Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 05:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I did not introduce Trump into the discussion, as I clearly stated.
MAGA was Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan, lifted from Bill Clinton who repeatedly used the phrase, during his 1992 campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 05:46 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Only one right wing poster made this thread about Trump, and it wasn't me. Someone said "Thank you president Trump", then called him a great man, and this was enough to make lefties go berserk and make this whole thread about Trump. LOL! You folks and your TDS are just too much!

This is not a Trump thread. You are obviously lost.
You made it a Trump thread that's why you posted a space launch in the political forum rather than current events.

Why is this in the politics forum if its not about Trump.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:53 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The live coverage was totally awesome. All the angles and seeing it from the astronaut's view. Simply amazing, got to me.
I was most shocked at how sleek and modern everything was and it made me believe for a second that maybe we can do this.

But I am going to stop watching now. I think honestly, once the eyes of the world are on space travel it starts going wrong.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:35 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Don't forget to look for it tonight, I want reports. I may be too far south to see it. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:42 PM

14,496 posts, read 12,141,672 times
This was cool. Easily the best thing that happened this whole month in this country!

People are still capable of doing very good things.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:22 PM

860 posts, read 322,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I know but launched from a NASA base with their astronauts and support and based on science.
Yep

Old 05-30-2020, 07:25 PM

860 posts, read 322,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I voted for Trump but did not drink the kool- aid. I don’t make politicians false idols.

Again, what does Trump have to do with Space X, beyond the photo op? Did I miss something?
Again. The Left always states on City Data that Trump is in charge therefore he is responsible for every bad thing that happens anywhere in the country. Well by that logic, he is also responsible for every good thing, such as this SpaceX launch. Understand now? I am just using what the left said was the ground rules.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 9,570,120 times
This is a great engineering achievement by SpaceX and NASA. Some people seek to diminish it be saying that it's not without historical precedent - while that's true, there haven't been many manned space vehicles produced in the 60-year history of manned space flight - it's too difficult and too costly. There is a great deal of complexity involved and the enormous physical stresses in the rocket and the hostile environment of space make for a risky and very unforgiving project.

For the fools who need to rant about politics - you already do that in all the other threads. Give this one thread a rest and let Americans of all political views share some pride, joy, and relief in a complex mission that is going well.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,715,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I voted for Trump but did not drink the kool- aid. I don’t make politicians false idols.

Again, what does Trump have to do with Space X, beyond the photo op? Did I miss something?
President Trump is our leader. He created the Space Force. This was launched from a GOVERNMENT facility by NASA. He reopened the program for America after Barack sold us out to the Russians at the price of $85million/seat to ride their rockets to the station.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
President Trump is our leader. He created the Space Force. This was launched from a GOVERNMENT facility by NASA. He reopened the program for America after Barack sold us out to the Russians at the price of $85million/seat to ride their rockets to the station.
Another false and uninformed opinion about space policy just looking to cheerlead for your team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies