Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 11:19 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive said more than once, that instead of calling police for drug crimes, people should actually be calling the CDC or someone more qualified, police are just going to search for the drugs and arrest as needed, this has not been effective at all.
So if your neighbor is cooking meth in their kitchen and selling it to middle school kids the CDC is going to go over there and tell them how bad it is for your health and that will take care of it?

Why havent we been doing that all along?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 11:20 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
I dunno. Crime in bad sections be they white trash populated trailer parks or black populated ghettoes is already so bad, and no citizen security happening, I don't see it happening then. This is the first time in my life -I'm aged 56- I've actually been worried about society falling apart as in a true civil war, or worse, total anarchy.
Crime today is nothing compared to when we were growing up. See how the news misleads us? If you’re 56, you lived through much worse crime than we have today, but the 24/7 news cycle makes it seem worse now.

Last edited by katygirl68; 06-05-2020 at 11:32 AM..

Old 06-05-2020, 11:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Minneapolis City Council Proposes to Replace Police With "social workers"

Simply more ineffectual leftist lunacy.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So if your neighbor is cooking meth in their kitchen and selling it to middle school kids the CDC is going to go over there and tell them how bad it is for your health and that will take care of it?

Why havent we been doing that all along?

Sure! Sounds like it'll work fine!

1,742 posts, read 959,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What would happen is that the people with money would invest in their pwn police force and the people without money i.e. the inner city blacks, would suffer tremendous crime increases.

Liberals are beyond stupid.
Kind of like Mexico and other second/third world countries with corrupt, inefficient governments who cannot or will not keep order or ensure a peaceful environment for their citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
So, who would have responded in this new scenario to the George Floyd situation? It seems to me, if an unarmed Social Worker shows up to what is supposed to be a non-violent situation and it gets violent, the Social Worker would be in a world of danger. If a cop shows up as back-up so is already on the scene, then the whole purpose of them not being there is thrown out the window. If the fact that the Cops shear presence heightens tension is true.

So maybe spend more money on cops and their training so they are better equipped to handle situations. Maybe spend more money on screening so people who really shouldn't be cops aren't being hired as one.

Maybe more free counseling for the community and more people who can point people into the right direction so that they can find help for better training, better jobs, more schooling, etc. and encourage and incentivize private companies to provide funding so that the cycle of dependence and brokenness can be broken.

cd :O)
Or maybe remove cops who have 12 police brutality complaints against them. Isn’t that what this guy had?

Old 06-05-2020, 11:24 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive said more than once, that instead of calling police for drug crimes, people should actually be calling the CDC or someone more qualified, police are just going to search for the drugs and arrest as needed, this has not been effective at all.
Why don’t we just provide all the drugs they want for free? It’s the root of most crime anyway.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think they know what they want to do. You know the rest of us can read too. Not sure why some of you want us to accept your interpretation instead of the actual words we read.
“We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department and replace it with a transformative new model of public safety,” Bender tweeted.

she envisions replacing a traditional police department with a broader, more holistic public safety department geared toward violence prevention and community services. Bender told the paper. “We need white people like me and my neighbors to show up in a different way.”

Mayor Jacob Frey said he’d support “deep, structural reforms” to the department but not a complete abolishment of the agency, the paper reported. And support for such a vision among Council members is not yet clear.

Anyway dont they already have programs? Exactly what additional programs do they want to spend money on?
Oh well, you know how the mind of a Trump supporter is a dark place (as mentioned twice in this thread). Lol, this from the people who think we should abolish ICE, defund police, gender is a social construct, biological men who believe they are women magically become qualified to compete in athletic competitions with biological women, and life begins only after traveling through the birth canal. Oh, and Joe Biden is not senile.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post
It really is! I was sort of trapped listening to a Trump apologist blather (there's honestly no other word for it) and while I kept inching away, trying to leave without being rude, all I was thinking was "This mind is very strange place where unusual things happen."

Funny, the inverse happened to me when I accepted a ride with a leftist neighbor, with whom I'd had enough conversation to have expressed that I lean right but believed that we could get along fine if we simply didn't get into political discussions. I was a captive to her shrieking anti-Trump screed for a half-hour each way. Works both ways, sugar.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:30 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
"Social workers or medics could respond to situations once handled by police, she said."

Someone please explain to me how this will work?
Yes, you arm them with a .40 caliber, a Monadock, a taser and [the real] pepper spray, and equip them with Kevlar vests.

Then, have SWAT on stand-by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies