Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 09:32 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Okay, that's great. But in this case, THERE IS A VIDEO of him acting like a murderer. You need to make an arrest now to avoid more violence. You don't need any "process" after watching that. Any true leader can see this.

Arrest that murderer police officer today.
I’m sure his arrest is imminent. And rightfully goddamn so. But what we see on TV is not the beginning nor the end of the investigation into this officer. It’s only been three days. I’m sure there are many people working to build a clean case and ensure that procedure is followed very carefully here. This of course is a concept of justice that impatient fools refuse to understand. They think justice is burning down auto parts stores, not careful investigation and prosecution. They’ll rant and rave and continue acting like fools because they are too ignorant and incapable to understand how law and order work. It’s not like ordering a hamburger at a McDonalds window. You do not receive immediate gratification.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this level of delusion is beyond mind-boggling.

'healing the pain' by stealing TVs and destroying businesses?

https://twitter.com/Atownsnap31/stat...43213987753985
Wow. I went to the twitter page of Atownsnap31 to see a bunch of Greta Thunbergs shouting in cops faces. Lordy. A Covid party.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:36 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Just curious-is this the Somalia district?

Old 05-28-2020, 09:39 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Emotional outbursts leading to injury and destruction serve zero purpose but to further downgrade a community’s reputation.
Well, when you're already at the very bottom, and you believe you're the most hated people, you won't really care.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:43 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just curious-is this the Somalia district?
No, that's Cedar-Riverside you're thinking of. This rioting involved Black Americans and it took place in the Uptown area of Minneapolis.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:47 AM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Of course, looting is crazy. But since these police killings of innocent black people continue, and any chance of justice or appropriate punishment for the guilty is unlikely, I can see how the fury would explode.
And of course that justifies the greedy opportunistic looting, property destruction, and destroying the lives and livelihoods of the local business owners, and neighbors.

In fact, those engaging in the looting and destruction use this tragedy as an excuse for their activities. And it hurts the local people the most.

Not that the news media would ever point that out.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, when you're already at the very bottom, and you believe you're the most hated people, you won't really care.
Am I supposed to feel guilt for the low self esteem of looters and violent protestors? I don’t. I recognize that their minds are unable to look analytically at events such as this. They instead explode in immediate rage and retribution because they have no impulse control, and they demand immediate recompense regardless of their own affiliation to the actual aggrieved party. This is how toddlers behave before we teach them that patience is a virtue, and that thinking things out before taking action is how the wise man navigates through life.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Those people are not social distancing! *wagging finger*

Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Emotional outbursts leading to injury and destruction serve zero purpose but to further downgrade a community’s reputation.
Well, although that's true, it WORKS.

Think of someone you know who's just a loose cannon. Any little slight against them causes them to over react and go ballistic.

People are more careful about how they treat them, at least on the surface.

To slight them causes such a prolonged response that it's just not worth it, and they get away with things other people wouldn't, and are given freedoms others aren't.

Fear of a person's response works as a deterrent to mistreatment of them.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:52 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Am I supposed to feel guilt for the low self esteem of looters and violent protestors? I don’t. I recognize that their minds are unable to look analytically at events such as this. They instead explode in immediate rage and retribution because they have no impulse control, and they demand immediate recompense regardless of their own affiliation to the actual aggrieved party. This is how toddlers behave before we teach them that patience is a virtue, and that thinking things out before taking action is how the wise man navigates through life.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies