Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 03:52 PM

14,494 posts, read 12,128,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Did you read Douglas muarry? Google white couples images. Google will make sure you see other couples. Google black couples and you will only see black couples. Google straight black couples and you will see black but also LGBT couples. Google straight couples and you owll see straight and LGBT couples. Google LGBT couples you will only see LGBT couples.

Google looks at key words used on the page or in the name or captions of the image.

It might about the types of descriptions people might use for the image, and the discussion about the image. Pages that mention the race or orientation of a couple might also be pages that show diversity in the photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 11:38 PM

374 posts, read 146,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The question should be would your personal life if reflected be taken as a negative by someone if it was seen during a business meeting?

I don't care who you've chosen to commit to that's an individuals choice. But as so many posters on these boards have reflected, commented on and rallied against alternate lifestyles would seeing that during a meeting affect their choices, I believe it just might.
But Yankee, why do I have to worry to such extent about whether my personal life will be seen negatively by something as commonplace as a wedding photo? Authenticity is all but lost. How deep should we go down this rabbit hole?

Last edited by PerditaPanthera; 05-23-2020 at 12:05 AM..

Old 05-23-2020, 07:23 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Sounds like a call to mandate the uniformity of subjective perception of what "reinforces bias", in a nation predicated on free thought and expression.

Good luck with that one, commies.

You may have been able to effect legislation of gay marriage from-the-bench, but the vast majority of marriages are between a man and a woman and therefore that union is primarily represented in society and will be primarily represented in photos as a function of the numbers.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerditaPanthera View Post
But Yankee, why do I have to worry to such extent about whether my personal life will be seen negatively by something as commonplace as a wedding photo? Authenticity is all but lost. How deep should we go down this rabbit hole?
In academic settings. This can be negative for LGBT, or single people people who failed to marriage or failed at marriage. I can see how this can be viewed as bigoted in the light of LGBT. But how is this thing racist. And VA Yankee twisted this thing. Their is nothing wrong about the marriage photo.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:53 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What if a conservative had said he/she was bothered by a picture in the background of two Gay dudes kissing at their wedding day? Still no bid deal?

Untwist the knickers? How about a mixed race couple? Still no biggie?
So what about this? No takers? Shows the utter double standard and hypocrisy of liberal/progressives, doesn't it? They get to complain about seeing evidence of hetero marriage, but yet constantly promote and GLORIFY evidence of the above and condemn anyone who would say otherwise. Why? They are SOCIETAL BULLIES and Fascists.

Last edited by Pilot1; 05-23-2020 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-23-2020, 08:00 AM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times
I don't know anything about Zoom business meetings.

But Emily Post and all other manners and home dec people advise that personal photos should never be displayed in public areas of a house. It has always been considered tacky.

Same thing as having a clock in the public areas. It was considered the owner was more concerned with time than the guest.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:14 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I don't know anything about Zoom business meetings.

But Emily Post and all other manners and home dec people advise that personal photos should never be displayed in public areas of a house. It has always been considered tacky.

Same thing as having a clock in the public areas. It was considered the owner was more concerned with time than the guest.
When I have a zoom meeting, I do it in my home office, which is not a public area of the house, yet, an appropriate place for a zoom meeting, as well as an appropriate place for family photos.

According to these two women, a family photo is a microaggression. I’m sure that somehow they probably consider a home office to be a microaggression too..

I just find it amazing that people like this can actually function in society.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
When I have a zoom meeting, I do it in my home office, which is not a public area of the house, yet, an appropriate place for a zoom meeting, as well as an appropriate place for family photos.

According to these two women, a family photo is a microaggression. I’m sure that somehow they probably consider a home office to be a microaggression too..

I just find it amazing that people like this can actually function in society.
Photos of heterosexual couples are the problem according to them, not a family photo. They said nothing about photos of homosexual couples.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:45 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Photos of heterosexual couples are the problem according to them, not a family photo. They said nothing about photos of homosexual couples.
You didn't read the actual article, linked in the OP’s article. The one written by the authors. They did say “family photos”.

Quote:
Symbolism. Be conscious about what your “virtual environment” might symbolize. It’s unlikely that in face-to-face meetings, participants be seated in front a wall of family photos. While virtual backgrounds may be a way for participants to express themselves, it is important to understand who is being excluded and included with these types of actions.
https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2020/t...-can-avoid-it/

Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You didn't read the actual article, linked in the OP’s article. The one written by the authors. They did say “family photos”.
I may not have gotten that far. The initial paragraphs involved heterosexual couples and how they could potentially harm other groups due to their bias.

But thanks for the correction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies