Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 09:05 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
His obsession with perceived micro-aggressions is preventing him from living his best life. That’s the saddest fact of all.
Absolutely. He's a slave to it. What a miserable way to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 09:09 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Absolutely. He's a slave to it. What a miserable way to live.
Some day, god willing, his master will set him free.

It's a terrible thing to enslave oneself.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:12 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Some day, god willing, his master will set him free.

It's a terrible thing to enslave oneself.
He'll never be free because he doesn't understand that his master is his mind.

Yes, it's terrible. He's done more harm to himself than any white people could ever do.

But it's not my business nor my problem.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:25 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
You’re just blustering here. There is nothing remotely racist about these store policies. Just get over the fact that black people, just like white people, brown people, and yellow people sometimes have to stand in line to get products they need. You aren’t deserving of special policy here just to make your life easier.

My husband just informed me that Lowe’s keeps router bits locked up, and you need an associate to get them for you. OMG! Unfair policy against carpenters! RIOT!
Well....maybe we need another term, then, for phenomenon that just happens to burden law abiding black people more so than law abiding white people. That is what I am saying. Instead of trying to make that fit into the official definition of racism, how about just addressing that extra burden that blacks have to face? I don't give a crap what you call it or if it fits the definition of racism or not.

America is discriminatory against blacks.....even when its not trying to be. That tells you just how ingrained discrimination is in the American culture.

What about the blacks stealing the hair care products? What about the whites who are racist? What about the whites who have been racist towards blacks the last 400 years? When you become willing to live with the burdens thatwhite racist have created, past and present, for non racist whites, then, and ONLY then, should you expect me to carry the burden of criminal blacks. You don't want to pay the burdens of whites....then I should be free of the burdens created by other blacks.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:34 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....maybe we need another term, then, for phenomenon that just happens to burden law abiding black people more so than law abiding white people. That is what I am saying. Instead of trying to make that fit into the official definition of racism, how about just addressing that extra burden that blacks have to face? I don't give a crap what you call it or if it fits the definition of racism or not.

America is discriminatory against blacks.....even when its not trying to be. That tells you just how ingrained discrimination is in the American culture.

What about the blacks stealing the hair care products? What about the whites who are racist? What about the whites who have been racist towards blacks the last 400 years? When you become willing to live with the burdens that racist have created for non racist whites, then, and ONLY then, should you expect me to carry the burden of criminal blacks.
Once again you’ve gone off-topic entirely here. It really does expose your all-around grievance towards white people. You can’t ever seem to stay on a specific topic - you always go back to your “400 years of racism” any time your ideas are challenged, like your idea that black people are above being inconvenienced by needing assistance in a store to buy a secured product. You don’t seem to be able to ever absorb any new information that challenges your thesis, like the fact that people of every ethnicity and race ALSO have to get assistance to buy secured products. When you don’t hear what you want you just begin blustering your same tired lines over and over again. Your thinking is flawed and you absolutely revel in victimhood. It’s just who you are.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Once again you’ve gone off-topic entirely here. It really does expose your all-around grievance towards white people. You can’t ever seem to stay on a specific topic - you always go back to your “400 years of racism” any time your ideas are challenged, like your idea that black people are above being inconvenienced by needing assistance in a store to buy a secured product. You don’t seem to be able to ever absorb any new information that challenges your thesis, like the fact that people of every ethnicity and race ALSO have to get assistance to buy secured products. When you don’t hear what you want you just begin blustering your same tired lines over and over again. Your thinking is flawed and you absolutely revel in victimhood. It’s just who you are.
The thing is....white people don't want to pay the debts other white people created!!! Yet, you are arguing to me, in real-time, that you think it okay for blacks to be burdened with the consequences that others blacks created. You tell me that I should be getting mad at the blacks stealing and taking it up with them. When has whites gotten mad at the racist whites and assumed to take on the burdens and problems they have created....FOR CENTURIES???

Yes. I am obsessed with mentioning it because you are obsessed with trying to hide and ignore it. If you would acknowledge what whites have done and the problems it has caused.....I WOULD NOT HAVE TO.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
The thing is....white people don't want to pay the debts other white people created!!! Yet, you are arguing to me, in real-time, that you think it okay for blacks to be burdened with the consequences that others blacks created. You tell me that I should be getting mad at the blacks stealing and taking it up with them. When has whites gotten mad at the racist whites as assumed to take on the burdens and problems they have created....FOR CENTURIES!!

Yes. I am obsessed with mentioning it because you are obsessed with trying to hide and ignore it. If you would acknowledge what whites have done and the problems it has caused.....I WOULD NOT HAVE TO.
No, I’m arguing to you that you are 100% incorrect about the issue of blacks being discriminated against on the grounds that popular hair products they use are kept secure in an effort to discriminate against them. Everything else you’ve mentioned here is just made up crap you are vomiting in an effort to obfuscate from the specific topic on hand.

We are talking about hair products. HAIR PRODUCTS.

Since you’ve lost this argument out of sheer facts, you are trying to twist it another direction in order to save face. Don’t do that. You only cheapen your reputation a little more every time you attempt bullcrapping people who are smarter than you realize.

Go sit in a corner and have a good cry. It would probably be more effective at alleviating your anger than you consistently trying to pass crap off as truth here.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:48 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
The thing is....white people don't want to pay the debts other white people created!!! Yet, you are arguing to me, in real-time, that you think it okay for blacks to be burdened with the consequences that others blacks created. You tell me that I should be getting mad at the blacks stealing and taking it up with them. When has whites gotten mad at the racist whites and assumed to take on the burdens and problems they have created....FOR CENTURIES???

Well, you are just going to have to roil in your anguish because I am not going to indict myself for crimes I didn't commit and I'm not going to take on any "debt" I didn't create.

I owe you nothing. Nothing.

You and people like you can dream up every construct to indemnify white people for the failings within black society, but in the end, you're just a racist and you don't get a pass for that because you are black.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:

You're creating a massive drama out of what's really a simple issue.

Have certain items proven to be significantly more likely to be stolen? Then best to keep them more secure, no?

Obviously in that store, the other haircare products do not get stolen so frequently, so the hassle of making store associates unlock them would be more trouble than it would save.

As someone whose hair responds best to "black" haircare products (long thick curly dry hair), I'd much rather have the minor inconvenience of buzzing over a store associate than to have to pay higher costs, if they're available at all.

Also remember that theft of those items hurts the POC-owned businesses that made them.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
No, I’m arguing to you that you are 100% incorrect about the issue of blacks being discriminated against on the grounds that popular hair products they use are kept secure in an effort to discriminate against them. Everything else you’ve mentioned here is made up crap you are vomiting in an effort to obfuscate from the specific topic on hand.

We are talking about hair products. HAIR PRODUCTS.

Since you’ve lost this argument out of sheer facts, you are trying to twist it another direction in order to save face. Don’t do that. You only cheapen your reputation a little more every time you attempt bullcrapping people who are smarter than you realize.

Go sit in a corner and have a good cry. It would probably be more effective at alleviating your anger than you consistently trying to pass crap off as truth here.
What don't you understand? Burdening blacks in America is EFFORTLESS. It's HABIT. Hence, no one has to make a conscious attempt to discriminate against blacks. That has been on auto pilot for some time now. Where the conscious effort comes in is in NOT being discriminatory against blacks. That is why entities need to be cognizant that their behavior does not end up being discrimination by EFFECT, if not intent.

You keep harping on intent and effort. I am saying that what the ultimate result of the behavior is. It is that a black person who does not steal is burdened due to RACE, because the products locked up are specific to black consumer demand. I don't give a slit that these items get stolen more. Innocent black people are not stealing them. Business entities build theft into their pricing. How many customers and sales are they losing by locking these products up? I can guarantee that they have lost MANY black purchases of these products because of the inconvenience. If I walk into a store and see that the items black purchase are locked up....but similar products that whites purchase are not locked up, and I am not a thief, they have likely forever lost my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies