Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 09:33 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not really. He takes a personal viewpoint of the flag that does not encompass all American. To paint it entirely as a symbol of military duty is a disservice to Americans that did not serve. He needs to widen his horizons and talk to teammates about their differing viewpoint. But he obviously has not bothered. These are guys that helped him become a multimilliomaire. It’s clear that he is dead set in his opinion and hasn’t bother recaching out to them to discuss.
Drew Brees doesn’t “need”to do anything. Who are YOU tell him what he “needs” to do? You’re funny Mr. Internet Big Guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,811 posts, read 4,696,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Didn’t Drew also get suckered for some diamonds and fall for a pyramid scheme?

Kneeling was never about disrespecting the flag and that’s why his teammates are telling him to **** right now.
It doesn't matter what Kaep thought he was doing. People think it's disrespectful. People who have fought for this country & seen friends and family die fighting for this country. If you can't respect that feeling then don't expect respect for what you want to believe in.

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
I am continually avoiding the issue? Really do tell how do you know anything about what I have done in this regard?

And guess what, there have been countless vets who have spoken up that they DON’T support kneeling during the National Anthem and think it’s unpatriotic and disrespectful. Let’s go all tit for tat on this why don’t we?

Oh and by the way, no one said he doesn’t have the RIGHT to kneel. He absolutely does, you know free country and all that (thank you vets and active duty). That is NOT the issue and you know it.
I meant the 'royal' you....folks who focus on kneeling as some kind of insult to veterans etc.....forget where the kneeling came from.

And yeah exactly what I said --- the idea of the kneeling as being unpatriotic or not is debatable. Your post here supports my point.

It is a debatable thing.

And it has become a right vs. left thing.......because Trump made it that.

Yes he has the right to kneel and many vets support and don't object to his kneeling and yes lots don't support it.

So its debatable.

Kap wanted to make a statement. It was suggested to him by a vet that kneeling would be a better expression of his protest against how people of color are treated in this country.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The NFL players I saw tonight weren't outraged or hurling insults at Brees -- disappointed yes.
Who cares? He has a right to his opinion as do they.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
It doesn't matter what Kaep thought he was doing. People think it's disrespectful. People who have fought for this country & seen friends and family die fighting for this country. If you can't respect that feeling then don't expect respect for what you want to believe in.
SOME people thought it was and the PResident stoked the flames.

If Trump had chosen to express his dislike of the kneeling as a form of protest and then invited Kaep to the White Hosue with other community leaders to address the problem.....EVERYTHING would have changed and Trump could really take some credit for trying to do more for the Black community.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:35 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Its my belief that Kap belongs in the League.
Statistics say he would make a serviceable 3rd string backup making league minimum, and every NFL team's marketing and accounting departments have told every owner that even as a 3rd string at league minimum costs them 10s of $millions in lost revenue based on his baggage.

Given that utterly marginal on the field upside, and the epic marketing and franchise branding downside...no, he really doesn't belong in the league.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:36 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Considering he plays for a team found quilts of targeting other teams quartbacks that would be quite ironic
Tell me more about the quilts they found.
BTW, Bountygate was BS.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
He also takes a personal viewpoint of military service that does not encompass all Americans. That’s entirely disrespectful to black vets, especially those who gave their lives. Same goes for all of those who share his viewpoint.
Exactly how is he disrespecting black vets?

Old 06-03-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I meant the 'royal' you....folks who focus on kneeling as some kind of insult to veterans etc.....forget where the kneeling came from.

And yeah exactly what I said --- the idea of the kneeling as being unpatriotic or not is debatable. Your post here supports my point.

It is a debatable thing.

And it has become a right vs. left thing.......because Trump made it that.

Yes he has the right to kneel and many vets support and don't object to his kneeling and yes lots don't support it.

So its debatable.

Kap wanted to make a statement. It was suggested to him by a vet that kneeling would be a better expression of his protest against how people of color are treated in this country.
So if it’s debatable there is no right or wrong opinion. Just opposing opinions. Right?

Old 06-03-2020, 09:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Tell me more about the quilts they found.
BTW, Bountygate was BS.
I saw the playoffs. They kept hitting Warner and Fabre after the whistle. It was cheap shots. But sometimes refs swallow the whistle in post season. Not bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies