Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you take a coronavirus/COVID-19/WuFlu immunization if available?
yes 99 50.00%
no 67 33.84%
maybe 29 14.65%
other, explain below 3 1.52%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 02:11 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
With a less than 100% effectiveness the vaccine may also be nothing more than a placebo engineered to provide the illusion of safety and well being. What exactly does the vaccine do other than expose the individual to a weakened variant of that particular pharmaceutically created strain of which the injected person may not likely ever encounter again. The vaccinated individual could actually contract a significantly stronger and much more potent variant of the disease to which the body would be unable to process or defend itself.
The point is that the "weakened variant of that particular pharmaceutically created strain" is there to prime the immune system to deal with the "significantly stronger and much more potent variant of the disease". That is the reason for vaccination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Boy are you staying busy - and doing a great job here on the forum!

My wife is still not well as the virus turned off her donor bone marrow. We're about 10 weeks into it and she still needs supports like procrit and neupogen. She gets a Covid 19 AB test with her labs next week.

Thanks for your concern.
Thanks for the compliment, and I hope she continues to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Another way forward would be with a treatment that might stop the illness in its tracks, but may not confer long lasting immunity.

https://neurosciencenews.com/coronav...ntibody-16335/
Good to see some encouraging news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I get a flu shot sometimes, and sometimes I don't. Not really an anti-vaxx thing, just accept the way viruses and sickness work. Flu shots are an educated guess every year, and so too will be the vaccine for COVID.
I do not understand why people keep assuming that SARS-CoV-2 will act like a flu virus. It is an entirely different virus and there is no reason to expect that it will be necessary to reformulate a vaccine annually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
We need safe vaccines, not ones contaminated with an assortment of animal viruses and additives. I don't understand why some enterprising pharmaceutical company can't create one. They'd corner the vaccine market.

Unless the goal is depopulation. Then it all makes sense.
Poppycock.

What "animal viruses" and "additives" are you whinging about?

It is necessary to include at least part of the virus in order to generate an immune response, and the "additives" help the vaccine work better. Any "additives" used are known not to be harmful and are there in very tiny amounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 09:30 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
the goal is depopulation. Then it all makes sense.
Depopulation is what you get when you forgo vaccination. To each their own

Old 06-01-2020, 09:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Yep.

We should put the antivaxxer leaders on their own island and drop barrels containing polio and measels.
As long as we drop barrels of polio & measles on provax leaders too. And both islands had the same sanitation & healthcare amenities, minus the vaccines for the antivax, of course. Wish we had that island 26 years ago.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:10 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Depopulation is what you get when you forgo vaccination. To each their own
Funny, people have been living until their 80s-100s for centuries before vaccines.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:11 AM

Funny, the poll kinda mirrors the topic at hand. I wish that maybe and other weren't options to get a clearer view.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:28 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Funny, people have been living until their 80s-100s for centuries before vaccines.
Not typically until very late in our history. And eradication of infectious disease has had huge positive impacts on longevity in the 3rd world the last half of the 20th century.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:09 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The point is that the "weakened variant of that particular pharmaceutically created strain" is there to prime the immune system to deal with the "significantly stronger and much more potent variant of the disease". That is the reason for vaccination.
Yet an unintended consequence would cause the strain to mutate such that its strength potential multiplies many times over in an effort to defend itself and take all host organisms down with it in a valiant, exceptionally executed, and most importantly successful, effort to cure itself. All initiated with a vaccine...

It has happened before. Study the super strains that have rendered anti bacterial agents, soaps, etc. useless.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Google the word sarcasm.
I find it interesting you are ignoring that the antivaxxer movement actually does kill people.

Hav a excalent daye. yess reely.

Really, how many people does it "kill"? A recent year before there were vaccines available was 1950. No Polio vax & no Measles vax.

Stats came from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsus/vsus_1950_1.pdf

In the US in 1950, the death rate from Polio was 1.3 per 100,000 & for Measles, it was 0.5 per 100,000 (page 229). No vaccines.

That is way lower than heart disease (355.5) that we don't have a vaccine for. Lower than accidents (60.6) that we don't have a vaccine for. Lower than Cirrhosis (9.2) that we don't have a vaccine for. Lower than homicide (5.3) that we don't have a vaccine for & lower than childbirth (2.0) that we don't have a vaccine for.

Compared to the death rate from just one alleged vaccine injury; SIDS, which was 35.4 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/sids/data.htm

Not to mention you are still free to vaccinate yourself, which should, according probably to you; protect you from Polio & Measles. Who & what is really killing people here again?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Just because people decide not to take the covid vaccine doesn't mean they're anti-vaxx.

You do realize, this, right?
You are absolutely correct. A lot of people who consider themselves provax are leery of a new, rushed, covid vaccine.

Unfortunately, this is not how the provaccine agenda works. You are not allowed to question safety, or make personal decisions, based on your own medical history. You will be labeled antivaccine, unless the sheer numbers of those who decline can swing it.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
You are absolutely correct. A lot of people who consider themselves provax are leery of a new, rushed, covid vaccine.

Unfortunately, this is not how the provaccine agenda works. You are not allowed to question safety, or make personal decisions, based on your own medical history. You will be labeled antivaccine, unless the sheer numbers of those who decline can swing it.
I know. I've said myself in another forum that I wouldn't want my kid to take this rushed vaccine without knowing what's in it and if it has side effects, but I'm good with the other scheduled vaccines for my kid.

I automatically got called an anti-vaxxer because I wouldn't be the first in line to get my kid with the COVID vaccine. It's like critical thinking goes out the window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies