Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 04:23 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,482 times

Advertisements

Yes liberals marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes and it always will be no matter how much you try to
Pervert the tradition of marriage. Marriage between the same sexes has never been or will never be normal no matter how much you try to pervert society to accept it. And I’m sure “God” would agree!

Quote:

Researchers at taxpayer-funded Michigan State University and University of Colorado are attempting to root out “unconscious bias in virtual meetings,” advocating ridiculous remedies such as abstaining from using a heterosexual wedding picture as a background since they “unintentionally reinforce the idea that marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes.”
https://thenationalpulse.com/news/vi...nference-bias/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 04:27 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
OMG - the lunacy - when you think things can't get worst - the liberal left finds a way!

Old 05-22-2020, 05:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
“Unconscious bias includes using language, symbolism and nonverbal cues that reinforce normative social identities with respect to gender, race, sexual preference and socioeconomic status,” Bonomi said. “For example, when the virtual background of a Zoom meeting attendee has pictures of his or her wedding, it unintentionally reinforces the idea that marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes.”
In fact, even a simple icebreaker — common for videoconferencing settings —can be a pathway for reinforcing dominant social norms and identities.
“In a recent videoconference, we were asked the ‘most fun thing you’ve done with your family during quarantine.’ Participant answers ranged from ‘gardening with my husband’ to ‘dance parties with my family,’” Viveiros said.
While these experiences are valid, Viveiros said that they can crowd out the experiences of people with minoritized social identities.
https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2020/t...-can-avoid-it/

So if you have a "normative social identity" (you are normal), just keep it to yourself. Any mention of your family, activities, lifestyle, etc. could be problematic.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2020/t...-can-avoid-it/

It's a study being done by social scientists. Big whoop. Nobody is forcing you to take your wedding picture off the wall if you're doing a Skype meeting.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:10 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Don't these people have lives? Do they just look for ways to be constantly offended? Don't they have Confederate Statues they can b*tch about? Guess they took them all down.

Quote:
Researchers at taxpayer-funded Michigan State University and University of Colorado are attempting to root out “unconscious bias in virtual meetings,” advocating ridiculous remedies such as abstaining from using a heterosexual wedding picture as a background since they “unintentionally reinforce the idea that marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes.”
So, even if we don't do anything, we are still UNCONSCIOUSLY Homophobic, Sexist, Racist, Misogynistic, Xenophobic and whatever else they can come up with?

The LEFT is truly Mentally ILL.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:13 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,078,565 times
As the above poster said these are researchers this is their view, about the only thing that makes sense is realize what people are seeing if your involved with an online meeting. Do you want them to see the mess in the kitchen of an open bathroom , like a picture on social media just be conscious of what people will see.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:23 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Why - what is acceptable for some is not for others. I like my house picked up in case guests arrive - others feel that either you accept me as I am or so be it. I shouldn't have to be watchful of what I have around my house that may be offensive to someone else. There are too many judgemental people out there - if you don't like a wedding photo I have on display - suck it up buttercup! These are the types of people I'd rather not have in my life anyway.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:27 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
one potential positive of the govt caused economic collapse, is the kneecapping of funding for such nonsense. All the better is if these institutions go belly up.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:27 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
As the above poster said these are researchers this is their view, about the only thing that makes sense is realize what people are seeing if your involved with an online meeting. Do you want them to see the mess in the kitchen of an open bathroom , like a picture on social media just be conscious of what people will see.
So wedding photos are the same as a toilet and messy kitchen? Is that how you justify this insanity? You may want think before you post. Why do I need to be conscious of a wedding photo for fear that people may see it? That's why THEY ARE DISPLAYED in the first place.

Stop trying to destroy societal norms to make your sick view of the world seem rational!

Old 05-22-2020, 06:44 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,078,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So wedding photos are the same as a toilet and messy kitchen? Is that how you justify this insanity? You may want think before you post. Why do I need to be conscious of a wedding photo for fear that people may see it? That's why THEY ARE DISPLAYED in the first place.

Stop trying to destroy societal norms to make your sick view of the world seem rational!
No I did not say that as the sentence began with "about the only thing that makes sense is realize what people are seeing if your involved with an online meeting."

But feel free to go off the deep end over something that was never said....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies