Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 04:58 PM

5,028 posts, read 7,230,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That just makes me shake my head. Have black and brown students been assaulted by SROs? Are all the SROs white?
Perhaps we need to go back to segregation. Black schools with black/brown SROs and black/brown police officers in black/brown communities, white schools with white SROs and white officers in white communities. Wonder if everyone would feel safe then.

Honestly, this is the only viable solution. Fund all school districts equally to avoid another Brown vs The Board of Education disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 05:04 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Social workers to respond to suspected mental health issues
Police with non-lethal weapons for routine patrol
Police with lethal weapons for responding to violent situations

More like the U.K. model.
UK model in a society where anyone can get a gun (legal or illegal gun)??

Good luck trying to convince anybody stupid enough to work as an unarmed cop in America. Oh heck! Good luck trying to convince anybody to join LE in this day and age.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:08 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Yeah good luck with that. I hope all the police unions around the nation remember which political party’s politicians are regularly opposing them and in some cases calling for them to be disbanded. Remember that when election time comes and they’re now asking the police union for their money and support.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:10 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
I only feel sorry for the people who didn't vote those clowns into office. If they are smart they'd leave.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:14 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's anarchy...what liberals really want America to become, is communist through and through.

I'm torn - I'm sitting here in the Twin Cities proper and don't want to get the hell out of here, but communist liberals have taken over every inch of this once-decent town. I honestly hate liberalism for ruining my town - I hate them with every shred of my being. They destroyed my town - the town my parents and family gave their blood to build.
I am seriously scared civil war or anarchy is coming; and I'm hardly a fearful sort, I don't lock my door when I walk the dog for example, I sleep with windows open, but I am now getting scared.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:20 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I hear DV is the worst because the abused party can turn on you any instant and they rarely press charges anyway
Yes, that.

Domestic issues are emotional and highly volatile situations. Thanks to OJ Simpson, domestic-related assault will result in an arrest if there is enough probable cause. Desire to press charges from the victim is not required.

In addition, it is their home and their world and they know where to get a weapon (knife, gun, baseball bat, etc).

DV is such a common call for cops so it is very easy to get complacent. If you are a cop and you work swing and night shift, expect 7 out of 10 calls are domestic related.

You add all of that factors and DV can be extremely dangerous for cops and the parties involved.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:35 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
this is the mentality we’re dealing with:

https://twitter.com/MattFinnFNC/stat...17383214497792

Old 06-05-2020, 05:37 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is the mentality we’re dealing with:

https://twitter.com/MattFinnFNC/stat...17383214497792
Please tell me this is a prank. Please. "if you feel threatened"...erm...ok...
#kms

Old 06-05-2020, 06:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
With the mass exodus from the big cities, the Leftys will inadvertently increase my home value down here in a suburb of Fort Lauderdale.

Plus... I'm a 1/2 mile from the beach, so if all the predictions from the Greens pan out - I'll even have beachfront property soon!!!

Aren't the Leftys great!?

Yes indeed! I've been worrying about the value of my home because I'm in a situation that could mean moving within the next year or two, but I'll bet you're right. As the hordes decide to get the heck outta Dodge, my home's value might go crazy high, being in a quiet small town about 65 miles from the city.

Lol at your new beachfront property!

Old 06-05-2020, 06:50 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Social workers to respond to suspected mental health issues
Police with non-lethal weapons for routine patrol
Police with lethal weapons for responding to violent situations

More like the U.K. model.
Uh, no! We live in a country with more guns than people. You can’t disarm us and then disarm or defund police! It’s ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies