Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 08:04 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Not if you are black. Why do you think the country is exploding? Harsh language?
It’s rare. Especially for the amount of violent crime black people commit and their interactions with law enforcement. White people are the ones being hunted down and killed by police and it gets no coverage. None. The country is exploding over false media narratives that aren’t backed by any statistics or data. It’s a hoax. Just like for example “hands up don’t shoot” was a hoax. It never happened. It was a lie. And idiots like you fell for it.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
It’s rare. Especially for the amount of violent crime black people commit and their interactions with law enforcement. White people are the ones being hunted down and killed by police and it gets no coverage. None. The country is exploding over false media narratives that aren’t backed by any statistics or data. It’s a hoax. Just like for example “hands up don’t shoot” was a hoax. It never happened. It was a lie. And idiots like you fell for it.
For the millionth time - the fact that more whites are killed by cops is the wrong number to look at since there are far more whites in the country than blacks. Black folks represent 13% of the population, so do the math using that.

The odds of being shot by a cop are much higher if you're black - especially a black male between the ages of 18 - 32 or 34 (I can't remember the exact age).

Cops are trigger happy, particularly when they're having an exchange with black males. There's a reason for that and I get it. But better hiring, better protective equpment and better training would go a long way in helping reduce a problem which most people want to pretend doesn't exist.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:18 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
I just can’t believe this group of Democratic idiot leaders in Minneapolis have caused this country so much grief.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:28 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
For the millionth time - the fact that more whites are killed by cops is the wrong number to look at since there are far more whites in the country than blacks. Black folks represent 13% of the population, so do the math using that.

The odds of being shot by a cop are much higher if you're black - especially a black male between the ages of 18 - 32 or 34 (I can't remember the exact age).

Cops are trigger happy, particularly when they're having an exchange with black males. There's a reason for that and I get it. But better hiring, better protective equpment and better training would go a long way in helping reduce a problem which most people want to pretend doesn't exist.
You can’t just look at it that way. While white people are a greater percentage of the population they commit far less violent crime and have far less interactions with police yet they are still killed at a higher rate. You aren’t telling The whole story only half of it. White people are killed at a higher rate when you factor in all the metrics. The narrative the media peddles is false. It’s a lie just like “hands up don’t shoot” was a lie used to manipulate people.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:29 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't agree. I don't think this career cop intended to kill this man in full view of a crowd of onlookers who were begging him to let Mr. Floyd up.

That doesn't make sense to me. But I do believe he meant to do grievous harm, and get away with it.
When you stay on a man's neck 3 minutes after he has no pulse, yes, your intent is for him to be dead.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I just can’t believe this group of Democratic idiot leaders in Minneapolis have caused this country so much grief.
What? I believe it was the cop that caused this grief. What did you want the leaders in Minneapolis to do?

Old 05-30-2020, 08:39 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
He knew he was being filmed on phone and he’s a 19 year police vet. . That’s the weirdest part about this entire thing. Watching it back it’s almost as if he looked like he was possessed by a damn demon

Old 05-30-2020, 08:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He knew he was being filmed on phone and he’s a 19 year police vet. . That’s the weirdest part about this entire thing
I know. It's the very weirdest thing. Inexplicable, really.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:41 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Hogwash. There was no intent to kill anyone. No proof.
Yeah, it looked like manslaughter 1 to me too.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:43 PM

10,461 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
When you stay on a man's neck 3 minutes after he has no pulse, yes, your intent is for him to be dead.
There is more going on than what we are being told. It's coming to light both worked together in another place. I personally think there was a political hit put on Floyd for some reason. Maybe he saw something and needed him to be shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies