Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 02:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
While I usually agree with you in this case I'm going to disagree. What I saw was horrible but I wasn't there. I have no idea what pressure was applied to his neck nor did I see enough of the whole situation before the incident occur.

You can thank the rioters for your having to run for your life - the cops did not do this on purpose to incite them I'm sure.
I'm not nearly as "sure" as you are. A lot of unusual stuff with this whole deal.
Starting with the fact that these men knew each other, worked for a problematic "night club" and the video of the EMT's removal of George was beyond strange. Ever seen an EMT that didn't bother to even check the patient? Ever see one sling the patient onto a gurney? Ever seen a subject perp walked across a street instead of loaded into a cruiser curb side?

Hinky stuff, start to finish.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I think this tonightis going to be the acid test of the protests.

Either the Nat Guard will settle things down or people are going to get killed imho.
People were killed last night -- how many more deaths do you want or expect?
National Guard was there last night - that didn't help Minneapolis. Tonight may be an "acid test", but things won't "settle down" by force.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:09 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm not nearly as "sure" as you are. A lot of unusual stuff with this whole deal.
Starting with the fact that these men knew each other, worked for a problematic "night club" and the video of the EMT's removal of George was beyond strange. Ever seen an EMT that didn't bother to even check the patient? Ever see one sling the patient onto a gurney? Ever seen a subject perp walked across a street instead of loaded into a cruiser curb side?

Every one knew it was a cop kill. The evidence shows this. Nobody did anything protective at any point in time. They did not know there was a videotape running...Surprise!

Old 05-30-2020, 02:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Can anyone state whether or not anyone worked to revive Floyd? Any reports of that?
It seems paramedics tried but it was too late. Not sure if the officers did or didn't. Even if they did because of how long he was choked, I think it would be a futile effort.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:13 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
While I usually agree with you in this case I'm going to disagree. What I saw was horrible but I wasn't there. I have no idea what pressure was applied to his neck nor did I see enough of the whole situation before the incident occur.

You can thank the rioters for your having to run for your life - the cops did not do this on purpose to incite them I'm sure.
They did it on purpose, but not to incite rioters. They never thought they'd be called out on it. If they had any thought that they might be called out on it, they would have made some fake attempt to bring him around long before 9 minutes of pushing down on his neck.

But don't think for a second that it wasn't intentional what they did. You don't hold someone down, especially by their neck, for 9 solid minutes while the person tells you they can't breathe, and after they go limp. And they did it right in front of other people - that's how bold they were.

The fact that this cop knew George, worked with him, as some reports are out there saying - says to me that is was definitely personal, and quite intended.

We'll never know, because the cop sure isn't going to come out and say, "Yeah, I meant to kill him."

But you won't change my mind that he didn't mean to snuff him out.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

I've never seen anything handled the way this was. None of it made sense.

Shaking my head at those who are saying pre-existing conditions caused his death. Yeah, and JFK died of Addison's disease.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:15 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It actually doesn't no matter which cop it is because the issue is cops murdering.
To the Left - it's all about white racism. Stop actin' like it ain't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It seems paramedics tried but it was too late. Not sure if the officers did or didn't. Even if they did because of how long he was choked, I think it would be a futile effort.
He wasn't choked. A choked person can not talk - and he was talking.

The guy on his heart crushed his bad heart. That was the black cop.

You just might realize this...eventually...

Old 05-30-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
There's a distinct difference in tone, even in that post, you couldn't help but try to justify the riots while you take a much harsher tone with the nonviolent armed protests.....

The fact that you view nonviolent protest that you don't agree with as "the other side of the same coin" as violent rioting and looting that you do agree with says a lot.
Nonviolent? GMAFB. How in God's green Earth is an ARMED protest nonviolent? They threatened lawmakers enough they wore bulletproof vests. You're partisanship is showing. They both are idiots and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for the laws they broke. The protesters in Michigan were terrorists while collar some of these protesters for assault, destruction of property and robbery. I never condoned the acts, I just understand why it got to that point.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
To the Left - it's all about white racism. Stop actin' like it ain't.

He wasn't choked. A choked person can not talk - and he was talking.

The guy on his heart crushed his bad heart. That was the black cop.

You just might realize this...eventually...
Did you read the above post. Wake up, smell the coffee and take the tin foil hat off. Without having a knee in the back of the neck suffocating him for nearly nine minutes, he would be alive. I'm leaving that post below and emboldened the main part for you to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've never seen anything handled the way this was. None of it made sense.

Shaking my head at those who are saying pre-existing conditions caused his death. Yeah, and JFK died of Addison's disease.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:23 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Did you read the above post. Wake up, smell the coffee and take the tin foil hat off. Without having a knee in the back of the neck suffocating him for nearly nine minutes, he would be alive. I'm leaving that post below and emboldened the main part for you to read.
So a guy who has pre-existing conditions is just as healthy as everyone else?

If he had a bad heart, you're saying that could not possibly have had a bad effect - with a cop crushing his heart with both of his knees?

SMDH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies