Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 08:06 PM

10,764 posts, read 5,680,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If the so called citizens arrest defense is used and determined to be illegal that will constitute criminal intent.

It will change the alleged citizens arrest to aggravated assault which makes it killing someone during a felony which makes it murder.

Of course, either the prosecutor or the defense can ask the judge to instruct the jury on lesser charges they could return with, but that will be up to the judge.
Other than the DA bringing up citizens arrest, have the McMichaels said anything about it?

Give that they never affected a citizens arrest, it would seem very strange to assert that that is what they in fact did.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:13 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Do you not understand that no matter how many time this man turned around and ran the other way they still chased him? Should he had just run up and down the street indefinitely?
He could have just stopped.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sure it is, but it doesn't fit with the game you are playing.
I’ve explained the “why” to you. If you’d like to refute it, give it a go.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
That is what Greg told the responding officer.

The fact that you don't find the police officers report to be accurate means nothing.
This has nothing to do with the hearsay issue. Rather, it has everything to do with what is actually written in the report.

If you'd like, quote from the repot where you believe it says what you’re claiming, and I’ll be happy to show exactly why it doesn’t say that.

Give it a shot. This’ll be fun.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

https://imgur.com/BkIll8W

Arbery is running right toward the truck and Gregory McMuhaels is standing there pointing a 357 Magnum
at him the whole time it appears.

Why hasn't Arbery stopped running and why isn't he just standing there? Why isn't he running in the opposite direction?

I don't understand the behavior here
HE can't turn around because Roddy is right behind him in the car.
Why should he stop running or just stand there?

Arbery has the right to run down a public street, he also has the right to self defense when two men in a truck chase him over 3 different streets, then create road block and stand in the roadway with a shotgun.

The behavior is called fight or flight, he had already tried flight repeatedly then tried fight when his last attempt at flight was met with a shotgun.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:24 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
This is likely my last post on this thread. The defenders of the shooting? I have no words. I am a gun owner and an avid shooter. I lived most of my life in the sticks. I grew up in a redneck clan and all of our friends were necks. Not all rednecks are racists or evil gun toting idiots. In fact most might tote but they don't behave like the McMichaels or Zimmerman. They don't go out looking for trouble or try to force the confrontations.

There was absolutely no need for the McMichaels to do what they did. None. 0. In fact cops hate when civilians do what the McMichaels did. Make the call. There is video. Let the police do their jobs.

1 man is dead and 2 if not 4 lives are forever changed if not ruined.

Country folks take care of each other. I get that. I lived that. I did that. If my neighbor called me and said "Bone I got a man in my house, I need help." I am on my way to help.

If he says "Bone I saw a guy trespassing in my yard and now he's trespassing through your yard, let's go get him." I would laugh at him and tell him to go take a pill.

This is a mess. We don't know what Arbery's intent was. We only know that he walked in a house under construction. He stole nothing while there.

We know that for what ever reason the McMichaels decided to chase Arbery then confront him in the street while openly carrying guns.

Two white guys in a pick up, chasing a black guy, then jump out with guns.

Would anyone feel ok if that happened to them? Would anyone say to the chasers, "Hi, how you doing, glad to meet you?" Does anyone believe that the McMichaels greeted Arbery in a warm non-threatening manner? No they created him with "Stop, we wanna talk to you" while holding guns.

Im sorry if that isn't the very picture of a threatening environment, what is? Now we have liars on here who will claim, "Hey as long as the gun wasn't held to my head I am not worried about it." LIAR. "As long as they aren't pointing both guns at me I am not worried about them." LIARS

It wasn't a single act that created a threatening environment. IT was the accumulation of acts. Chasing a man. Then trying to cut him off and block him. Yelling stop at him. (After chasing him). Jumping out of the truck with guns. One climbing in the back taking high ground. There wasn't a damned thing they did that wasn't threatening.
How many women would be Okay if 2 men did the exact same thing to them? Would all the men on here saying no big deal that it was done to Arbery, still say no big deal if the exact same thing were done o their daughters, wives, sisters or mothers? I wonder how many will lie about I?
Mark. My. Words.

Acquittal. Or. Infinite. Hung. Juries.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
This has nothing to do with the hearsay issue. Rather, it has everything to do with what is actually written in the report.

If you'd like, quote from the repot where you believe it says what you’re claiming, and I’ll be happy to show exactly why it doesn’t say that.

Give it a shot. This’ll be fun.

"McMichael stated he then ran inside his house and
called to Travis ( ) and said " Travis the guy is running down the
street lets go " .

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...mized/full.pdf

Old 05-16-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. We know that Travis and Greg had guns. We know that they chased him from Satilla to Burford then to Holmes according to the police report. We do know that Roddy was involved and was behind Arbery in his car. We know that Travis was standing in the road with his gun when Arbery came around the corner.

That is from their own statement, and the video.
Your quote:

Quote:
chased down 3 different roads by 3 men in 2 trucks, then being confronted by those men holding their guns. Arbery had the right to try to defend himself.
The three roads in question are Satilla, Buford, and Holmes. Holmes is referenced in the report and is one branch of the intersection. Where the report says “continued to Holmes,” this is when they were coming back on Buford towards Satilla, and the intersection with Holmes. Note that while the report says that various parties drove down Satilla and Buford, the report does not say that any of parties actually travelled on Holmes. While they may have, that is not supported by information in the report.

In your quote above, you state that Arbery was confronted by three men with guns. That in fact did not happen, and the police report doesn’t say that it happened. Only two men had guns, not three.

Do you really want to continue with this nonsense?

Old 05-16-2020, 08:38 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
If you support the Constitution you probably also support our legal system, which provides for a trial before a jury and not some snap judgment by an Internet forum poster who has only seen a 30s video of the incident.
Of course is support the accused getting a fair trial. Not sure how that could work out in their favor as there is no real argument that can justify what they did. Those men are going to prison.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Then when did that happen? When they were chasing behind him and saw him run down Burford? When they were driving to cut him off? When did they tell him that they just wanted to talk?
I have no idea. Has some information been released that provides that information?

Quote:
In the second call I heard differently and have read transcripts that say different. A transcript of a call is only as good as the person transcribing it. I have yet to see an official release of a transcript and not one that is from a news source.
Do you have any links to this alternative information? If not, can you quote what you heard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies