Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 08:48 AM

208 posts, read 81,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OMG - the lunacy - when you think things can't get worst - the liberal left finds a way!

If liberals are involved things will differently get worse. They thrive on misery and lunacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 08:57 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So what about this? No takers? Shows the utter double standard and hypocrisy of liberal/progressives, doesn't it? They get to complain about seeing evidence hetero marriage, but yet constantly promote and GLORIFY evidence of the above and condemn anyone who would say otherwise. Why? They are SOCIETAL BULLIES and Fascists.
Progressives in the woke left control the overton window on what is acceptable and what's not.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
What if a conservative had said he/she was bothered by a picture in the background of two Gay dudes kissing at their wedding day? Still no bid deal?

Untwist the knickers? How about a mixed race couple? Still no biggie?
Quote:
So what about this? No takers? Shows the utter double standard and hypocrisy of liberal/progressives, doesn't it? They get to complain about seeing evidence hetero marriage, but yet constantly promote and GLORIFY evidence of the above and condemn anyone who would say otherwise. Why? They are SOCIETAL BULLIES and Fascists.
you are correct sir. that one made them run and hide, never to bleat insipidly on this thread again.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:58 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I may not have gotten that far. The initial paragraphs involved heterosexual couples and how they could potentially harm other groups due to their bias.

But thanks for the correction.
You’re welcome. I’m working the night shift tonight, and the rain has me off the golf course this morning, so I have too much time on my hands today to read nonsense like this.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:05 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
It is nonsense. People have it too good so the need to find things to be upset about is paramount. If you have to study what might upset someone in the background of a Zoom call then you have too much time on your hands and should MYOFB. And if you're upset by what you see in the background of a Zoom call you need to do the same. If it isn't illegal MYOFB unless you are the person's boss.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You’re welcome. I’m working the night shift tonight, and the rain has me off the golf course this morning, so I have too much time on my hands today to read nonsense like this.
Did they temporarily move you to another area or are you doing surgeries at night?

I'm on furlough and also have too much time on my hands.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You didn't read the actual article, linked in the OP’s article. The one written by the authors. They did say “family photos”.

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2020/t...-can-avoid-it/
That link. Cry me a river. But I completely understand. Certain objects do cause offens.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Yeah, that's getting pretty silly. Those people need more outside input in their walled garden.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:53 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did they temporarily move you to another area or are you doing surgeries at night?

I'm on furlough and also have too much time on my hands.
The anesthesiologists at most of the area hospitals were in charge of the COVID ICU’s. Intensive care is a sub specialty of anesthesiology, and since our hospital went from 4 ICU’s to 9 ICUs, all full of COVID patients, the actual intensivists were not able to cover them. So we were never furloughed. We just went from being paid by insurance companies to being paid by the hospital.

And, of course, we still had a lot of work on labor and delivery. Babies dont stop coming for a virus. In fact, it was busier than ever because of all the Manhattan people who mistakenly decided it would be safer to deliver their babies at a hospital outside the city.

Now we are down to 4 ICUs again, and surgery is up and running. Thankfully, I am covering surgeries tonight, but we still have a few people covering ICU’s every day. I just did that last night, but after all we have been through, I really cant wait until we just have to worry about surgeries again. Even the particular surgeries I used to hate doing, are a pleasure now.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:28 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Time was it was OK to have calendars with pictures of scantily clad women in provocative poses in one's office.

DH was told about an employee who had that in his cubby. The guy was given just one warning to get it out of the office right now, today.

It would have been Zoom suitable in the 50's. Time and attitudes change. This guy thought it was OK in 1992.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies