Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 07:18 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
If new cases of COVID-19 don't spike in the coming days due to all the protesters not practicing 'Social Distancing', yelling and screaming without wearing masks, spiting on others, etc, the Lockdown will be proven to have been a malicious deception perpetrated upon all US citizens by the Left, supported by their puppets in the MSM, in order to tank the economy as yet another attempt to discredit President Trump before the Primary Election later this year.
Where is Dr. Chicken Little Fauci warning of the grave dangers of millions of people together coughing in each others faces whilst looting. Actually if may benefit Republicans that so many Democrats are gathered spreading covid amongst themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 10:05 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,702,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

I'm less interested in cases, I wanna see if we see actual sick people this time. Then I'll take it serious.
107,000 dead Americans isn't enough? You want pictures too?

Old 06-04-2020, 10:08 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Where is Dr. Chicken Little Fauci warning of the grave dangers of millions of people together coughing in each others faces whilst looting. Actually if may benefit Republicans that so many Democrats are gathered spreading covid amongst themselves.
Good point! WTH is he? Or scarf lady? We were warned that we were taking our lives in our hands if we went to the grocery store and stood less than 6 feet away, and now....radio silence.

If we don’t see a MAJOR spike in cases, I say we skip all the phase 1, phase 2, phase 3 stuff and open right up. Only people to remain isolated should be those over 75.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:11 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
Not a fraud necessarily as the raw death rates in the NYC area were double normal for the month of April but I do believe the virus is losing its potency and becoming less lethal per the steady and then sharp decline in death rates in that area.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:19 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
OMG, guess what, people die of viruses every year.

Except, they dont die from alcohol poisoning and it's counted as a COVID death.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:46 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I want proof that that number is accurate. If the hospitals were never overwhelmed at any time, yet deaths are this high, then I want to see a paper trail, and see that 107,000 people were actually buried or cremated that wouldn't have been during the same period. The numbers on all the websites are just that, numbers. Any idiot with access can go in and add 5 here, 10 there, 1000 this other place.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
It doesnt really matter now, the damage is already done.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
YESSSS! I have been saying that lately.

so here in Chicago, we just got into the next phase 3. Started Wednesday.

Phase 5 where big groups like protestors can come back then, which might be a year from now.

however, ironically, the protestors and rioters have jumped us into phase 5 now.

If nothing happens, then we know that the warnings were overboard and Fauci is full of ****e.

I think Fauci is full of ****e anyway since he kept on changing his view like on masks and such.

I have a feeling nothing worse will happen and I too think this whole precautions is overboard.

But everyone is fearful of everything as if the whole nation is a leper colony.

the news proclaims a climate of fear and stay home under house arrest without an ankle bracelet.

that is why people are scared.

One disclaimer - I do believe the face masks and social distancing did help, but I believe we adults know how to handle risk and how to handle our behaviors.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:12 AM

634 posts, read 897,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Get ready for all the news articles saying that there's a huge spike in cases. Even though that makes zero sense because I doubt a bunch of young gen z/millennials are in a rush to get tested, so you'll know its BS when you see it.

I'm less interested in cases, I wanna see if we see actual sick people this time. Then I'll take it serious.
Pretty much this. The MSM continues to bend/spin the story daily to fit the latest narrative, even more so if you live in a blue state/city. Stick with Fox and Breitbart and you'll be fine. Better yet, I find Aljazeera to be far more thorough and informative than America media, especially if you want international perspective. The way the virus is spreading in the 2nd/3rd worlds will give a much clearer picture on what's going on, rather than through the political lens all the time.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:56 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,880,794 times
Just gonna cut n paste my own post that no one cares about, I guess. This is why it's aggravating to the "facts and data" crowd. I am not providing opinion and politics. I am simply stating the obvious, and I don't know how anyone can argue it. But this is WHY there will be no huge spike. And also why it means nothing about the previous 3 months.

Who dies from COVID? Old people. And who is protesting? NOT old people.

Who gets SICK from COVID? All people. But few show symptoms.
Who gets TESTED from COVID? People with symptoms.
How many get tested? As many and as fast as the tests allow...

Will there / can there - be a spike - based on an existing 20K new cases confirmed per day? Ya think that's fake too? Maybe we test positive for strep, so we write COVID?

There will be no noticeable spike - because if ALL the protesters got sick, very few would take a test, fewer still would die, and the vulnerable folks that they ultimately kill will be but a blip on 20K...since we can't do tests any faster than we're doing them.

Use logic, people. Not politics. Math. Not emotion. Data. Not BS.

I guess if this isn't making sense to you - can you calmly and rationally express your assumptions regarding REAL numbers and what you thought would happen / what you thought you'd see / if this was "bad?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies