Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 12:21 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
that the governor is a racist, the vice governor is a rapist, and protesters are whiners.
Well, none of that negates this: Confederate statues need to come down, period.

If you refer to protesters as "whiners", then that tells alot of people how morally bankrupt and disgusting your mentality is. I get have a problem with rioters. Protesters, if you have a problem with them, well, that says more about YOU than anything.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:21 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I grew up hearing "heritage, not hate". To me that is a load of bull feces. If it was southern heritage, then said persons need to consider this. 56% of America's Black population lives in the South. This means a majority of Black Americans are southerners. And most Black Americans, regardless of where they live, have southern roots. I notice Black people aren't referring to the Confederate flag as part of their southern heritage. I notice alot of Black people view the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism. If it was really about southern heritage, wouldn't it be a uniting symbol, something all southerners regardless of race would cherish?
is anyone telling black people to fly the confederate flag? the confederates did lose the war. the falcons lost the super bowl. do you expect falcons fans to wear patriot hats?

Old 06-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Well, none of that negates this: Confederate statues need to come down, period.

If you refer to protesters as "whiners", then that tells alot of people how morally bankrupt and disgusting your mentality is. I get have a problem with rioters. Protesters, if you have a problem with them, well, that says more about YOU than anything.
all statues need to come down. MLK was a womanizing monster. protesters are the biggest group of losers this country has ever seen, and I love watching them get destroyed. the are literally worthless, and I hope every last one of them gets coronavirus.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
is anyone telling black people to fly the confederate flag? the confederates did lose the war. the falcons lost the super bowl. do you expect falcons fans to wear patriot hats?
You don't get it, do you. I just got done say a majority of Blacks are southerners. Why are they flying Confederate flags? Ask yourself that. Or do you not care?

Old 06-06-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
You don't get it, do you. I just got done say a majority of Blacks are southerners. Why are they flying Confederate flags? Ask yourself that. Or do you not care?
they are flying it because they are racists. and no, I don't care.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
all statues need to come down. MLK was a womanizing monster. protesters are the biggest group of losers this country has ever seen, and I love watching them get destroyed. the are literally worthless, and I hope every last one of them gets coronavirus.
No, all Confederates need to come down. The Confederate cause was a horrible cause, period. Comparing Robert E. Lee to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr is stupid. Dr. King did more to make sure EVERYONE in America had the same rights than Lee ever did. Lee fought for the Confederates. Anyone who trying to make the false equivalency between Dr. King and Robert E. Lee has a deeper problem, and it's not ignorance.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
No, all Confederates need to come down. The Confederate cause was a horrible cause, period. Comparing Robert E. Lee to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr is stupid. Dr. King did more to make sure EVERYONE in America had the same rights than Lee ever did. Lee fought for the Confederates. Anyone who trying to make the false equivalency between Dr. King and Robert E. Lee has a deeper problem, and it's not ignorance.
I am not comparing them. lee was actually good at what he did. there's a reason he was given the opportunity to lead the union. MLK wasn't good at what he did, unless his job was to cheat on his wife.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
they are flying it because they are racists. and no, I don't care.
Then if you know that the Confederate flag is a racist symbol, then what's with your sarcastic comments towards the Lee statue being taken down? Your sarcasm is a sign that you don't want it to come down. Explain your reason for wanting Lee's statue to stay in public view and for flying the Confederate flag to be alright.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Then if you know that the Confederate flag is a racist symbol, then what's with your sarcastic comments towards the Lee statue being taken down? Your sarcasm is a sign that you don't want it to come down. Explain your reason for wanting Lee's statue to stay in public view and for flying the Confederate flag to be alright.
if I thought liberals would shut their face if they got their way, I would take them down myself. but since they do nothing but whine nonstop about everything, I want this to take as long as possible. I want these symbols you feel are racist to stay up because u mad bro

Old 06-06-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I am not comparing them. lee was actually good at what he did. there's a reason he was given the opportunity to lead the union. MLK wasn't good at what he did, unless his job was to cheat on his wife.
Lee was a traitor to his own country. He was sworn to protect the USA. He had a choice. Serve the USA, or serve the Confederates. He picked the Confederates.

By the way, as wrong as cheating on your wife is, it's a far lesser problem than OWNING SLAVES. Robert E. Lee owned slaves. He even said that slavery was good for Blacks. He fought for the Confederates, whom their main goal was to keep slavery. That is why the southern states wanted secession. They wanted slavery to be kept and they feared its ending. Robert E. Lee picked the wrong side to fight for, in addition to being a slave owner. Same goes for Jefferson Davis.

Dr. King might have cheated on his wife, and that was wrong. At the same time, he did far more for this country than Lee did. Dr. King stood up to Jim Crow, stood up to the discrimination that was going on in America. He helped get some laws changed. I'm more thankful to King than I will ever be to Lee. I hate Robert E. Lee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies