Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 11:10 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Let's talk about crime

What does this have to do with what that police officer did to George Floyd?

Old 05-28-2020, 11:11 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Put armed troops on the roofs of essential buildings with orders to use whatever force necessary to protect property.

Impose a strict curfew at 8PM

Anyone rioting without Minneapolis residency be charged with felony inciting a riot.

... Or better else, avoid the crap that we witnessed during that arrest all together.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:15 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Looters are not protestors, they're just taking advantage of the situation. I hope they're all found and arrested.
Good timing! Cities across the country are trying to reduce their prison/jail population, in some cities, no arrest for shoplifting, prostitution, drug usage or selling drugs.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Let them riot, it's been a REALLY long time since they had a legitimate excuse to riot so let them go nuts for a while. You can't really expect any more than that from some.
I can think of any number of other reasons to riot today, the Lockdown for one, No health insurance, part time earners excluded from the stimulus plan, and Bernie Sanders not being the Democratic nominee.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, that's Cedar-Riverside you're thinking of. This rioting involved Black Americans and it took place in the Uptown area of Minneapolis.
When I left Minneapolis in 1993, a number of the Black population had already abandoned the downtown area, due to high rents, and gravitated to Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, which is happening all over the country, the displacement of Blacks to the suburbs. Downtown Minneapolis has become almost lily white over the years, as in so many other gentrified cities.

But yes, there's that Somalian enclave in Cedar Riverside area.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:22 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I can think of any number of other reasons to riot today, the Lockdown for one, No health insurance, part time earners excluded from the stimulus plan, and Bernie Sanders not being the Democratic nominee.

These would be all reasons for mass PROTESTS, not riots, see...

Old 05-28-2020, 11:25 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A war waged on the flatscreen isle?

As the work boot aisle remains unoccupied …

Old 05-28-2020, 11:31 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Am I supposed to feel guilt for the low self esteem of looters and violent protestors? I don’t. I recognize that their minds are unable to look analytically at events such as this. They instead explode in immediate rage and retribution because they have no impulse control, and they demand immediate recompense regardless of their own affiliation to the actual aggrieved party. This is how toddlers behave before we teach them that patience is a virtue, and that thinking things out before taking action is how the wise man navigates through life.
I never asked you to feel any guilt or sympathy for said rioters. I'm simply telling you this: It is what it is. I was being very matter of fact. The angry and fed up do not have any patience left. Retribution and rage are what is on the rioters minds. People want something done NOW or else. Some individuals don't care if they live or die.

My point: You can send the National Guard in to quell the riot. However, until the conditions that led to that riot change, this will happen over and over and over. And the persons rioting aren't going to care how it makes their cause look.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
He clearly did not deserve that fate.

But all of the cops HAVE to go on trial for this. We will never know if the guy with his knee on his neck killed him - it might have been the BLACK COP WHO HAD HIS KNEES ON HIS CHEST/HEART.

It's going to be interesting when the race hustlers have to acknowledge that there was a black cop on his chest/heart and stop with their racist **** and deal with the hard facts.
There were two or three back cops in the Freddie Gray case and that didn't change the basic narrative.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:41 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That will put a stop to it, for now. However, what will happen the next time around, when another case of wanton police brutality takes place and that officer gets a slap on the wrist?
That should not be happening but it is all over the country in Democratic run cities. They say all the right things on Twitter but when it comes down to it they don’t care about black people except on Election Day. That simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies