Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 10:45 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
A few months ago I was not all that impressed with the guy, but with this pandemic, he is showing true leadership. I feel reassured when I see him on TV. He is in charge and is doing a great job as a leader.

Hats off to him.
As a New Yorker I agree. He has been front and center. His father would be proud.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:52 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Cuomo is doing an excellent job. As a Californian, I feel the same way about Gavin Newsom. He is not only on top of the situation today, he thinks ahead and anticipates what will be needed in the future.
I agree about both of them, but especially Gavin Newsom. Newsom is a pro-active leader and he is able to work with Trump to enable better outcomes for Californians and all Americans.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:03 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Rand Paul used the swimming pool and gym even though he was waiting for his Covid 19 test?

A test that came back positive.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:16 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
New cases in Italy are going DOWN. This follows the pattern and approximate timeline we saw in China and SK. Now-just why are we not hearing that on the MSM???

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/

I'm sticking with my guess from the poll last week that we will peak in the US by the end of this month and new cases start trending downward.
Both China and Italy took drastic measures to get there. We're not doing that here, and I doubt we will.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:17 PM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Every American that has died of this virus thus far is due to Trump's lack of action and and failure of leadership. He is completely and utterly out of his league. He looks like a fool up on the podium each day, contradicting Pence and the medical professionals that speak directly after he does and are forced to clean up his bumbling, jumbled, contradicting statements. He should just stay behind the scenes, because he brings no confidence that he grasps the situation. This is the one time we needed Trump to actually step up and lead, take responsibility, and have a plan and mobilize us all to act. He has been a failure in all respects.
I hope the DNC is paying you well to post that propaganda. Fact is the Democrats are now to blame for every death, lost job and drop in the DJIA.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:27 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I hope the DNC is paying you well to post that propaganda. Fact is the Democrats are now to blame for every death, lost job and drop in the DJIA.
I can always count on CD for my daily dose of comedy. Y’all are hilarious.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,389,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Is this a troll post? Do you watch the press releases each day? Trump contradicts himself every single day. One day he announces the Defense Production Act, the next he says he won't invoke it unless needed, the next day after much criticism he changes course and says he is invoking it, and today he changes course yet again and says the states need to handle distribution. Who is paying you to distort reality?

Old 03-23-2020, 11:37 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,260,346 times
17 days on surfaces? Oi.
CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left

Old 03-23-2020, 11:39 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As a New Yorker I agree. He has been front and center. His father would be proud.
I do not even like him and his politics, but I think he is doing great, showing some real leadership.

He should be the Democratic nominee, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Rand Paul used the swimming pool and gym even though he was waiting for his Covid 19 test?

A test that came back positive.
Pretty much says everything about this "libertarian".

Old 03-24-2020, 12:33 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Thanks for post. It is information like this I share back on FB to try and help convince my friends to stay home.

Yesterday there were about 500 cases in Detroit area and that means at least 5000 more people are walking around with the virus and infecting others.

Guess who's 86 yo mother was shopping at the big grocery store because she just wanted to get out of the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies