Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 05:56 PM

43,134 posts, read 18,298,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Local news is reporting that a man is dead and his wife in critical condition after ingesting chloroquinoline phosphate in an effort to protect themselves from Covid-19. There were/are in their 60s. Apparently this is a chemical found in some consumer products.
No link ?

Old 03-23-2020, 05:57 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
They also ordered us to stay off beaches how is that working out

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0PNc...go_-_Del_Cerro
Lol..I was just thinking that. He has his beaches to worry about.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No link ?
It's factual.

Also, now real patients who need those drugs are going to have a hard time getting them....because doctors are hoarding them for families and friends.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...rus-treatment/

It will be a "game changer" all right - for those who have been taking it for years and need it.

This is why these daily Pressers are outright dangerous. Production of these things and tests using them are going on and have been going on for a while. But when Trump tells people it's a game changer now.....well, that causes a run on the bank and people will die. In fact, that couple already has.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And where do you think they got the idea that could cure them?

There are actually threads here on CD saying to "unleash it" or the like. Yet even twice the daily dose can kill.

There is good reason we have the FDA and Science. There were mass deaths in the times before when info got out in the wrong fashion.
From the internet of course.
Mama says you can't fix or stop stupid.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
In a macabre way the virus might shift the population makeup towards a pyramid again as mostly older people die and the quarantine might lead to a baby boom as couples spend 24/7 with each other

Old 03-23-2020, 06:02 PM

606 posts, read 355,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
There is no difficult call. This is a classic situation. For example, when I was in contracting many of my peers would get freaked out by big jobs. They couldn't get their heads around it.

I would say "a big job is just a bunch of small jobs strung together"....which I found to be true.

We only have to make ONE decision - the 30 day decision. Other decisions can only be taken once we do the first one. It's fruitless to use "what if" for later......

What is also missing is a creed. It seems to me that the Trump admin and many others do not have the "ONLY issue now is to save our population from death and suffering". Rather there is a mixed message -in addition to at least the extra month delay.

Florida is now officially freaking out - here is an example:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DeSa...rc=trend_click

Put another way, one of the main reasons it is not shutting down is the 190 incoming flights from NEW YORK.

"#DeSantisBetrayedFlorida Why are you not blocking the "190 flights a day" or roughly 5000+ people from New York from coming here? Is Law enforcement going to be assigned to follow up on them all? Will it only matter when it hits you or your family?"

Think about it. Trump talks about limited shutting down from China was an amazing thing....but NOW, after all is known, thousands coming from the most infected areas to one state.....

Is Trump going to tell DeSantis what to do? It could happen.....but, then again, it seems a bit unlikely that it will be forced.
I tend to agree with a lot of this. There is too much mixed messaging from the White House. It’s confusing and doesn’t help us all as a country get on the same foot. If we could all get in the same page and shut down completely for a month to two months, we can make this go away much faster. We would be able to see who actually has it, isolate those people, and trace contacts much more easily.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So simple. Stay away from people over 50. People over 50 need to quarantine, isolate. It is up to them if they want to live badly enough to take measures to do that and up to their children. We will never control this virus until we have herd immunity or a vaccine. It's easy to get herd immunity as it spreads like wild fire. Let the U50 crowd go about their business. Otherwise death and disease will drag on for years.
OK what do I do? I live with my 50+ parents, both have weakened immune systems (my father has arthritis and Valley Fever and my mother had a bout of cancer last year) and both are diabetic. On what I make, I cannot afford to move out, plus I do help out around the house with a number of things. In fact I told them unless they have a doctor's appointment, let me take care of any shopping during this. I am luckily out of work except if called in during this crisis, but let's be honest, it isn't at all feasible to do what you want. I don't see any way to get them food, like you want. The government would not do that and you know in your heart that they wouldn't.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:04 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why does it make no sense? It's not like the guy at the helm provided test kits for accurate monitoring. What else would you have the governor do?
If NY was the only state with the virus that might make sense but worrying about this after they left the beaches open for 2 weeks with thousands of students on spring break makes no sense. They also have their own problems in Florida but not on a level of NY just yet. This is a gross overreaction in an attempt to cover up his total inaction.

The Villages which is a retirement community of around 50,000 seniors had no restrictions until last week, where was the governor.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:06 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK what do I do? I live with my 50+ parents, both have weakened immune systems (my father has arthritis and Valley Fever and my mother had a bout of cancer last year) and both are diabetic. On what I make, I cannot afford to move out, plus I do help out around the house with a number of things. In fact I told them unless they have a doctor's appointment, let me take care of any shopping during this. I am luckily out of work except if called in during this crisis, but let's be honest, it isn't at all feasible to do what you want. I don't see any way to get them food, like you want. The government would not do that and you know in your heart that they wouldn't.
Oh my, they should really not get in contact with anyone.

By the way, when you do the shopping for them, it might be safer to put the stuff you buy under quarantine for 3 days so that any viruses on packaging dies off before your parents touch the stuff.

For instance, I have reserved the upper level of my fridge for newly bought groceries, I put the stuff in there after shopping, wash my hands and leave it there for days. Meanwhile I eat up the stuff on the lower level first.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:09 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
An Arizona man has died and his wife is in critical condition after the couple took a medicine touted by President Donald Trump as treatment for COVID-19.
https://www.wjtv.com/health/coronavi...reat-covid-19/

You should really learn how to google.
Darwin rules. People drink bleach also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies