Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 01:12 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The lefty media must feel there is something to hide in the video otherwise they wouldn't edit out the part where he resisted and gets taken down.

MSM is scum.
The eyewitnesses say he never resisted.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:13 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Of course, looting is crazy. But since these police killings of innocent black people continue, and any chance of justice or appropriate punishment for the guilty is unlikely, I can see how the fury would explode.
it's clear they're using the outrage as an excuse for looting.
they loot at every opportunity.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:14 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Normally, I usually come down on the side of the police in these cases because usually the injuries or death is a direct result of resisting arrest.

But not this time.

His resistance is irrelevant because he was already apprehended, down and cuffed.

There was no reason for the police to keep him in that position with his knee on his neck.

None.

That's how I see it too.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:15 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The lefty media must feel there is something to hide in the video otherwise they wouldn't edit out the part where he resisted and gets taken down.

MSM is scum.

I'm not big on media editing......

But his resistance is IRRELEVANT.

Look at it this way:

Just like George Zimmerman's following Trayvon Martin was irrelevant.

George shouldn't have followed Trayvon, he should have obeyed the dispatcher.

But once Trayvon had Zimmerman down and bashing his head into the pavement, Zimmerman's following him was irrelevant because at that moment in time, Zimmerman feared for his life and was therefore justified in using deadly force.

The same logic applies here

The fact that the guy resisted is irrelevant because he was already apprehended, down and cuffed when the police injured him to the point of causing his death.

His resistance before that point doesn't matter.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:16 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Yeah innocent. The guy was a lifetime criminal
what's his rap sheet like?
again, I gave him benefit of the doubt because in the one picture I saw of the guy, he seemed to be clean cut and decently dressed, unlike a typical thug.

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Police should know how to "restrain" people without killing them. If they can't, they should be doing something else. What in "I can't breathe" didn't this cop understand?

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The eyewitnesses say he never resisted.
Even if he did resist (and I'm very skeptical about what police call resisting, especially as one can resist with or without violence), he was handcuffed and on the ground and, thus, not posing a threat in a way where a knee had to be in his neck for minutes.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:17 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
awww. poor fella.
Attached Thumbnails
'I Cannot Breathe': Man Dies After Encounter With Minneapolis Police-woops.jpg  

Old 05-28-2020, 01:18 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not big on media editing......

But his resistance is IRRELEVANT.

Look at it this way:

Just like George Zimmerman's following Trayvon Martin was irrelevant.

George shouldn't have followed Trayvon, he should have obeyed the dispatcher.

But once Trayvon had Zimmerman down and bashing his head into the pavement, Zimmerman's following him was irrelevant because at that moment in time he feared for his life and was justified in using deadly force.

The same logic applies here

The fact that the guy resisted is irrelevant because he was already apprehended, down and cuffed when the police injured him to the point of causing his death.

His resistance before that point doesn't matter.
He did. Not only does he say he did, but the audio 911 call of his breathing slowing after saying "ok" to the dispatcher shows that he was slowing his pace and ostensibly stopped following as he says. Put it this way: there is zero evidence to show that Zimmerman didn't stop following Trayvon, while numerous evidence to support that he did.

I agree with everything else, though.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
NO LINK. I hesitate to say anything because I don't have a link to support what I'm sure I read soon after this killing happened. One article claimed that when the cops tried to put Floyd in the back of the their car, he told them he was claustrophobic and refused to enter the vehicle. I don't recall the source of the claim.
He was in the back seat of a car when they first encountered him! I don't know how any "claustrophobia" claim could be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies