the only thing that motivated him to dump his stocks, the public reports...who reports out in the public -- the media.

This is going to get worse.. It will start to hit more people closer to home (so to speak) and as this happens this kind of display and the month of dismissing this very serious epidemic that turned pandemic will be what people remember. Not that on January 31 restricted non-Americans from entering from CHINA.

Old 03-21-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
He's not a politician, and he's not smooth, like Obama was...at all. Truth be told, there are millions of people who can't stand him...BUT like/love what he has done, and is doing as president,, for Americans! And they will be voting for him, even though they don't like him! Being president of the greatest, most powerful on the planet, country shouldn't be a popularity contest! MAGA Trump 2020
Do you dream of Trump saying on April 1, "Ladies and gentlemen the warm sun of April has finally risen upon our enemy this virus, and we have tremendously defeated it"? APRIL FOOL!

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 03-21-2020 at 12:11 AM..

Old 03-21-2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Oh, it will be for sure!

No President since Roosevelt has had to deal with a problem this epic. I think he's handling the situation better than of the clown show would have.

I truly feel sorry for the TDS crowd. They have bashed everything for 3 years and now they're piling on this.

You simply can't sure stupid.
How does getting back at the reporter concentrate on defeating the virus?

Old 03-21-2020, 12:20 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We don't have any truth from Trump. Sorry you are so blind to it. But that's just TDS for you.
Once again, you said Trump lies all the time and yet when I asked you how is Trump saying America needs to be self sufficient is a lie. Please tell me. From what I'm seeing it's 100% truth. You brought this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies