Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 08:00 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The line has been crossed.
You posted that line a few times. What does it mean?

Old 05-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
I'm just observing. this is simple math. It's morally reprehensible what is happening to innocent people. You continue to insist that it's inappropriate.

Those days are gone...the line has been crossed.
Math?

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You posted that line a few times. What does it mean?
It means he condones violence against innocents because he's upset that someone got murdered.

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The simple math is that this is one incident, and the person who did it is already in jail and will be there for a VERY long time.
To you. Do you think the people in major cities across the country agree with you?

Old 05-29-2020, 08:02 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,070,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Of course he did, but that doesn't justify destroying 170 businesses, rioting, looting, burning people's home's and vehicles? Those people did nothing to deserve that. You'd better be careful what you wish for it may be you next.
All of the murders by the hand of law enforcement, beatings and injustice sentences black people have faced since being in the USA can never be justified. Being that businesses that never benefited them in the first place are being burned down and will get an insurance check is a gift to the business! No lost business will ever justify what has happened to the people that have built your nation!

Old 05-29-2020, 08:04 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
To you. Do you think the people in major cities across the country agree with you?
I think those rioting are violent animals who aren't thinking, they are just smashing, burning, and stealing things.

I concern myself more with the thoughts of intelligent people, literally none of the rioters qualifies.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:07 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
All of the murders by the hand of law enforcement, beatings and injustice sentences black people have faced since being in the USA can never be justified. Being that businesses that never benefited them in the first place are being burned down and will get an insurance check is a gift to the business! No lost business will ever justify what has happened to the people that have built your nation!
Show your solidarity and bust your own windows out and set your belongings on fire...oh whats that? its not okay when its your stuff being destoyed?

Old 05-29-2020, 08:23 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The last 20 years he had worked as a mentor to young men in Houston.
No, he was in prison for the home invasion from 2009-2014.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:33 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Default Breaking: Autopsy Shows That George Floyd Was NOT Killed By Asphyxiation

Quote:
Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mbined-health/

This is a big reason why I often caution people to wait for the evidence to come out before coming to certain conclusions as a matter of fact and law.

Now, the officers still behaved inappropriately and I believe that the knee to the neck was STILL excessive and warrants some kind of charge. But, in light of these findings (and understanding that the Floyd family is requesting a private autopsy), I now see no realistic way that the ex-cop gets convicted of murder.

The standard for convicting police officers who cause death or injury while acting in their official capacities is already challenging. But I was hopeful that, if the evidence showed that the clearly excessive knee to neck hold literally caused Floyd to be choked to death (there was already skepticism based on that by the fact that Floyd was able to state repeatedly that he couldn't breathe, which shows that he was able to breathe . . . people get on the MS mayor for making a similar point--and I've said that just because something is factual doesn't mean that it should be uttered) then there would be a clear cut case of unlawful homicide even with the cop's status (and, to be clear, I want all of the cops on the scene charged with something).

If I was the now ex-officer, I may not even request a jury trial.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:37 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Doesn't matter. Everyone has seen the video and formulated their own opinions. The cop's actions did not represent good police work. That's not someone I would want patrolling my neighborhood, or any else's for that matter. Good luck finding a jury of your peers that would not be totally and completely biased though. No way possible for a fair trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies