Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 12:41 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if I thought liberals would shut their face if they got their way, I would take them down myself. but since they do nothing but whine nonstop about everything, I want this to take as long as possible. I want these symbols you feel are racist to stay up because u mad bro
It's just getting started. This might turn into an avalanche soon. People like me will never keep our mouth shut until they all come down. Many of these cities where Confederate statues are, they are majority Black now, as is Richmond. What are you going to do when ALL of them come down within the next year. What then?

Old 06-06-2020, 12:45 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Lee was a traitor to his own country. He was sworn to protect the USA. He had a choice. Serve the USA, or serve the Confederates. He picked the Confederates.

By the way, as wrong as cheating on your wife is, it's a far lesser problem than OWNING SLAVES. Robert E. Lee owned slaves. He even said that slavery was good for Blacks. He fought for the Confederates, whom their main goal was to keep slavery. That is why the southern states wanted secession. They wanted slavery to be kept and they feared its ending. Robert E. Lee picked the wrong side to fight for, in addition to being a slave owner. Same goes for Jefferson Davis.

Dr. King might have cheated on his wife, and that was wrong. At the same time, he did far more for this country than Lee did. Dr. King stood up to Jim Crow, stood up to the discrimination that was going on in America. He helped get some laws changed. I'm more thankful to King than I will ever be to Lee. I hate Robert E. Lee.
he's dead, so your hate means nothing. lee has cities and counties named after him all over the country. no way you'll get rid of those, and this anger will eat you up inside. lee had slaves, and so did half the country at that time. half the country wasn't cheating on their wife in the 60's. womanizing human being MLK did though.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
It's just getting started. This might turn into an avalanche soon. People like me will never keep our mouth shut until they all come down. Many of these cities where Confederate statues are, they are majority Black now, as is Richmond. What are you going to do when ALL of them come down within the next year. What then?
seems like the damage is already done. a statue has ruined you for life. plenty of stuff still named after lee in the state. you nazi liberals can destroy art all you want. we know the future you want.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
he's dead, so your hate means nothing. lee has cities and counties named after him all over the country. no way you'll get rid of those, and this anger will eat you up inside. lee had slaves, and so did half the country at that time. half the country wasn't cheating on their wife in the 60's. womanizing human being MLK did though.
1) What are you going to do when places named for Lee start getting renamed? Just admit it, you like Robert E. Lee because you wish the South had won.

2) Alot more people were cheating on their wives than you would think. Many just never spoke about it. You'll cheer for a slaveowner, but you consider the person who cheated on his wife (and yes, that was wrong too) to be worse than the slave owner. That says more about how morally corrupt your mindset it.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
seems like the damage is already done. a statue has ruined you for life. plenty of stuff still named after lee in the state. you nazi liberals can destroy art all you want. we know the future you want.
Again, you still haven't answered the question. What are YOU going to do when everthing named for Confederates gets renamed, and Confederate monuments get torn down? What then? What are you going to do? Answer???

Old 06-06-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
1) What are you going to do when places named for Lee start getting renamed? Just admit it, you like Robert E. Lee because you wish the South had won.

2) Alot more people were cheating on their wives than you would think. Many just never spoke about it. You'll cheer for a slaveowner, but you consider the person who cheated on his wife (and yes, that was wrong too) to be worse than the slave owner. That says more about how morally corrupt your mindset it.
I was born 10 minutes from canada, and my family is from a state WAY up north. I'm actually not a huge fan of the south to be honest. I think I like it better than whiners though. and again, they've already renamed street signs and such. but entire towns and counties? I don't know how that is possible. at least not in my lifetime. they renamed a school here in town, but everyone still calls it Lee. it's like a girl that identifies as a boy, but everyone still knows she's a girl.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:54 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Lee led troops into battle against the United States of America and is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. It shouldn`t be that hard to understand the difference between Lee and George Washington or any other slave owner.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Again, you still haven't answered the question. What are YOU going to do when everthing named for Confederates gets renamed, and Confederate monuments get torn down? What then? What are you going to do? Answer???
you literally just asked the question. I am going to do nothing. I'm not overemotional over a statue or a flag.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I was born 10 minutes from canada, and my family is from a state WAY up north. I'm actually not a huge fan of the south to be honest. I think I like it better than whiners though. and again, they've already renamed street signs and such. but entire towns and counties? I don't know how that is possible. at least not in my lifetime. they renamed a school here in town, but everyone still calls it Lee. it's like a girl that identifies as a boy, but everyone still knows she's a girl.
In short, you have no dogfight in this, but you're being spiteful for the fun of it.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Lee led troops into battle against the United States of America and is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. It shouldn`t be that hard to understand the difference between Lee and George Washington or any other slave owner.
every single drop of blood from the civil war is on lincoln's hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies