Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:56 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't know that

We don't know the entire story on what McMichael fully saw, but what I just posted did happen.

Arbery came out of the front yard 2 houses down.

Your posts are getting worse and worse. All you do is repeat yourself and deflect. You don't address the reasons in posts you respond to.

I dare you to address the points I made in my post. I dare you to address them in a truthful way. Key word truthful.
I do know that is what the responding officer stated that Greg told him.

As for leaving 2 houses down, I don't see it, but again there are things in the way and not the best quality, so I can't make a judgement on that one.
Even if he did enter the street two houses down the McMichaels still didn't see him entering or leaving the house from their front yard. Which is where Gregory said he was when he saw Arbery running down the street.

Old 05-16-2020, 11:56 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,470,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
When he ran past the truck, they let him pass them. We know this by the fact that they let him run all the way past the truck. They were parked in the street well before he got there, so they could have done something to prevent him passing them if that was their real goal.
They did do something.

Travis got out of the truck with his gun to confront him.

When Arbery saw that he ran up the right side of the truck trying to dodge Travis.

Travis moved to the front of the truck.

At that point in my opinion Arbery decided he could not run/flee his way out of their road block without them shooting at him. He chose to try to fight his way out instead.

Arbery did not believe they were going to let him pass. I dont think they were either. They may not have shot him, but I am 100% sure they would have at least gotten back in their truck and continue to chase him.

Old 05-16-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Rational sane people protect property. That is one of the reasons to own a gun. Irrational cowards look the other way and ignore crime.
Rational sane people lock their property up if its important to them.

These fools leave guns and tools and expensive fishing gear laying around unlocked.

Old 05-16-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

As for leaving 2 houses down, I don't see it, but again there are things in the way and not the best quality, so I can't make a judgement on that one.
Even if he did enter the street two houses down the McMichaels still didn't see him entering or leaving the house from their front yard. Which is where Gregory said he was when he saw Arbery running down the street.
I think at best one or more of the McMichaels may have been told by a neighbor that Arbery was in the house.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:01 PM

8,966 posts, read 2,575,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They did do something.
He did get out, but he never made it to the front of the truck before he was attacked by Arbery.....which is why the attack happened on the left hand side of the truck rather than in front of it. Arbery had to travel easily 20 feet minimum towards the guy with the shotgun to get the suicide he so desperately wanted. Are you really trying to argue that the tubby guy with the shotgun was going to beat or even attempt a foot race with Arbery? LOL c'mon man.

Had Arbery kept running once he passed the truck, the guy with the shotgun would have just gotten back in the truck and continued to follow him.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times
This thread is not going to go anywhere until something else significant happens.

The issue is clear cut. The GBI says it was aggravated assault making the death a murder.

The McMichaels will deny it was an aggravated assault and will claim either a citizens arrest or stand you ground when attacked.

I personally believe the state will lose. Too much murkiness on citizens arrest to avoid the reasonable doubt. Once some DA testifies he believes it a citizen arrest school is out.

I also think the McMichaels will then lose badly in a civil try and will end up bankrupt.

So practically all we can do is wait and see what unfolds.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:03 PM

37,961 posts, read 17,937,425 times
Quote:
Rational sane people lock their property up if its important to them.

These fools leave guns and tools and expensive fishing gear laying around unlocked.
Not that I disagree but it happens enough and not just tools. Lumber is hard to lock up. You need a fence around the property.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:
I think at best one or more of the McMichaels may have been told by a neighbor that Arbery was in the house.
Maybe on a prior day, but not on the day they decided to chase him.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:09 PM

37,961 posts, read 17,937,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

Check out the video in slo mo again you can clearly see him run through the front yard of the house next too the construction. Maybe I'm wrong about the 2nd house but Arbery cuts thru the yards of the first house.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 05-16-2020 at 12:23 PM..

Old 05-16-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
He did get out, but he never made it to the front of the truck before he was attacked by Arbery.....which is why the attack happened on the left hand side of the truck rather than in front of it. Arbery had to travel easily 20 feet minimum towards the guy with the shotgun to get the suicide he so desperately wanted. Are you really trying to argue that the tubby guy with the shotgun was going to beat or even attempt a foot race with Arbery? LOL c'mon man.

Had Arbery kept running once he passed the truck, the guy with the shotgun would have just gotten back in the truck and continued to follow him.
We must have been typing at the same time because that is essentially what I said.

But, to me that is still not allowing him to pass as in go freely on his way.

Besides, it doesnt matter what you or I think. Its what a reasonable person would think. IMO the totality of the circumstances would cause most reasonable people to think these guys were crazy and who the heck knew what they were going to do.

You seem to think you can just follow a pedestrian or jogger in a vehicle for some unlimited amount of time and not be involved in a crime yourself.

Why dont you go try that and let us know how it works out for you. The police will be called and you will be told to stop harassing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies