Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 09:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
This is because you are a rational person whose thoughts and decisions are based on statistics and facts as opposed to feelings and desires. If the last three weeks has shown us anything, we are not dealing with rational people.
Aaand boom goes the dynamite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 09:47 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It does not matter who is stealing the products. The people being punished are the people who are not stealing....and that is black customers who are not thieves, which are the vast majority of blacks.
Yep. Now, explain to me why they are not calling out the black thieves that are stealing these products in the first place? You know, the a-holes causing them all this grief and anguish.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:05 AM

16 posts, read 4,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Does walmart lock them up because they are racist or because they understand their stock control and theft rates?

We all know the answer.
Common sense is something that many SJWs are often devoid of.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:08 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
It does not matter who is stealing the products. The people being punished are the people who are not stealing....and that is black customers who are not thieves, which are the vast majority of blacks.
That's right and you should be mad at your neighbors, not Walmart. It's your neighbors stealing that led to Walmart locking up stuff.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:15 AM

16 posts, read 4,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The appearance of the policy is perceived to be racist by people predisposed to find racism where none exists. We agree on that.

The actual policy is based purely on loss prevention statistics gathered from actual theft/spoilage/spillage data collected at the ground level which totally disregards race and all other demographic data for customers. Thus, even if the only products targeted for lock-up happen to be those products that are popular with black American consumers, neither the data nor the people analyzing it knew or cared about those demographics when the policy was created and put into effect. All they did know was that some set of products leads the loss stats for theft, and those products should have theft prevention measures taken to reduce loss.

It only becomes "racist" once somebody subjectively decides that based on near total lack of relevant policy making data and business logic, and then proclaims it to be racist based entirely on appearance.

In this loss prevention case, racism is an invention of the easily disgruntled observer, not the intent or action of the retailer seeking to reduce loss to theft. And I think that is where we disagree, and always will.

You are of the mindset that if you perceive it to be racist, then it is, that was exactly what the "perpetrator of racism" intended, and that's that. Your perception becomes the fact. Thus, you see the appearance of racism in locking up certain products as racist, therefore it is racist. Perception DOES alter facts.

I am of the mindset that just because someone perceives of something one way does not change the facts as they are. I see the locking up of certain products as a result of basic data analysis and common business sense, and if that so happens to appear to uninformed observers as racist, it doesn't alter the fact that at no point was race ever part of the retailer's loss prevention strategy. Perception DOES NOT alter facts.

We see perception vs facts totally differently.
This might be more of a conspiracy theorist thing but I don't doubt that maybe some Walmart store practices are intended to be racist. However, going with what you said, somethings that are seen as racist are not actually racist.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:25 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep. Now, explain to me why they are not calling out the black thieves that are stealing these products in the first place? You know, the a-holes causing them all this grief and anguish.
Who are they? You think I know them?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Who are they? You think I know them?
You never answered my last post to you on the previous page.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:28 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You never answered my last post to you on the previous page.
Ah i never get answers - because I present facts-- nothing new in CD - pfft

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That's right and you should be mad at your neighbors, not Walmart. It's your neighbors stealing that led to Walmart locking up stuff.
My Neighbors....lol. You know something about my neighbor that I don't?

How about this. I will call out all these black people when white people call out and condemn their racist parents, grand parents, great gramps, etc, for all the PAIN AND SUFFERING THEIR ATTITUDES CAUSED.

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItIsNotSo1 View Post
This might be more of a conspiracy theorist thing but I don't doubt that maybe some Walmart store practices are intended to be racist. However, going with what you said, somethings that are seen as racist are not actually racist.
Put yourself in the shoes of a WalMart executive whose compensation is based on how well your store/region/corporation performs. Would it make sense to you to institute a policy that is not supported by data, and instead is just your way of being mean to a rather sizable portion of the consumer base because you just don't like them? Having a lower bonus, lower dividend, fewer promotions, lower stock price when you exercise your options, etc...all of that is worth sticking it to the black people because why not?

Does that behavior make even the tiniest bit of sense to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies