Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 09:52 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cuomo should be president. At least he's a leader. Trump just fumbles.
I have to say. For his entire political career, Cuomo has been looking for his moment. Every time there has been some type of crisis or national emergency he has always tried to be the guy. His problem is that he always tried too hard and the moment wouldn't come. Often he looked indifferent. In this situation, he has found his moment. He has risen to the occasion, he has been able to personalize this in such a way that comes off as real, caring and genuine. Not robotic and forced as previous situations have shown. One huge criticism of Cuomo was that he was a very nasty, vindictive guy to deal with. This ordeal may wind up softening him to a more reasonable disposition.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:54 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I think you live in a different universe, because I see a President who can’t take the heat.
YOu are correct, YOU live in a different universe. YOu are so lucky to have Trump as your leader
Trump is doing an excellent job with the crisis, as he has done with everything for three years now.
TRUMP 2020 Four more years of MAGA...

Old 03-20-2020, 10:01 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
YOu are correct, YOU live in a different universe. YOu are so lucky to have Trump as your leader
Trump is doing an excellent job with the crisis, as he has done with everything for three years now.
TRUMP 2020 Four more years of MAGA...
The best job anyone has ever done! Everyone is telling him what a tremendous job he’s doing. Just fantastical. No one has ever seen anything like it.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:14 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It was far from a trap question. The only reason it is a trap is because how Trump acts and reacts to "hard questions." A REAL President would respond the way Pence did. Lord knows, I have little love for Pence, but he handled this like a boss. Trump handled it like a kid I work with when told they can't have their way. And this is not the first time he's done that.
The reporter attempted to show that Trump was not showing enough "concern" about people's fears for him to be a good president.

"He didn't show enough CARE for others."

Old 03-20-2020, 10:16 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Every Trump supporter I know thinks he has proven to be a pathetic coward in this situation. They think the narcissism, lying and never accepting responsibility is weak.

But, I guess some people are into that. Is America great yet?
Every question you ask a Trump supporter, you already know the answer in advance.
Every question you ask a Bernie supporter, you already know the answer in advance.
Every question you ask a Warren supporter, you already know the answer in advance.
Every question you ask a Biden supporter, you already know the answer in advance.

All voting is almost 100% emotion, with the left side of the brain shut down!

So let's talk about the weather!

Old 03-20-2020, 10:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
I have to say. For his entire political career, Cuomo has been looking for his moment. Every time there has been some type of crisis or national emergency he has always tried to be the guy. His problem is that he always tried too hard and the moment wouldn't come. Often he looked indifferent. In this situation, he has found his moment. He has risen to the occasion, he has been able to personalize this in such a way that comes off as real, caring and genuine. Not robotic and forced as previous situations have shown. One huge criticism of Cuomo was that he was a very nasty, vindictive guy to deal with. This ordeal may wind up softening him to a more reasonable disposition.
To be fair, many Republicans like Donald J. Trump for being that nasty vindictive hard to deal with guy. Hell, just look through this thread. That said, Cuomo has done amazing. He has stand firm and standing up for New York State, even when certain mayors have no backbone. Cuomo closed the schools in NYC, not DiBlasio. Cuomo quarantined New Rochelle which at the time was Corona Captial on the east coast.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Every question you ask a Trump supporter, you already know the answer in advance.
Every question you ask a Bernie supporter, you already know the answer in advance.
Every question you ask a Warren supporter, you already know the answer in advance.
Every question you ask a Biden supporter, you already know the answer in advance.

All voting is almost 100% emotion, with the left side of the brain shut down!

So let's talk about the weather!
Generally, yes. I am a Bernie supporter but I'll say that Pence has done a good job in this crisis. I don't like Pence and think he is a crook (not as crooked as his running mate) and do not like his faith first policies, but he is more presidential than Trump, especially in time of crisis. That said, unless Pence is the Republican nominee for President on the ballot, I think I have to hold my nose 18th Biden. I have no love lost for Biden and think he is the type of politician that gave us Trump in the first place, but after this bungling by Trump and how he continues to attack the free press, the stakes are too high to not vote against Trump. Mind you I won't vote FOR Biden, much like I didn't vote FOR Hillary, it is simply a protest vote to the RNC.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:55 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Watching news tonight, some are saying that rather than the reporter trying to "get" him, he threw him a softball question that gave Trump the spotlight to say something truly comforting to the American people. I guess maybe the "gotcha" was that the reporter knew that Trump could not possibly deliver.

As much as I disliked Bush at the end of his tenure, he gave some fairly wonderful, unifying answers and speeches after 9/11. You will never, ever see it out of this paper tiger.

I saw it. I think Trump is becoming unhinged. I agree completely with the "softball" question. Trump's reaction demonstrates his adversarial and hostile character. This is a guy that doesn't want to bring out the best in people so much as stir the pot and lay blame. And that's horrible in a real crisis.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I saw it. I think Trump is becoming unhinged. I agree completely with the "softball" question. Trump's reaction demonstrates his adversarial and hostile character. This is a guy that doesn't want to bring out the best in people so much as stir the pot and lay blame. And that's horrible in a real crisis.
Sadly the Trump supporters and Republicans especially on here love that because he is socking the libs or socking the media. I wish I could make it up, but we both know I'm not.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:04 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Watching news tonight, some are saying that rather than the reporter trying to "get" him, he threw him a softball question that gave Trump the spotlight to say something truly comforting to the American people. I guess maybe the "gotcha" was that the reporter knew that Trump could not possibly deliver.

As much as I disliked Bush at the end of his tenure, he gave some fairly wonderful, unifying answers and speeches after 9/11. You will never, ever see it out of this paper tiger.
Many didn't like Bush but he really stepped up after 911. He was such a calming influence which our country desperately needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies