Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 08:04 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
They BEGGED for it. It's scary. People are so easy to live in fear instead of simply taking time to research things. It's baffling to me.
Oh my yes. The entire world is wrong! All those scientists and Drs. Have no clue ! Reality is- togetherness is bad news if you have an infectious disease. We closed our doors - because we were not prepared for a pandemic. We were warned - ahh but what do scientists know ??? Right ?

Old 04-27-2020, 08:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
People we need to be smart about this. It's a pandemic and we need to shut the economy down right now in order for this virus to die down. Then we can start reopening things. Because if we reopen things too soon a second wave is going to start happening and then that will shut down the economy again so we need to do it right once. So we don't have to keep shutting down the economy. That is a smart thing to do but people are very anxious so they are suggesting stupid crap.
Actually, it's only older people in less than good health who need to keep shut down. If they refuse to do so and there is a 2nd wave with once again large numbers of them dying, it will be their damned fault.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
We've had zero waves here in Taiwan, zero lockdowns, zero shutdowns and, today, for the second day in a row, zero cases of coronavirus nationwide. It's been over a month since anyone here died of coronavirus.

On the other hand 95% of us willingly wear face masks -- which are in ample supply because the government made sure of that early on -- everywhere we go.

It seems like a small price to pay for normalcy and victory over the coronavirus.
Aren't all large gatherings such as concerts and games canceled?

Old 04-27-2020, 08:32 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Actually, it's only older people in less than good health who need to keep shut down. If they refuse to do so and there is a 2nd wave with once again large numbers of them dying, it will be their damned fault.
The old people can’t resist the stress on their bodies -and they die- but the young get extremely ill. You should search some of the ones that lived to tell you their stories- they come very close to dying. Some younger people are trying to tough it out at home and get massive strokes. Facts

Old 04-27-2020, 08:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The old people can’t resist the stress on their bodies -and they die- but the young get extremely ill. You should search some of the ones that lived to tell you their stories- they come very close to dying. Some younger people are trying to tough it out at home and get massive strokes. Facts

You should search out the statistics. Over 95% had an underlying condition and over 90% of deaths were over age 60. Facts.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The same way it would be violated by requiring me to hop or sing show tunes or wear clown makeup when entering. How is anyone’s right violated by me not wearing one? If you’re scared, then you stay home.
So you're saying that a business has to allow every single member of the public in?

It so happens I agree with you, but I am surprised to hear this from a member of the party that gets upset over gay wedding cakes.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:54 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
Why should people have to stay home if masks can help prevent spread of disease? If you don't like a store policy to wear a mask, then you can stay home or go to another store. Any business can refuse your business if you don't follow their policy. Where I live, masks are required now and no mask, no service.
Wear a mask if it makes you feel better. It's ineffective and just theater for the sheeple. I'm not modifying my behavior so you sleep better at night. So you wear a mask while shopping and I don't. We both get what we came for and go home happy... well, you're clutching your pearls a bit tightly, but stop worrying about what I'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It’s his property if he wants you to sing Dixie sing or go elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
They have the right to refuse service to anyone not wearing shoes, or a shirt. They can do the same to someone not wearing a mask.
No, that's not how it works. A business open to the public must accommodate the public. Wearing masks is not part of the normal behavior and certainly not expected nor mandated by anyone with the authority to do so. If he's a Muslim and has strong feelings about it, must my wife wear a headrag and walk six paces behind me while in the store? He can make it a private club and then exclude anyone he wants afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It so happens I agree with you, but I am surprised to hear this from a member of the party that gets upset over gay wedding cakes.
That's a different thread altogether.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Wear a mask if it makes you feel better. It's ineffective and just theater for the sheeple. I'm not modifying my behavior so you sleep better at night. So you wear a mask while shopping and I don't. We both get what we came for and go home happy... well, you're clutching your pearls a bit tightly, but stop worrying about what I'm doing.

No, that's not how it works. A business open to the public must accommodate the public. Wearing masks is not part of the normal behavior and certainly not expected nor mandated by anyone with the authority to do so. If he's a Muslim and has strong feelings about it, must my wife wear a headrag and walk six paces behind me while in the store? He can make it a private club and then exclude anyone he wants afterwards.
No, a business can enforce a dress code. Some require suits and ties. Some require masks.

I can tell people they are too ugly to be in my store. Ugly ain’t a protected class nor are bare faced idiots.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:21 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,960 times
The only 2nd anything that will be coming is the second revolution

Old 04-27-2020, 09:25 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,579,521 times
2nd wave will bring in 300k to 750k new cases then will we will have shut for the new wave to. If you though 4 or 5 weeks shutdown was way to long then get ready for a shut down that last 3 1/2 month if you like it or not. Now if the USA would have locked down like 40% tighter then you could reopen some time in June. May is to early to reopen no state has had a decent number of cases drop yet a few states are increase rapidly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies