Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 12:25 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Oh, that's right. The "real" Americans love Trump. The rest of us are just worthless NPCs and our opinions don't count.
That attitude is exactly what people who didn't agree with Obama were faced with - on top of being called racist because we dared to disagree with the first black POTUS. What did you expect to happen when the right took the White House again? Republicans and Democrats holding hands and skipping through the tulips? At least most of the criticism against Obama was based on policy. The criticism of Trump is based on people's feelings getting hurt and the leftover tantrum from a bunch of entitled twits who couldn't believe that the only person less electable than Trump couldn't beat him.

Old 03-21-2020, 12:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
It's ok for both of you to disagree with my opinion. On the other hand, I still hear my husband in the back of my head staying calm, saying we are going to be fine, and everything is under control. He's matter of fact and honestly, my husband was the same way. Part of that is what is helping me from freaking out.

Trump may be rough around the edges but I think he is doing pretty damn good with this. This is also with me being upset toward his administration for something completely off subject.
He has also done a heck of a job trying to keep the media on the subject that he had been talking about the entire news conference with the crappy media trying to bring it to something else.
A reporter asks what the President wants to say to Americans who are scared and the President personally attacks the guy --- and you blame the media for bringing it to something else.

Trump is rough around the edges and thinks he knows more that the medical experts because he has a feeling about something.

The rough edges would be humorous and tolerable if the latter part of that statement was not so scary and pathetic.

Trump has no clue what he doesn't know and clearly some of his supporters don't either.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:04 AM

989 posts, read 456,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Bush was awesome at talking. He was great. I was at the 2001 National Boy Scout Jamboree and he had a good inspiring speech, if even it was via satellite due to a severe storm the day of the stage show he was supposed to be at. I started liking Bush less and less as 2004 came and turned into 2005. That said, had I been born before November 2004, I would have voted him over Kerry. Compare that to Trump at the 2017 National Boy Scout Jamboree and it is night and day. It became a Trp rally with a lot if inappropriate for Boy Scouts as an organization comments.
There are times in a crisis where all a President needs to be is an inspiring speaker and have a unifying voice, while letting his "experts" handle the crisis. The only person comforting me right now, if you can call it comfort, is Fauci. Trump seems incapable of doing anything.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:10 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I know. A real president might have said something like "I would tell the American public that we're doing everything we possibly can to ensure their health and safety", but not this guy.
Yeah I don't see how berating a reports for doing his job is a feather in his cap but that's how the supporters see it. That question about assuring a public who is very nervous was legit, and asked again a few questions later by another reporter. While I agree Trump is doing a good job now that he finally has recognized the risk he still acts like a child at a time when we need a leader and that's never a good look.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:14 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Peter Alexander asked a perfectly reasonable question. To say that Trump became unreasonable and almost crazy in response to it is an understatement.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:22 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You have to live in some twisted upside down world to see this as an appropriate response.

And these Trump supporters do indeed live in an upside-down world. And they will continue to dwell there, long after Trump is nothing more than a foul memory. They have voluntarily become PNCs (personas non-computable). We can only hope that their role in our nation's future keeps on sliding downward.

In regards to Trump's frenzied response to this reporter, it looks to me, that he's right on the edge of completely losing it before much longer.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:59 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Love Trump, putting the leftist media in their place......as always.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:09 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Love Trump, putting the leftist media in their place......as always.
He didn’t put anyone in their place he just refused to answer a question like always by going on the attack.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:16 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm glad neither Trump nor the media are breaking character.

It's all entertainment to me.

"Some people are easily amused" as they say.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:17 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump has no words to comfort a scared nation because he is incapable of empathy. He has no idea what it means, so how can we expect him to display it? It doesn't fit into his Me! Me! Me! state of mind. Being forced to think about others is "nasty."
Yo need to change channels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies