Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 06:24 PM

30,443 posts, read 21,280,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Yet you have democrat governors in some states forcing people to stay in their homes or prosecuting them
How do they get food?

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just stay out of my state and go back to NY.
I thought these flights were stopped. WTH! Transplants bringing the bug to Fl !

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
https://twitter.com/DrLeanaWen/statu...28808264155138

Old 03-23-2020, 06:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
During his press conference Trump identifies states that aren't having the same occurrence rate of the virus and attributes it to how they are managing it. You would think a man whose industry relies heavily on demographics and recognizing the differences in communities -- especially population density -- would understand why less populated states with less traffic in and out -- not just from international locations....would have a lower risk and rate of occurrence and theefore it would be easier to 'manage'.

You would think he would know....you would think right?

It is disturbing.....

So either he's deflecting, trying to make up something for some reason or he is truly that ignorant, naive, clueless.......

To me this is more an indicator of how he might be aging and losing his capacity to understand the complexities of issues.

Demographics is key in real estate land development. It explains everything.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Meals on Wheels will deliver them..free or almost free. That's one meal a day, but it helps.

If you were to decide to lock down you could buy most supplies for 30 days in one or two runs...done safely. You can also get a lot of stuff delivered.

At times like this a $40 "instant pot" (light pressure cooker) is great because it can make beans and rice and stuff like that with no hassle at all. Pasta is also very easy.

We are 3 weeks in ourselves....although only two of us.

Minute oats are great - quick in the microwave oven, add raisins. I have it at least 3X a week for breakfast....whether or not I am locked down.
Not where I live. I live too far out for deliveries and meals on wheels. I couldn't even get a ride share out here when the auto mechanic I used call for one (it's too far and hurts their shift earnings...) Amazon might be the only. My parents have their food and now paper towels that they'll be safe. The issue more or less is the isolation of the 50+ is just plain not feasible.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:28 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
How do they get food?
I've asked that question too. No one has an answer to that. They want everything closed, including grocery and gas stations, but then no answer as to how people are supposed to have food to eat and how people such as doctors and nurses are supposed to get gas to get to work. I guess those without food will be expected to starve.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Yet you have democrat governors in some states forcing people to stay in their homes or prosecuting them
Mike DeWine, Ohio GOP governor, put a stay at home order on the books starting at midnight tonight.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:34 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Mike DeWine, Ohio GOP governor, put a stay at home order on the books starting at midnight tonight.
DeWine, even moreso than Cuomo, has been on top of this and is going to end up saving a lot of lives.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:34 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK what do I do? I live with my 50+ parents, both have weakened immune systems (my father has arthritis and Valley Fever and my mother had a bout of cancer last year) and both are diabetic. On what I make, I cannot afford to move out, plus I do help out around the house with a number of things. In fact I told them unless they have a doctor's appointment, let me take care of any shopping during this. I am luckily out of work except if called in during this crisis, but let's be honest, it isn't at all feasible to do what you want. I don't see any way to get them food, like you want. The government would not do that and you know in your heart that they wouldn't.
Ponderosa means to not visit with older people...if you already live with them fine. It also means you must be extra careful not to bring the virus back home. Look for stores that sell products outside or non airconditioned spaces. Wash hands and everything you bring back from store. Especially wash hands after touching money. Wear a mask inside the store.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
This is pretty amazing - the company makes internet connected thermometers and follows real-time fevers:
https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/23/ki...vid-19-spread/

They and others have been trying to tell our Gov. that this data means things are about to erupt (no, all fevers are not the virus, but the virus almost always has a fever associated beforehand)....

They are seeing abnormal spikes in Florida.

"But fever is a key and early symptom of COVID-19 in those who are symptomatic, and Kinsa’s existing work on predicting the prevalence of fevers related to cold and flu strongly indicate that what we’re looking at is in fact, at least to a significant degree, COVID-19 spread."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies