Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 10:48 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I don’t agree with what they did. However I think this is less about race and more about ghetto. The police definitely hold residents of ghettos (and white trailer parks in contempt) They see the residents of such places as criminals and parasites. Most Americans see them the same way. The police are so used to these people giving them trouble that they start with a tough stance and it descends into something like this. The fact that the city is liberal likely does not help. Law officers often hold leftists in contempt as well. When something does happen in a place that is fully leftist like Minneapolis there is an organized response from leftists who are used to protesting and causing trouble. It is a recipe for violence. I bet we see a lot more violence before this is over.

Let’s be clear though that most black men will not be treated like this. A black man in business casuals cloths coming from an office will not face this. Police don’t patrol for black men cutting their grass in a middle class neighborhood. This is about the ghetto way more than about race.

What to do about it? I don’t know. We can’t ask the police to treat ghetto dwellers with kid gloves because that will only encourage their criminal tendencies. We don’t want an American gestapo either. Putting more black officers in those areas has not helped....they disrespect them too. When something happens to a criminal at the hands of a black officer it’s no better of a response than if it were a white officer.
you are absolutely right, I worked in a huge corporation with many black employees, some of which were not only great leaders but wonderful cohorts.....they got out and moved up and had parents that cared and pushed them to a better life... just like me....we were dirt poor, I worked since I was 13 years old, and handed every cent over to my single mother. She shouldn't have been a mother, but I was determined that I'd never grow up as she predicted I would, pregnant and never amounting to much.

My point is, nothing is going to change unless people start using birth control....it is 2020 and God as my witness, I'm convinced that politicians do not care to educate lower income children...do you realize some of them only have one goal in life, to stand on a street corner, selling drugs so they can buy a Beemer....? These kids do not have parents that care about them, or are to busy working 3 jobs to pay the bills and not get thrown out of their apartments.

When I see all those kids running in and out of Target looting, it is really heart wrenching, that so many of those kids will grow up to be criminals. To them, this isn't about the poor man who died, it is an excuse to destroy and rob other people. That's all it is to them...plus you have to wonder what kind of homes they come from. It's very sad...but these are children with no moral upbringing....and that has to change for change to happen. I believe strongly if every single American would see how devastating some people in this country live, we'd make changes, but everyone just turns their heads and walk on.

What happened to that poor man who was murdered is wrong, but it isn't a reason to hate all cops...there are good and bad people in everyone, even those who wear suits. I've worked construction a good many years before moving into the corporate field, and I want to tell you, those construction men, had it all over many in the corporate field who dress in 700.00 suits.

So remember, this isn't another reason to hate cops....but it is a reason to see justice served and move on to a better way of life. I know about those trailer parks and how bad they are, the meth labs etc.

I saw a documentary on TV years ago, about cops in NYC and how they had to rotate them out of the city ever two years....no one seems to realize or want to face just how bad areas of our cities are....

those of you who are cop haters, is it any wonder people fear you? Thank about it...anyone of you who hate someone b/c of their race, is it any wonder why your such an angry person....you might not be poor in material things but in your soul of souls your missing something....if people want to rise up, rise up for the betterment of the human race and make something out of yourselves...I'm not rich by any means, but I came as a very poor child, beaten and even sexually abused, but that didn't give me the right to steal...instead, I tried oh so hard to be better than that, and if I can do it anyone can.

I'm sad for Floyde, he shouldn't have had to die like that....and maybe he didn't even know that $20.00 bill was a fake...and from what I hear, he didn't resist once...so those cops should be tried and brought to pay for their crimes.

Yes there are good and bad police officers....and what happened here is inhumane, and I hope those officers are bought to justice.....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-28-2020 at 10:58 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 10:49 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
........Only thing that could have (maybe) justified the knee on the neck, is if Floyd's behavior changed abruptly to extreme violence, attacking the cops or trying to run or something. .........
Makes it a rather interesting question to what form of HtH is acceptable. If it were me, it would have been some kind of throw, say seo-nage or a foot sweep, to slam them into deck, take the fight out of them, or maybe face punches or shoulder chops........

........but as was seen in the Williamson (or was it Travis?) County a few years ago where the officer twirled the woman. even though she had become pretty much a rag doll at that point, into the deck.................

...................the public doesn't support that too much.

So what is acceptable?

Old 05-28-2020, 10:50 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
As black people, we should have followed Malcolm not Martin. Certain people only respect or understand violence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df5kaol1lCs&t=335s
If you think that certain people only respect violence, then you should respect what just happened to the victim. Malcom X is a racist to the max.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:53 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think a lot of them a democrats. Just like the lady who called police on the "Black man" in NYC.

I can guarantee you that the one cop in that video is a Dai Thao supporter (democrat).
Nothing wrong with calling someone "Black Man" What should you call him. Is he black? Would I be offended if you called me "white man"? Of course not. Nost black people I know here on Long Island are offended by African American. They all say they were not born in Africa and do not want to be called that.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:54 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
So, burning, looting, general violence, has what to do with Floyd's death?

Anything and everything.
It's called anger, and these people are acting on their emotions, rather than on calm and calculated "let's wait and see what happens when the law steps in."
Deep down in their hearts many of them don't believe in the justice of law in the US, and that's why they loot, destroy and burn in a protest.
Yes, apparently the police forget that each and every of their move can be recorded by the bystanders and made public within five minutes on the social media.

That's the only way I can explain why that police officer was so smug, while killing the man.

Minding you - not by accident, not in the heat of the argument/danger of illegal weapon possession, but in a cold calculated manner.

So in my understanding, the reaction that would follow from AAs was quite predictable, UNLESS these officers were handcuffed and put in jail immediately. ( That's my guess.)
Therefore I can only repeat what I've said earlier, right after watching that murder scene ( because that's what it was.)

Quote:
This cop knew what he was doing, and in a broad daylight too.

Someone is itching for more riots apparently.

I hate to be right, but it was all too predictable.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/58209925-post97.html
*Sigh.*

Old 05-28-2020, 10:56 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Nothing wrong with calling someone "Black Man" What should you call him. Is he black? Would I be offended if you called me "white man"? Of course not. Nost black people I know here on Long Island are offended by African American. They all say they were not born in Africa and do not want to be called that.
I would prefer we either be called men or women. Time to move on from race designations.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:57 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Put armed troops on the roofs of essential buildings with orders to use whatever force necessary to protect property.

Impose a strict curfew at 8PM

Anyone rioting without Minneapolis residency be charged with felony inciting a riot.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:58 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,463 times
Let's talk about crime

Old 05-28-2020, 11:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you are absolutely right, I worked in a huge corporation with many black employees, some of which were not only great leaders but wonderful cohorts.....they got out and moved up and had parents that cared and pushed them to a better life... just like me....we were dirt poor, I worked since I was 13 years old, and handed every cent over to my single mother. She shouldn't have been a mother, but I was determined that I'd never grow up as she predicted I would, pregnant and never amounting to much.

My point is, nothing is going to change unless people start using birth control....it is 2020 and God as my witness, I'm convinced that politicians do not care to educate lower income children...do you realize some of them only have one goal in life, to stand on a street corner, selling drugs so they can buy a Beemer....? These kids do not have parents that care about them, or are to busy working 3 jobs to pay the bills and not get thrown out of their apartments.

When I see all those kids running in and out of Target looting, it is really heart wrenching, that so many of those kids will grow up to be criminals. To them, this isn't about the poor man who died, it is an excuse to destroy and rob other people. That's all it is to them...plus you have to wonder what kind of homes they come from. It's very sad...but these are children with no moral upbringing....and that has to change for change to happen. I believe strongly if every single American would see how devastating some people in this country live, we'd make changes, but everyone just turns their heads and walk on.

What happened to that poor man who was murdered is wrong, but it isn't a reason to hate all cops...there are good and bad people in everyone, even those who wear suits. I've worked construction a good many years before moving into the corporate field, and I want to tell you, those construction men, had it all over many in the corporate field who dress in 700.00 suits.

So remember, this isn't another reason to hate cops....but it is a reason to see justice served and move on to a better way of life. I know about those trailer parks and how bad they are, the meth labs etc.

I saw a documentary on TV years ago, about cops in NYC and how they had to rotate them out of the city ever two years....no one seems to realize or want to face just how bad areas of our cities are....

those of you who are cop haters, is it any wonder people fear you? Thank about it...anyone of you who hate someone b/c of their race, is it any wonder why your such an angry person....you might not be poor in material things but in your soul of souls your missing something....if people want to rise up, rise up for the betterment of the human race and make something out of yourselves...I'm not rich by any means, but I came as a very poor child, beaten and even sexually abused, but that didn't give me the right to steal...instead, I tried oh so hard to be better than that, and if I can do it anyone can.

I'm sad for Floyde, he shouldn't have had to die like that....and maybe he didn't even know that $20.00 bill was a fake...and from what I hear, he didn't resist once...so those cops should be tried and brought to pay for their crimes.

Yes there are good and bad police officers....and what happened here is inhumane, and I hope those officers are bought to justice.....
Very well said and while I cheer your perspective, I believe you've stumbled on to the wrong forum, this is City Data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:08 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Put armed troops on the roofs of essential buildings with orders to use whatever force necessary to protect property.

Impose a strict curfew at 8PM

Anyone rioting without Minneapolis residency be charged with felony inciting a riot.
That will put a stop to it, for now. However, what will happen the next time around, when another case of wanton police brutality takes place and that officer gets a slap on the wrist?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies