Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As long as necessary.
So for two years or more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 10:48 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Salmon View Post
Those states are showing improvements while some other states that are opening up have increasing death rates.
It’s impossible to tell if opening up has anything to do with death rates yes. I thought you libs believed in science?

Old 05-01-2020, 10:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So for two years or more?
You read me. As long as necessary. I made no grammatical errors.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:04 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Well long term lockdown is not realistic. We need the economy to survive. Otherwise there will be serious consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Salmon View Post
You need people for an economy to be successful. If people don't want to go out because they don't want to get sick and if people are dying, the economy is not going to matter.
The u.s. has remained top dog in this economic fight for as long as I can remember; with China on its heals .... may be it is time for a change? How is China doing as the rest of these countries muddle through ... ?

Old 05-01-2020, 11:07 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
I wonder how many crying about the lockdown also bravely said they would live in that cabin on an isolated mountain top for a year? LMAO

Me? As long as have my wife and access to my children I could do it. I think most sailors could. At least those from my generation and older.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I wonder how many crying about the lockdown also bravely said they would live in that cabin on an isolated mountain top for a year? LMAO

Me? As long as have my wife and access to my children I could do it. I think most sailors could. At least those from my generation and older.
I could ... it has been my childhood fantasy to live out in the middle of no where ... however, it seems some people did take to the hills only to find the communities that live there already, it was katy-bar-the-door.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Thats pretty pathetic and sad actually, its only been a little over a month now!! Geez, people today are so weak, I read so many of their comments online...this one girl from my state, she commented on one of the Governors posts, she asked what she was supposed to do if she had to go back to work, but daycares were not allowed to open yet, and how would she be able to go to work?...Sheesh, how about FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF and find a way!!!

I guess she was expecting the governor to address her concern or tell her specifically what to do. LOL

I see other people, whining and crying about the restrictions, they are starting to use the words 'tyrannical' and 'unconstitutional'...and they are also asking questions...they want SOMEONE ELSE to do something about it and right the wrongs! LOL Hello...this is America...if your govt is becoming tyrannical...THAT IS UP TO THE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH!! (its not like the FBI or CIA is going to step in and correct it).

I have no idea how the American public became this way?!

Old 05-01-2020, 11:21 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Liberals will tolerate them forever because they want their lives to be run by government.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:22 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As long as necessary.
Thanks for proving my post above.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals will tolerate them forever because they want their lives to be run by government.
When is a democrat not a liberal?

Liberalism

Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.

When they became modern ...

Democratic Party

"The Democratic Party's philosophy of modern liberalism advocates social and economic equality, along with the welfare state. It seeks to provide government regulation in the economy to promote the public interest."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies