Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 06:11 PM

17,375 posts, read 14,626,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
An Arizona man has died and his wife is in critical condition after the couple took a medicine touted by President Donald Trump as treatment for COVID-19.
https://www.wjtv.com/health/coronavi...reat-covid-19/

You should really learn how to google.
They took a fish tank cleaner.

Some people are just super stupid.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:12 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
I don’t see why this is a problem.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:13 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
New York may or may not have the most cases. They are just the State doing the most testing by a wide margin. Frankly, given that they have been on top of testing and measures to promote social distancing, it wouldn’t surprise me if a State like Florida, which is doing virtually nothing to stem the tide, ended up with more cases and most deaths at the end of the day.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:14 PM

57,252 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
They also ordered us to stay off beaches how is that working out

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0PNc...go_-_Del_Cerro
Local government officials took it upon themselves to close the beaches just last week, no guidance from the governor. He has been missing in action and hasn't done much in the way of testing and this is his solution, ban people from other states.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:15 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No link ?
I wouldn't lie to you. I saw it on the evening news. The source I read it in is paywalled.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
They took a fish tank cleaner.

Some people are just super stupid.
They wanted a game changer. The population is always on a Bell Curve. That's science too. This is why we don't sell Fentanyl OTC.

People need to be protected from themselves especially when Charlatans are pushing colloidal silver and fish tank cleaner.

Quinine itself was largely banned because of the damage it can do. You can only get very weak doses of it.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:20 PM

17,375 posts, read 14,626,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They wanted a game changer. The population is always on a Bell Curve. That's science too. This is why we don't sell Fentanyl OTC.

People need to be protected from themselves especially when Charlatans are pushing colloidal silver and fish tank cleaner.

Quinine itself was largely banned because of the damage it can do. You can only get very weak doses of it.

And they succeeded.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:20 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Soviet style travel restrictions, here we come.
Yet you have democrat governors in some states forcing people to stay in their homes or prosecuting them

Old 03-23-2020, 06:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Oh my, they should really not get in contact with anyone.

By the way, when you do the shopping for them, it might be safer to put the stuff you buy under quarantine for 3 days so that any viruses on packaging dies off before your parents touch the stuff.

For instance, I have reserved the upper level of my fridge for newly bought groceries, I put the stuff in there after shopping, wash my hands and leave it there for days. Meanwhile I eat up the stuff on the lower level first.
They aren't really going out besides doctors. They aren't really touching me either. I'm going out rarely myself except if work requires me to or I need to find something at the store.

I think that "Osaka Flu" (A Simpsons reference that allegedly "predicted" this outbreak) packaging is a bit blown up. There is a lot of things that are just not feasible that are suggestions. Leaving packages for days, not opening groceries, reheating fast food, etc. It's not that I think it is blown out of proportion, but it is a bit too far.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK what do I do? I live with my 50+ parents, both have weakened immune systems (my father has arthritis and Valley Fever and my mother had a bout of cancer last year) and both are diabetic. On what I make, I cannot afford to move out, plus I do help out around the house with a number of things. In fact I told them unless they have a doctor's appointment, let me take care of any shopping during this. I am luckily out of work except if called in during this crisis, but let's be honest, it isn't at all feasible to do what you want. I don't see any way to get them food, like you want. The government would not do that and you know in your heart that they wouldn't.
Meals on Wheels will deliver them..free or almost free. That's one meal a day, but it helps.

If you were to decide to lock down you could buy most supplies for 30 days in one or two runs...done safely. You can also get a lot of stuff delivered.

At times like this a $40 "instant pot" (light pressure cooker) is great because it can make beans and rice and stuff like that with no hassle at all. Pasta is also very easy.

We are 3 weeks in ourselves....although only two of us.

Minute oats are great - quick in the microwave oven, add raisins. I have it at least 3X a week for breakfast....whether or not I am locked down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies