Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 07:44 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
When I saw pictures of spring break in Florida and that the beaches had not been shut down I cringed.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...t-positive-for

Florida university announces five spring breakers tested positive for coronavirus

Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
“What message do you have for the American Public?”

“Don’t listen to anything the president says.”
He pretty much outright killed that couple...and who know how many more? As I said, even a double dose of the real stuff can kill...and there is a run on it.

"Gov. Cuomo: "No pharmacist shall dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine except when written as prescribed for an FDA-approved indication; or as part of a state approved clinical trial.""

They have to just issue that to save the public from themselves! Also to save the patients that use it on-label.

Trump did that. By his lonesome. Another great accomplishment.

Can't he stop? Really?

Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...t-positive-for

Florida university announces five spring breakers tested positive for coronavirus
Five more people who can go to work in two weeks.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:47 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He pretty much outright killed that couple...and who know how many more? As I said, even a double dose of the real stuff can kill...and there is a run on it.

"Gov. Cuomo: "No pharmacist shall dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine except when written as prescribed for an FDA-approved indication; or as part of a state approved clinical trial.""

They have to just issue that to save the public from themselves! Also to save the patients that use it on-label.

Can't he stop? Really?
Trump will have a lot of deaths on his hands by the time this shakes out, but I’m not sure these two can be pinned on him.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:

Can't he stop? Really?
No he didn't kill that couple. I can't put that on him.

Did they ask anybody if it was the same or did they just decide.

No --he's responsible for lots of things -- bidding wars with states, constantly changing messages that means nothing is clear, concise, specific........

But this was on them. He didn't tell anybody to take that stuff.

I don't care for him but come on.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:50 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:

Can't he stop? Really?
Well, Trump was right. They won't be getting The Chinese Virus.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Does DeSantis WANT Florida to be the next NY ?
The older age demographic of FL ....I don't even want to imagine it.
He doesn't care...and, after looking at and listening to him, I am convinced he lacks intelligence, common sense and a soul. I am not kidding. An empty suit.

Just the things he actually said...TODAY...prove it.......

First:
We are not going to shut it down in Florida because it's not in every corner of the state.
(it's not in the everglades or rampant in the tree farms)

190 Flight a day are coming in with thousands from NY and every plane likely has infected people
(he said this....and this was before he came up with the brilliant idea of asking people coming to stay indoors).

And then, the total whopper
We ask these thousands who are coming here for period of from 3 days to a few weeks (easter break) to isolate for 14 days.

This is beyond comedic. Makes no sense.

But the truth is he is running an experiment here. He is going to let it rip. That is that.

Some counties are starting to shut down but that will do little good because of interstates and airports.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:51 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Domestic flight shutdown coming.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-dom...013673?mod=mhp

Old 03-23-2020, 07:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Doesn't this seem to contradict what Trump implied today?

Old 03-23-2020, 08:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:

Can't he stop? Really?
my God, just settle down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies