Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 10:58 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’ve TWICE now listed the top products locked up in stores. Black hair care is just one of the many items locked up. Shall I list all the other products YET again for you, or do you want to simply go a page or two back to refresh your memory?

You are being intellectually dishonest around smart people. Don’t do that. You make yourself look cheap and unworthy of discussion when you do.
I never said black products are locked up exclusively. With people like you....its all about showing that "its not just blacks". Again, however, when you are talking about things like out of wedlock births....you NEVER try to show that "its not just blacks". You just want to hammer us with that negative...wanting us to OWN it because it happens to us more than whites. However, in a case like this....you are not willing or wanting it to be seen as impacting blacks MORE. However, you would have no problem of wanting it to be known the out of wedlock births impact blacks more. Why the difference? The answer is because whites want to show that blacks are causing their own problems (which is why they do not mention white out of wedlock births), but they DON'T want it shown that blacks are facing more problems/obstacles than others (which would contradict that blacks are causing their own problems.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 11:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Pregnancy tests
Nicotine patches and gum
Lighters
Tobacco products (some other laws on that in addition to theft)
Toilet paper
Face masks
The list goes on and on yet we have IS whining - literally whining - because black women have to wait in line to buy their hair care along with white women buying baby formula, Mexicans buying condoms, Hawaiians buying nicotine patches, Chinese buying cigarettes, Colombians buying allergy medication, Laotians buying toilet paper ... and on and on.

Some people just have too many flaws to correct.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I never said black products are locked up exclusively. With people like you....its all about showing that "its not just blacks". Again, however, when you are talking about things like out of wedlock births....you NEVER try to show that "its not just blacks". You just want to hammer us with that negative...wanting us to OWN it because it happens to us more than whites. However, in a case like this....you are not willing or wanting it to be seen as impacting blacks MORE. However, you would have no problem of wanting it to be known the out of wedlock births impact blacks more. Why the difference? The answer is because whites want to show that blacks are causing their own problems (which is why they do not mention white out of wedlock births), but they DON'T want it shown that blacks are facing more problems/obstacles than others (which would contradict that blacks are causing their own problems.).
I’m not reading this attempt on your behalf to backslide from the topic on hand. Nice try, Mr. Wordy.

You are plain wrong. You’ve been proven wrong by multiple people here. Your pride is preventing you from just admitting you are wrong and shutting up about it. From here forward I will simply laugh at your windmilling.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No, what we have here is an entity (or entities) charged with maintaining the highest possible profitability for a retail operation that operates on a razor thin profit margin on its best day, and lowering cost is part of profitability, such as the cost associated with inventory loss due to theft.

The fact that some segment of shoppers is inconvenienced by a loss prevention policy is not the purpose of the policy. The policy is specifically to reduce loss due to theft. The perception by the consumer, after the number of thefts created the data and the data created the policy, is incidental.

It isn't a coincidence though. The products that are targeted to be locked up to prevent theft are, I guarantee, the products that are stolen the most. The thefts drive the data, the data drives the loss prevention solution. You seem to be going to great lengths to avoid the fact that the product and how often that product is stolen is what objectively determines which products get locked up.

But the policy isn't racist. It is a data driven, data supported solution to a problem related to profitability, namely cost due to loss. You perceive it as racist, but that's an individual, subjective opinion that denies the relevant facts.
Nothing you said contradicts or disproves what I said. Entities doing what is in their best interest just happens to hurt or burden black people more, even when the the intent of the policy or action is not malicious towards blacks.

So I will say it again. You know blacks have it bad when things work against them, more than others, when entities are not even trying to harm them more than others, but are just doing what is in the best interest of the entity.

Think about what that says for black people. Sounds or reads like racism on autopilot. Its just HABIT for America to do things that works against blacks because they do it without even thinking about it.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:04 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Larceny-theft 977,743 white 670,768 vs black 281,197

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

But we know white collar crime as PONZI, embezzlement, money laundering, MTG fraud is much more dollar amounts than petty shop lifting. I already posted in other threads the majority is done by whites! NONE of it is right- but stop pointing the finger!
So, blacks are over represented by over double in the larceny rate, lol. You are actually proving blacks steal more, a lot more, twice the rate actually which is staggering.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:06 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It has everything to do with RACE actually. This is common around here in many stores, people have just grown to tolerate and accept it.

Many of our stores that happen to be in mainly 'black' parts of town, have VERY high security, most have full bullet proof glass surrounding the cashiers station, many 'high theft' items are kept behind the counter, and not out on the sales floor, but stores in 'nice upper class white areas', have none of this security.

Our stores in the upper class white areas are held up frequently too, but you will never see the type of security measures put in that stores in black areas have.
They're locked up because rates of theft and most categories of crime are much higher in majority black neighborhoods.

Curiously, the crime rate in Appalachia is under the national average overall, and particularly in violent crimes. This is probably one of the reasons that the sharper social scientists never cite poverty as a cause of crime.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indentured servant View Post
nothing you said contradicts or disproves what i said. Entities doing what is in their best interest just happens to hurt or burden black people more, even when the the intent of the policy or action is not malicious towards blacks.

So i will say it again. You know blacks have it bad when things work against them, more than others, when entities are not even trying to harm them more than others, but are just doing what is in the best interest of the entity.

Think about what that says for black people.
hahahaha.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:07 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nothing you said contradicts or disproves what I said. Entities doing what is in their best interest just happens to hurt or burden black people more, even when the the intent of the policy or action is not malicious towards blacks.

So I will say it again. You know blacks have it bad when things work against them, more than others, when entities are not even trying to harm them more than others, but are just doing what is in the best interest of the entity.

Think about what that says for black people.
Or men when they lock up the men's razors?

Oh wait, I nor any guy I know, I cannot even find an article in the MSM about it, go around crying about it. Yes, I fully admit too many men are scum and steal these razors, and fully support locking them up to reduce theft.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:10 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Crime rates buddy - what did you not understand about that phrase.
You saying the crime rate is higher in "those" areas, which the other poster suggested the poorer areas have higher crime, yet shoplifting is like rape or spouse abuse,,, has no boundaries This thread is all finger pointing to show "Blacks" forcing stores to lock up black hair products. The thread should read: Shoplifting on the rise,,, with NO mention of color.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Or men when they lock up the men's razors?

Oh wait, I nor any guy I know, I cannot even find an article in the MSM about it, go around crying about it. Yes, I fully admit too many men are scum and steal these razors, and fully support locking them up to reduce theft.
Oh wait....or whites....when they have single parent homes.....or whites....when the loot and shoot.....or whites...who commit murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies