Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 02:03 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times

Advertisements

Nursing homes seem to be regular death traps, one infected nurse is enough to kill dozens of old people.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
My point is that it is stupid to go back like I have said in many posts. I hear the NHL might continue the season in July, as much as I love hockey, I don't think I'll watch it in person.
We agree. What the POTUS said was ignorant. Telling tens of millions of our most vulnerable Americans to potentially expose themselves is irresponsible.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I find it rather funny and sad that the US has among the highest cost of healthcare in the world, yet this so far is all they can muster as a response to a pandemic, and that many hospitals before this were already operating at near capacity.
The longest-lasting casualty of Coronavirus may be our already low level of trust in Congress to do anything that actually benefits Americans, especially in a time of need.....

Old 03-25-2020, 02:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do you have the link where he told anyone this, much less tens of millions?
If you watched his "town hall" then you already have it. I don't spread propaganda and/or call for Eugenics and killing off a percentage of the population, so will not give links.

It's as if you don't even believe HIM when he says he thought it up and said it:

"Asked who suggested the Easter date, Trump said it was him.
"I thought it was a beautiful time. A beautiful timeline," he said.
Pressed whether it was based on data, he said: "It was based on a certain level of weeks from the time we started and it happened to arrive, we were thinking of terms of sooner. I'd love to see it come sooner.""

Thanks for your illustration of the point. The old lady who hears this from his mouth believes him. She doesn't later read some article on Fake News from doctors saying it can't be done.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:17 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
People could spend the day browsing and shopping, Costco, Target, Walmart, Whole Foods, local grocers, liqueur stores, etc.

People can go for a walk, a run, a bike ride.

People can use drive-thrus or curbside puck-up of restaurant meals.

Banks, post offices UPS are open for business.

Public transportation is operating
Can't go to the library.

Public transportation is shut down here. A lot of poor without cars relied on the bus to get to the store.

Banks shut down their lobbies. Some transactions could only be done inside. For example, the bank refuses to issue rolls of coins via the outside machine and of course anyone wanting to talk to a manager or some other activities that need to be done inside cannot do it. I ended up using the quarter machine at the Walmart game room to get laundry money. Then Kroger allowed me to get some rolls of quarters at their customer service later on (they have since not allowed customers to do that anymore due to the virus, so I am lucky that I went before they shut that down).

I don't know how people who relied on the bus will be able to get groceries now. Not everyone has someone to help them out. The bus costed $1 for an all day pass. It costs $14 round trip for a taxi, and that's if they're even running. I haven't seen one being driven around in a while. A lot of people couldn't afford to drop $14 on a taxi just to find out that most of what they needed was sold out already. People have offered on the market place on facebook to take people to the store for gas money since the bus shut down, but the moderators deleted that. They called it trying to make a profit off the situation. A lot of people have been concerned about some people not being able to get groceries since the bus shut down, but no one is allowed to do anything about it.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:28 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If you watched his "town hall" then you already have it. I don't spread propaganda and/or call for Eugenics and killing off a percentage of the population, so will not give links.

It's as if you don't even believe HIM when he says he thought it up and said it:

"Asked who suggested the Easter date, Trump said it was him.
"I thought it was a beautiful time. A beautiful timeline," he said.
Pressed whether it was based on data, he said: "It was based on a certain level of weeks from the time we started and it happened to arrive, we were thinking of terms of sooner. I'd love to see it come sooner.""

Thanks for your illustration of the point. The old lady who hears this from his mouth believes him. She doesn't later read some article on Fake News from doctors saying it can't be done.
wait. so now you're conflating the instance where trump never told "tens of millions of our most vulnerable Americans to potentially expose themselves" [still waiting for a link - it was not in his town hall address] with your crazy fantasy about the federalist society supposedly advocating eugenics and geronticide?

Old 03-25-2020, 02:39 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Even during a national crisis, Donald Trump is still looking to see what other people can do for him.

It's been very comforting to see some of the Trump supporters around here disagree with some of what Trump has said and done during the is pandemic.

I hope they disagree with him on this.

https://twitter.com/nancyleong/statu...23768939978754

Old 03-25-2020, 02:54 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Moron. He really needs somebody to shut him down.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:58 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Absurd, TV commercials are as if there were no crisis. Commercials for cars, watches, perfumes, and such stuff. As if people had money for such things now...

I hope this crisis will be over soon, whenever I hear the terms coronavirus and covid-19 I feel like throwing up.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:00 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
To put this in perspective, a week ago, last Wednesday, we had 142 deaths.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1242878547473117186
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies