Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 04:31 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That the local law enforcement tried to cover the whole thing up and nothing was done about it until the video was leaked to the media?
That the case has had 3 DAs recuse themselves and are currently under investigation for mismanagement of the case?
That 5 judges have recused themselves?
That the first DA who one of the men arrested used to work for told the police not to make an arrest?
That the arrested men chase the victim for 4 minutes in their trucks before confronting him with guns drawn?
I have never seen anything like this, everyone is running away because they know this was wrong and its a lose, lose for anyone prosecuting this case.

Even lacking the guns I have a picture of these rednecks chasing him in trucks because they think he was a burglar, pretty spectacular for any neighborhood and then throw in the guns.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:32 PM

37,971 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You dont know much about racists, do you?
lol Of course I do. I fully understand the past and present history of the party of slavery, the party of the klan, the party of executive order 9066, the party of Jim Crow, the party of George Wallace.

Quote:
Racists will use minorites to help them if it suits their purposes.
Agreed. See above

Old 05-22-2020, 04:36 PM

10,790 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He didn't make it forward. He died, didn't he?
I can deal with a simple difference of opinion and analysis, but blatant dishonesty renders it impossible to have any kind of meaningful conversation.

He ran 40+ yards forward, and that is just in the portion of the video that’s available.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:38 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,611,639 times
If it was so legal, why didn't Roddie call the police to tell them where the oh so dangerous Arbery was?

Why didn't the McMichaels call the police sooner if the goal was for police to catch him?

Old 05-22-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Ok....either way it seems to me chasing a jogger with weapons is not called for.
They weren't chasing a jogger and it's dishonest to say so. The were chasing someone they thought just committed a crime. . And going by the short vid of Arbery walking up to the house and not jogging there really isn't proof he was jogging. Could he have just stopped jogging? Could be. Could he have pretended to be jogging while casing the house to come back later? Could be.

Did he come running out of the house, cutting across neighbors lawns while trespassing? No doubt he did that.

Quote:
Trying to halt his progress with a weapon is a crime
No it's not. Quit repeating that lie.

Quote:
and killing him whether by design or accident is also. Am I getting it?
Arbery was killed because he made a horrible decision to attack someone with a gun when his life was not threatened. You are not getting it. All you are doing is making excuses for Arbery and acting like he is a juvenile who isn't responsible for his actions. Maybe if he was held responsible before hand he wouldnt have grown up to be a lowlife criminal.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,461,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Of course I do. I fully understand the past and present history of the party of slavery, the party of the klan, the party of executive order 9066, the party of Jim Crow, the party of George Wallace.

Agreed. See above
Your posts do not reflect any understanding of racism to me.

Dont understand your last sentence. If you agree why would you disagree before? What am I missing?

Old 05-22-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
If it was so legal, why didn't Roddie call the police to tell them where the oh so dangerous Arbery was?

Why didn't the McMichaels call the police sooner if the goal was for police to catch him?
It didn't work last time something like this happened. They couldn't find him.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:47 PM

10,790 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Being on the construction site is not even a crime, let alone a felony.

Your "suspicion" argument has no merit, there was no crime committed at all, let alone a felony. There is nothing to be suspicious of, there are nor reasonable grounds.

With your logic, I could arrest you in your own yard, because I am "suspicious" of you that you just committed a felony.
Is it possible for there to be suspicion of a felony, even if no felony actually occurred? Of course. Probable cause for an arrest by a police officer doesn’t require that an offense actually occurred, only that the suspicion and circumstances of the offense are reasonable, and if the crime didn’t actually occur, or lacking other sufficient evidence, the arrested will turned loose.

Arrestees eventually being turned loose is far from an unheard of situation, and police officers aren’t generally facing false arrest charges for the initial arrest.

That one side is finding it impossible to even consider this is, well, astounding.

Ballantine Law Dictionary describes probable cause thusly:

Quote:
"a reasonable amount of suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that certain facts are probably true".

Last edited by TaxPhd; 05-22-2020 at 05:04 PM..

Old 05-22-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Your posts do not reflect any understanding of racism to me.
That's just a dishonest statement made by someone who is uneducated when it comes to racism.

The best part about your absurd post is in the very same post you quoted I proved I am very educated when it comes to racism. I exposed the same party that has passed racist laws over and over again. Yet you don't understand that? LOL Refuse to understand that is more like it.

Quote:
Dont understand your last sentence. If you agree why would you disagree before? What am I missing?
You're missing the truth. Not knowing anything about 2 people and playing the race card is repulsive. Knowing the back ground of which party or group one belongs to can offer insight into ones thought process.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,611,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It didn't work last time something like this happened. They couldn't find him.
they could this time, with Roddie having eyes on him. That is what I am referring to. Same for the McMicahels. OK, he's headed this way on thus and such street. Etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies