Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 03:56 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,655,496 times

Advertisements

The store isn't racist. It is Bayesian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not a black women either. I am a black man. Black men use black hair care products too. Again, and its not about who is locked out exclusively. I am saying that blacks are burdened MORE than others. No one is saying that no other race is not burdened. This is about degrees. Inequity is caused and preserved by degrees of difference in treatment, not whether others do not experience the same things. Not experiencing it to the same degree creates inequality, as well as, preserves it.
Could you hand me a tissue to wipe the egg off my face? I'm so sorry about the gender confusion.

I also agree about the inequities in life. It still bugs me that men, no matter what their ethnicity or degree of education still make more than a woman.

Last edited by JGC97; 02-15-2022 at 09:38 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 04:10 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There's a lot of work behind how things are separated in stores. Some stores want the whole line placed together - shampoo, conditioner, mousse, hairspray for their brand / line within the brand, and other stores want them separated by subcategory - shampoo's all together regardless of brand, then conditioners, etc.
So either way they do it, it's going to be separated somehow. Data is collected on this to see which stores do better with sales in this regard, so it's very purposefully done.

You either live in an area that is primarily black or where hair care products for black people have a high theft rate. Thus, they're locked up.

Don't blame racism, blame black folks for stealing **** and causing you to be inconvenienced. That's how I feel with things that are locked up in my community.
Well...following that logic then whites who are not racist DESERVE to be burdened by the cost left to bear by past and present whites who were racist. Instead of blaming blacks for looking at you for being racist when you are not, blame the past and present racist whites for that.

I just wanted to see who would make that argument for me, when the shoe is on the other foot. Whites commonly say "I never owned a slave". "I am not racist". Well, we all have to carry burdens of our peoples, is what I am hearing you say.

Its not racist to to treat all whites as racist because some whites are racist and many past whites were racist. I don't understand loss prevention like you don't understand racial oppression reconciliation. Unfortunately, whites who did not own slaves or who are not racist now has to carry the burden of those whites who were. Don't get mad at blacks for this unfortunate circumstance, be made at the history of whites.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-12-2020 at 04:23 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 04:20 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Go somewhere where there are lots of meth addicts, you'll see stuff like lithium batteries and drain opener locked up too.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:29 PM

16,079 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, that SHOULD be the answer. Anything locked up should be backed up by theft and inventory data.

But, have YOU seen that data? I haven't, and would like to before I decide my answer.
Where I work I do. And yes, loss prevention reports are generated that dictate which items are high theft and need additional security. They even suggest which types of theft prevention hardware should be used, cases, individual boxes, security tags, etc. In this day and age I think it's VERY unlikely that any chain retailer locks things up based on perception alone.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
I have long and wild thick curly hair and use those products. Can't say I've ever seen them locked away. I have seen "white" luxury salon brands locked away though.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well...following that logic then whites who are not racist DESERVE to be burdened by the cost left to bear by past and present whites who were racist. Instead of blaming blacks for looking at you for being racist when you are not, blame the past and present racist whites for that.

I just wanted to see who would make that argument for me, when the shoe is on the other foot. Whites commonly say "I never owned a slave". "I am not racist". Well, we all have to carry burdens of our peoples, is what I am hearing you say.

Its not racist to to treat all whites as racist because some whites are racist and many past whites were racist. I don't understand loss prevention like you don't understand racial oppression reconciliation. Unfortunately, whites who did not own slaves or who are not racist now has to carry the burden of those whites who were. Don't get mad at blacks for this unfortunate circumstance, be made at the history of whites.

Okay, then it's not racist to treat all blacks as looting thugs because some are looting thugs.

And that means ALL of your products should be locked up.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:09 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Okay, then it's not racist to treat all blacks as looting thugs because some are looting thugs.

And that means ALL of your products should be locked up.
I'm your Huckleberry! I am willing for blacks to pay the burdens for blacks in America, since civil rights legislation, if whites are willing to pay the burdens of 400 years of what whites have done to blacks. Say "when".

Besides, you have already argued, in the abstract, that you see it okay to see and treat black people as thugs because of the behavior of some black people looting and rioting. You set the precedent with the Walmart or Walgreens argument where you were okay with blacks who do not steal being burden with the consequences created by those blacks who do steal.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-12-2020 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 05:11 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
well you could say that the black hair care products have more protection, while the white hair care products are left with no protection. I say its unfair protection for two products.

No fair!!! one has protection and the other does not!! Imma gonna revolt.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:27 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Could you hand me a tissue to wipe the egg off my face? I'm so sorry about the gender confusion.

I also agree about the inequities in life. It still bugs me that men, no matter what their ethnicity or degree of education still make more than a woman.

Most of which....if you go find the latest study that was done by women statisticians at the request\funding of the Organization of University Women....is explainable by the choice of career and taking time off for family etc.

There are still some fields that are behind the times and those make up the remaining valid issue. (NPR did a segment on this FYI)

Be careful with the various charts and graphs people throw about, they are usually hiding something to drive an agenda. This goes for just about any topic. People love to take advantage of the fact that maybe 5% of the population can actually look at something and recognize that it was not statistically valid by accounting for other variables.

P.S. I have 5 women in my immediate family that are under 25 and pursuing careers as well as others so I want them to have a fair shake. I just won't abide people spinning bad or old graphs to mislead people....which is what the US womens soccer team has been doing but oh well....they just keep getting crushed by the courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies