Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 09:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
How many times has the government or their workers lied to the people? I'll wait for an independent autopsy. I don't believe for one second that the knee and the weight of a grown man didn't kill this man. Floyd was detained peacefully but choked! It is clear as day. Knees to the neck is not detaining anyone
I do agree, that the black community has been routinely lied to. I get it. I'm not sure I would believe the autopsy findings if I were you. But I DO believe them, because I'm not you.

On the other hand, I did see a high school wrestling coach post videos of taking a knee on a neck, and that's a totally legal high school wrestling move. Doesn't cause damage.

I DON'T know where we go from here. How we move forward.

3,735 posts, read 8,070,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
the timing of this is too perfect

after being in lockdown so long, people were just itching to come out and riot.
True! Mainly because many people don't have jobs or haven't been paid in some time. It is a perfect storm

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Question:

Who picked him up and did it state anywhere that they tried to resuscitate him?

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not sure what you're what you're saying. This man was certainly detained in a very inhumane looking way - but it appears that wasn't the cause of his death.
I simply can't believe that. When you have your knee on someone's neck for over 8 minutes, and you keep your knee on their neck for over 2 minutes past the time they go limp.....it takes a LOT of mental gymnastics to believe that the knee on the neck didn't cause the death. He could have had other health problems that were a factor, but the actions of the officer were so reckless that any reasonable person would believe that those actions would likely result in the death of the victim. This isn't like the Eric Garner case where tons of fun died because he was so morbidly obese and unhealthy that merely being put on his stomach was enough to cause his death.....kneeling on someone's neck for 8 minutes is likely to cause death or severe injury to just about anyone.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:46 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
I do agree, that the black community has been routinely lied to. I get it. I'm not sure I would believe the autopsy findings if I were you. But I DO believe them, because I'm not you.

On the other hand, I did see a high school wrestling coach post videos of taking a knee on a neck, and that's a totally legal high school wrestling move. Doesn't cause damage.

I DON'T know where we go from here. How we move forward.
https://abc7.com/expert-no-police-ac...necks/6219153/

The professionals beg to differ-
Quote:
Police around the nation and law enforcement experts on Thursday broadly condemned the way George Floyd, who died in Minneapolis police custody this week, was restrained by an officer who dug his knee into the man's neck, saying no circumstances warrant such a dangerous technique.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:47 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Try to pick a more legitimate source then the pile of crap you chose, it adds nothing to the credibility of the article.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
It seems we are all yelling across a chasm here. We're yelling our experiences here, and not listening to the other side.

I'll start. I'm totally willing to listen.

When this pandemic started, a friend mailed me this book, "The Book of Delights" by Ross Gay. Current New York Times Best Seller. Described as a journal of delights - a flower growing from a crack in the concrete, for example. A sweet pleasure to read. Light and happy.

It was not that at all. Ross Gay is a 30something black man, teaching at a university in Indiana, and expressing his experiences with racism in about every other essay in the book. Painful. Eye opening. Some of the essays were just sheer delights in his garden, or something other.

The other half of his essays were about painful racism. At one point, he bought a coffee from a cafe and went to the outdoor seating to drink it, and the proprietor who shared the outdoor seating with the cafe told him to leave. Even though he had a coffee with the logo of the shared cafe.

Can we all just talk? I'm willing to listen.
y

There is a bit of good news!

If all the Democrat controlled Utopia's that could not lift Covid restrictions or seem to control the virus are now letting people riot without social distancing and masks, can we officially call Phase Three: Operation Virus Panic over ? Everyone seems to having a really good time at their well planned parties.

Now the same Democrat controlled Utopias are going to move on to Phase Four: Operation Race War?
Best news is they are carefully choosing their Democrat Utopias for their Burning, Looting and Terrorizing.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:49 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Rioters are blocking freeways in one city. I’m not sure which one as there was no audio or tag on the live feed. It might have been LA

Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 PM

374 posts, read 146,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why is it that it is almost exclusively black males being shot or beaten by the cops? Are the cops sexist too??
Because many black males are pissed off at being marginalized.

For people like you, racism only gets your attention when hell breaks loose. You ignore daily subtle nuances of people frequently being treated differently. Resentment at the unfairness builds, then explodes.

And you whine, "why is it always THEM."

But you never ask, "WHY is it always them?"

You lack genuine interest in understanding the race issue on a deeper level because it doesn't affect you and because you are dull minded.

I wonder at the RESTRAINT Blacks overall have shown to be treated so poorly for so long.

Last edited by PerditaPanthera; 05-29-2020 at 10:37 PM..

Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
y

There is a bit of good news!

If all the Democrat controlled Utopia's that could not lift Covid restrictions or seem to control the virus are now letting people riot without social distancing and masks, can we officially call Phase Three: Operation Virus Panic over ? Everyone seems to having a really good time at their well planned parties.

Now the same Democrat controlled Utopias are going to move on to Phase Four: Operation Race War?
Best news is they are carefully choosing their Democrat Utopias for their Burning, Looting and Terrorizing.
I can promise you that the protesters are not socially distancing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies