Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 07:48 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Perhaps some of you arejust are not getting this. You expect it to make sense. Young vs old, black vs white....it won't matter. The line has been crossed. It's a new paradigm....

This is what anarchy looks like. In the face of what this murdering cop did to Floyd it is APPROPRIATE.

The burning of all these innocent buildings? In the face of the murder it is morally indefensible and absolutely necessary. The ugliest thing I've ever seen.

The line has been crossed. Don't expect anything to make sense....except that.
Destroying innocent small businesses is stupid, MLK is rolling over in his grave. All for peaceful protests but this diminishes the cause. Gathering in large crowds in the middle of a large pandemic is not a good idea but here we are.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:51 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Let me help you ClaraC. In the position that the police put him in there was pressure on his chest with his arms handcuffed behind him he could not prevent his chest collapsing and it was difficult to breathe. With the additional pressure on his neck he could not move and over the 6 minutes his oxygen diminished to the point where his heart became overwhelmed with carbon dioxide and his heart stopped. This is how people die.

The cop was told Floyd had no pulse and he kept his knee of his neck for 3 more minutes.

GROTESQUE. I have seen hundreds of people dieat the end of life when they cannot breathe. Hundreds maybe even more. That is how it happens.

The line has been crossed by this monster.
The evidence is starting to point towards a completely different story than you are describing with such emotion. Thank God we have justice in this country free from emotion.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:51 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The losers on the streets don't understand this. They own nothing, have no ties to the community. After the fires are out, they just move on, leaving millions behind with a ruined city.
Then the second wave comes when the reduced tax base can no longer support the police and fire departments. This is the new Democrat party. Chaos.
And the forces of society are unwilling to stop the riots, stop the madness. Heck, they even surrendered the police station to rioters.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:52 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
The evidence is starting to point towards a completely different story than you are describing with such emotion. Thank God we have justice in this country free from emotion.
That is not evidence. You are being played. Trust me I'm not emotional about how people died. It's simple math. that is how I know what killed this man.

Your presence has been noted.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And the forces of society are unwilling to stop the riots, stop the madness. Heck, they even surrendered the police station to rioters.
Nothing is going to make sense for those who believe in good/bad right/wrong. The line has been crossed.

Watch Tsunami videos to get an idea of what I mean.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:55 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
The cop murdered this man. Believe your eyes.
Of course he did, but that doesn't justify destroying 170 businesses, rioting, looting, burning people's home's and vehicles? Those people did nothing to deserve that. You'd better be careful what you wish for it may be you next.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:56 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,070,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Destroying innocent small businesses is stupid, MLK is rolling over in his grave. All for peaceful protests but this diminishes the cause.
MLK is rolling over his grave because although he had to fight to re-enforce the original civil rights bill, black people are still fighting for justice and equality and white people still like to throughout his name to reinforce obedience. All African ancestors are with their people as they continue the fight! Seeing people stand up and fight for their rights by any means necessary is what needs to happen. Those businesses have insurance they will be fine. But those people will keep facing injustice until things change. If they don't this will keep happening.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
I don’t care about seeing his rap sheet. He is dead.
More spin to tell you that the killing (lynching) in daylight is more palatable. When women were raped they blamed her for dressing in a short dress.

Same old play....

Old 05-29-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Of course he did, but that doesn't justify destroying 170 businesses, rioting, looting, burning people's home's and vehicles? Those people did nothing to deserve that. You'd better be careful what you wish for it may be you next.
I'm just observing. this is simple math. It's morally reprehensible what is happening to innocent people. You continue to insist that it's inappropriate.

Those days are gone...the line has been crossed.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:59 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
I'm just observing. this is simple math.
The simple math is that this is one incident, and the person who did it is already in jail and will be there for a VERY long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies